• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Metaknight should not be banned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Does this guy have Wifi so we can beat him up with MK? This thread hasn't been locked yet, the topics filled with stupidity, and this guy thinks Ike > MK.
Good idea. I think he does. If he does, then yeah, he should face someone while they use MK and try using Prima's ingenious strategies. See how far that gets him.
I would do it myself, but I hardly play Brawl and somehow manage to only be okay as MK. The last thing I want to do is prove to him he's right (or at least make him think he is).

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
Me = 1337

I can stay alive against Level 9 Metanight as Captain Falcon! I can 3 stock him! I = Ken! Bow to me!

Tires don exits! I break tires!

NOTE: I don't really talk like this.

MarkPP

Smash Cadet
Link to original post: [drupal=736]Metaknight should not be banned[/drupal]

There are 3 arguments that they're saying Metaknight should be banned what I just saw according to this links.

http://www.smashboards.com/news/blog...ng-meta-knight
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=197057
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=200718

Enough with the arguments about banning Metaknight and let me tell you something.

When I play 'Super Smash Bros Brawl', I went to training mode, I play as Ike, and I faced off against Metaknight as an Lv.9 AI to test Metaknight's moves in training mode. What I discovered Metaknight's technique, is that when I play as Ike, I got out, then I respawn and knock Metaknight out, then Metaknight respawn and I got out again, then I respawn and knock Metaknight out again, until I got great advantage to knock Metaknight out twice within being stayed alive.

So the conclusion is, Metaknight should not be banned, because I test him while I play as Ike and I have no problems with Metaknight.

Remember that Metaknight gets knocked out by any of the characters(like Ike), because if you read 'Super Smash Bros Brawl Guide: Premiere Edition' by 'PrimaGames', they will tell you about 'Fight against Metaknight' in the 'Character Guide' Section.

-Robert(aka: MaxfireXSA)
What a ****ing *******.
I actually have no words to tell how dumb and new you actually are to the game.

ShinXDestiny

Smash Rookie
Meta knight isn't enough to be banned. Meta knight would be Meta knight if he didn't have the skills he had. My friend plays Meta knight, and I have no trouble with it. Though sometimes I do get stuck in his little tornado spam thing. We usually play with 7 lives and he can beat a level 9 Meta knight with 2 remaining life. I play Ike and I can beat him with 2 remaining lives and level 9 Meta knight with 4. He is a good character to train with though, if you can dodge and counter his moves can can do that with alot of other characters. Though, pikachu is one to fear... Just super annoying with his electric attacks!

Mr.Fakeman

Smash Journeyman
Meta knight isn't enough to be banned. Meta knight would be Meta knight if he didn't have the skills he had. My friend plays Meta knight, and I have no trouble with it. Though sometimes I do get stuck in his little tornado spam thing. We usually play with 7 lives and he can beat a level 9 Meta knight with 2 remaining life. I play Ike and I can beat him with 2 remaining lives and level 9 Meta knight with 4. He is a good character to train with though, if you can dodge and counter his moves can can do that with alot of other characters. Though, pikachu is one to fear... Just super annoying with his electric attacks!
This I strongly agree with you mate, I use Captain Falcon and I get so many benefits training on metaknight! Lowest Tier vs Highest Tier, I'm more than happy to take the opportunity to do so. In fact, MK does have his beneficial sides in terms of training. You just have to get used you to it you know?

Tomato Kirby

Smash Ace
Meta knight isn't enough to be banned. Meta knight would be Meta knight if he didn't have the skills he had. My friend plays Meta knight, and I have no trouble with it. Though sometimes I do get stuck in his little tornado spam thing. We usually play with 7 lives and he can beat a level 9 Meta knight with 2 remaining life. I play Ike and I can beat him with 2 remaining lives and level 9 Meta knight with 4. He is a good character to train with though, if you can dodge and counter his moves can can do that with alot of other characters.
No, no, no! A CPU does NOT represent the character at all. The Level 9s are easy to beat. Nobody cares; do not use CPUs as proof! Your friend is also not likely a premier Meta Knight player. Defeating him does not prove anything.

As said before:
MK has no exploitable weaknesses. If you beat MK you didn't actually beat MK. You just beat the person using MK. This is called bad character design.

This I strongly agree with you mate, I use Captain Falcon and I get so many benefits training on metaknight! Lowest Tier vs Highest Tier, I'm more than happy to take the opportunity to do so. In fact, MK does have his beneficial sides in terms of training. You just have to get used you to it you know?
OK…Not everybody is happy to play the “Lower Tier” side in “Lowest Tier vs Highest Tier” fights in tournaments.

I guess fighting several Meta Knights improves knowledge and experience of the match-up, though. He will have a major advantage anyway no matter how many you fight, though.

I mean no offense to anyone; this is just how it is.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
You are not even using your own sources to back up why you think meta knight should be banned, you're just taking what other people said and saying that's why he should be banned. And no offense, but you would probably get absolutely destroyed by a good meta knight if you were playing as ike. You have no idea why he should and should not be banned.

MaxfireXSA

Banned via Warnings
BTW Projectiles against MK = Usless

MK goes so fast even characters like Rob can't stop him from getting close. 1 Powersheild is all that it takes.

Get close to MK? He'll be close to you. Hit him when your close and when he can't move? Nope, he'll do dsmash untill he hits you and he'll get you on the first or second try.
Projectiles against Meta Knight, who ever know how to use projectile against Meta Knight, then I would recommend Ice Climbers' Projectile with Ice so if it doesn't work, where Meta Knight could avoid projectile. Then it takes timing if Meta Knight gets close to you, then I would recommend that if you faced off against the player(who is online or tournament) who plays as Meta Knight. Here's a tip.

1. If the player spams the B button to do Meta Knight's Tornado Slash while you're in the air, then press L & R while in the air(for GC) or press Left and Right directional arrows while in the air(for Wii Remote only) to avoid Meta Knight's tornado slash while you're in the air.
  2. If Meta Knight use Down Smash, make sure to guard, then press Left or Right to avoid that problem.
  3. The most recommendable projectile against Meta Knight is Fox's Laser gun, Falco's Laser gun, Wolf's Laser gun, Mario's Fireball, the most of all, Samus' Laser Beams(depends if you charge it), etc depends if any character use projectiles in the game.
  4. Sonic, Jigglypuff, Yoshi, Ike, Fox, Falco, Wolf, and the most of all, Luigi is the example of using charge attack against Meta Knight, including Ike's Quickdraw.
  5. Link, Samus, and Sheik is the examples of using throws from far distance against Meta Knight.

That's all the tips as it is, if you have any problems or this tips doesn't work, PM to me. Any negative comments towards me while PM will be forward(or reported).

jigglyppuff8

Smash Lord
Prima sucks. It doesn't give you any good information for the way we play. That guide was made... what... 5...6...7... 9. 9 months ago. On information that was studied for about a week. Those people who make these Prima guides probably aren't even playing Super Smash Brothers Brawl right now. Probably working on another barebones guide for some other game. We, the community at SmashBoards, have studied the game for about 8 months now. Found better fighting techniques than what Prima gives, exploitable glitches, and a near complete breakdown of how the game works in general. If Meta Knight was as easily countered by projectiles as the Prima guide makes it seem, why would there be this debate over MK being banned or not? Fox would be top tier again or Link. But that isn't the case. SmashBoards >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>*Over 9000 ">"s later* >>>>>>>>Prima Guide.

To counter Prima's points:
1. Meta Knight's aerial speed while using mach tornado is faster than most other characters' aerial speed. Also, mach tornado lasts much longer than an air dodge.
2. C-Stick. We have only about 3-5 frames to react when a Meta Knight main uses that thing. Seeing as we don't have the reflexes of a CPU, that is next to near impossible to accomplish. Not to mention wi-fi's button lag.
3. If I understand these kind of game mechanics correctly('cause I'm a big fat n00b :)), then, Meta Knight's speed on the ground is so quick that if you try to projectile spam, he'll just run up to you and do whatever it is MKs do on the ground(Yes, I'm a big n00b.)
4. Like MK will stay on the ground.
5. See 4.

You see Prima Guide, your logic is clearly flawed and therefore you suck. You have deluded a poor poor video game player into believing you are the only truth.
Go decompose in a dump you useless waste of a tree.

EDIT: Sorry if that statement offended you...

MaxfireXSA

Banned via Warnings

1. Meta Knight's aerial speed while using mach tornado is faster than most other characters' aerial speed. Also, mach tornado lasts much longer than an air dodge.
2. C-Stick. We have only about 3-5 frames to react when a Meta Knight main uses that thing. Seeing as we don't have the reflexes of a CPU, that is next to near impossible to accomplish. Not to mention wi-fi's button lag.
3. If I understand these kind of game mechanics correctly('cause I'm a big fat n00b :)), then, Meta Knight's speed on the ground is so quick that if you try to projectile spam, he'll just run up to you and do whatever it is MKs do on the ground(Yes, I'm a big n00b.)
5. See 4.

You see Prima Guide, your logic is clearly flawed and therefore you suck. You have deluded a poor poor video game player into believing you are the only truth. Go decompose in a dump you useless waste of a tree.
jigglyppuff8, I don't have to fight over you if you said negative comments towards me, here's what I said, if you think my other tips don't work, then I would suggest PM to me, no negative comment towards me, because I already report your post that it is offensive towards me. And if you PM to me with your negative comments because my tips don't work, then I'll forward/report your message to the staffs.

Please don't offend me for your negative comments and please be nice to me, if you want to PM to me that my tips don't work, then look, say nicely, like saying 'I'm sorry about your tips, because it doesn't work against Meta Knight'.

kr3wman

Smash Master
I'm sorry about your tips, because it doesn't work against Meta Knight.

NintendoMan07

Smash Journeyman
In defense of jigglyppuff8, I didn't see the words "MaxfireXSA", "OP", or anything addressing you. It was directed at the Prima guide, the one you stand by as proof. Your argument only holds if we're talking about the Lvl. 9 CPU Meta Knight. I can't speak from experience, but I have a feeling that it would be incredibly rare for a tournament to introduce Lvl. 9 CPUs into the mix. Tournaments are, as far as I can assume, player against player. Someone feel free to correct me, as I will admit, I'm arguing solely on common sense here.

The issue over Meta Knight Smashboards is having is directed at this type of match: player against player. Your argument is NOT addressing this player against player situation. If you really want your argument to hold, I would highly suggest that you fight something besides the Lvl. 9 CPU, perhaps someone else with experience with Meta Knight?

As far as negative comments in general, your request is highly unreasonable. I can understand if you hold this threat against those that directly assault you with uninformative comments, but to those who are clearly trying to inform you through constructive criticism, regardless of the loaded language they use, your threat is conterproductive to the expansion of your knowledge as a Brawl player.

Blooqkazoo

Smash Journeyman
Blasphemy! You dare insult the bible of Smash that is The Prima Strategy Guide and question its authority!? First of all, without the Prima Strategy Guide, I wouldn't be here. We would not want that now do we? No! Second, it has a cool poster inside it. Epic, I know.

Honestly, gentlemen, I couldn't tell if you were being sarcastic or not.

MaxfireXSA

Banned via Warnings
I'm sorry about your tips, because it doesn't work against Meta Knight.
I'm sorry about your tips, because it doesn't work against Meta Knight
Okay, the tip is, against the players playing Meta Knight, you have keep dodging by Meta Knight's attack and do aerial dodge, it takes timing, but please remember, agility, speed, techniques, deception, and your secret weapon, vigilance.

In defense of jigglyppuff8, I didn't see the words "MaxfireXSA", "OP", or anything addressing you. It was directed at the Prima guide, the one you stand by as proof. Your argument only holds if we're talking about the Lvl. 9 CPU Meta Knight. I can't speak from experience, but I have a feeling that it would be incredibly rare for a tournament to introduce Lvl. 9 CPUs into the mix. Tournaments are, as far as I can assume, player against player. Someone feel free to correct me, as I will admit, I'm arguing solely on common sense here.

The issue over Meta Knight Smashboards is having is directed at this type of match: player against player. Your argument is NOT addressing this player against player situation. If you really want your argument to hold, I would highly suggest that you fight something besides the Lvl. 9 CPU, perhaps someone else with experience with Meta Knight?

As far as negative comments in general, your request is highly unreasonable. I can understand if you hold this threat against those that directly assault you with uninformative comments, but to those who are clearly trying to inform you through constructive criticism, regardless of the loaded language they use, your threat is conterproductive to the expansion of your knowledge as a Brawl player.
Well what can I say here, jigglyppuff8's defense has threatening this blog and offends me, so that's why I did a report on jigglyppuff8's post that was on this quote.

You see Prima Guide, your logic is clearly flawed and therefore you suck. You have deluded a poor poor video game player into believing you are the only truth. Go decompose in a dump you useless waste of a tree.
That's why if you see here, in the bold, that it's just offensive, and it threatens this blog and the rest of the members threaten this blog and ruin me. And now I have to contact with the staffs that banning Meta Knight is canceled, because the pro-ban members in this thread has offend me and threatening this blog, and now it's time to cancel banning Meta Knight.

I'll be right back.

Blooqkazoo

Smash Journeyman
Prima sucks. It doesn't give you any good information for the way we play. That guide was made... what... 5...6...7... 9. 9 months ago. On information that was studied for about a week. Those people who make these Prima guides probably aren't even playing Super Smash Brothers Brawl right now. Probably working on another barebones guide for some other game. We, the community at SmashBoards, have studied the game for about 8 months now. Found better fighting techniques than what Prima gives, exploitable glitches, and a near complete breakdown of how the game works in general. If Meta Knight was as easily countered by projectiles as the Prima guide makes it seem, why would there be this debate over MK being banned or not? Fox would be top tier again or Link. But that isn't the case. SmashBoards >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>*Over 9000 ">"s later* >>>>>>>>Prima Guide.

5. See 4.

It's not too late son. The all-loving and omnipotent Prima can still forgive you.

Honestly, you didn't have to prove that Prima is flawed. It's common knowledge. And to the OP; can't dodge a fair or a bair or a repeated uair or a Mach tornado or an upsmash or a ftilt unless you're a robot. And you're not gonna know what the opponent will do.
I'm personally for banning Metaknight but like not completely ban him you know. Some tourneys can ban him, some tourneys don't.

MaxfireXSA

Banned via Warnings
It's not too late son. The all-loving and omnipotent Prima can still forgive you.

Honestly, you didn't have to prove that Prima is flawed. It's common knowledge. And to the OP; can't dodge a fair or a bair or a repeated uair or a Mach tornado or an upsmash or a ftilt unless you're a robot. And you're not gonna know what the opponent will do.
I'm personally for banning Metaknight but like not completely ban him you know. Some tourneys can ban him, some tourneys don't.
That's why jigglyppuff8's post was offensive. And it leads to a conclusion that banning Meta Knight is canceled.

gantrain05

Smash Master
hey maxfire, you don't know anything about competetive smash bros. your guide doesn't do anything worth a crap, and you don't know what your talking about.....report me on these grounds....report me because what im saying is true, you need to stop making threads with this kind of information because its not true, and you should be reported.

Mr.Fakeman

Smash Journeyman
OK…Not everybody is happy to play the “Lower Tier” side in “Lowest Tier vs Highest Tier” fights in tournaments.

I guess fighting several Meta Knights improves knowledge and experience of the match-up, though. He will have a major advantage anyway no matter how many you fight, though.

I mean no offense to anyone; this is just how it is.
OF COURSE! not everybody is wanting to play lower tier vs. high tier, only those who've got the guts... now get the best MK player in the world and put him in a tourney with the lowest tiers. We would most likely lose as low tiers, but it does not erase the fact that there is a Possibility! to win and fighting well experienced MK players would be splendid mate, especially with a low tier! the MK will have the highest advantage, however you have to think! there is that POSSIBILITY to win, I can't stress that enough mate... But if MK is banned then I can't do anything about it even though I strongly encourage him not to be banned.

Mr.Fakeman

Smash Journeyman
You are not even using your own sources to back up why you think meta knight should be banned, you're just taking what other people said and saying that's why he should be banned. And no offense, but you would probably get absolutely destroyed by a good meta knight if you were playing as ike. You have no idea why he should and should not be banned.
If your replying to me, then I think MK should not be banned. My sources are common sense, I use MK to get better at a faster pace.

MaxfireXSA

Banned via Warnings
hey maxfire, you don't know anything about competetive smash bros. your guide doesn't do anything worth a crap, and you don't know what your talking about.....report me on these grounds....report me because what im saying is true, you need to stop making threads with this kind of information because its not true, and you should be reported.
It is not what I should be reported, it is the two members jigglyppuff8 and BentoBox were being reported for threatening this thread, maybe one of jigglyppuff8's post was reported for saying it offensive towards me, you must understand, I PM to SamuraiPanda about that hurtful comments towards me and threatening this thread.

Here's what I found these quotes that are hurting my feelings and threatening this thread that SamuraiPanda has to understand.

The bold letters what SamuraiPanda has to understand is that it is offensive towards me.

OBVIOUS TROLL IS TROLLING

STOP REPLYING, WOW!

This thread has made my day, lol.
Now this quote hurts my feelings, because they said 'Stop replying this thread', and it was offensive towards this thread.

And I also that I PM to SamuraiPanda that banning Meta Knight is canceled for the day due to the negative comments and offensive posts in this thread.

bobson

Smash Lord
When a non-troll bumps a troll's thread because the troll bumped his own thread, you know he succeeded.

Also,
And I also that I PM to SamuraiPanda that banning Meta Knight is canceled for the day due to the negative comments and offensive posts in this thread.
I giggled.

MaxfireXSA

Banned via Warnings
When a troll bumps his own thread you know he failed.
When a non-troll bumps a troll's thread because the troll bumped his own thread, you know he succeeded.
Well that's why trolling is a offensive deed that just what happens when somebody trolls this thread, and it's an illegal thing to do, and somebody will get an warning/infraction, that's why I behave nicely in this forum, because I read the 'Global Rules' about what should we don't do that in this forum, and what should we do in this forum.

That's why we don't do illegal things in this forum.

So anyways, why don't you guys PM to me if my 5 tips doesn't work against Meta Knight, you only just say that in this thread and I have no PM from somebody else that my 5 tips don't work. You don't have to say this in this thread that my 5 tips don't work, you could PM to me as you like, but say nicely though, okay?

Now I'm sorry for my lack of tips, do you want the tips about how to defeat the player who play as Meta Knight? I'll make a another thread, how about that, deal? So a new thread is gonna be where you could make tips of how to defeat Meta Knight.

kr3wman

Smash Master

Also,

I giggled.
It's not really bumped if the troll bumped it just before.

Ima hijack this thread.

This thread is now about Hokuto no Ken. Discuss Hokuto no Ken here.:p

MaxfireXSA

Banned via Warnings
It's not really bumped if the troll bumped it just before.

Ima hijack this thread.

This thread is now about Hokuto no Ken. Discuss Hokuto no Ken here.:p
No hijacking this thread, please, you don't have to be rude to me like that, or should I have your post reported. And I think I already did.

Goldkirby

Smash Ace
I don't think MK should be banned because I don't think he has enough of an advantage over everyone to warrant the ban, but the OP's post is the most ******** piece of **** I have ever read.

SilverLanayru

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SilverLanayru
3DS FC
1977-0801-2134
Switch FC
SW-1383-4892-7702
Goodness, I've been hearing a lot about this recently. I'm just on the neutral...although I'm leaning to where he shouldn't be banned (even though he can be easily spammed with). I main him...but I just need more practice. Also I've fought a lot of MK players...and I tend to survive the most with my true and second best mains in those fights. Indeed I've defeated a lot of them...except for one MK user who I fight daily (yet someone who's younger than me) :/

Tomato Kirby

Smash Ace
OF COURSE! not everybody is wanting to play lower tier vs. high tier, only those who've got the guts... now get the best MK player in the world and put him in a tourney with the lowest tiers. We would most likely lose as low tiers, but it does not erase the fact that there is a Possibility! to win and fighting well experienced MK players would be splendid mate, especially with a low tier! the MK will have the highest advantage, however you have to think! there is that POSSIBILITY to win, I can't stress that enough mate... But if MK is banned then I can't do anything about it even though I strongly encourage him not to be banned.
*Thinks about Mew2King's Meta Knight*

Then there is the more likely possibility of getting completely destroyed.

Hey, I play Kirby in SSBM. Somehow, I never really looked forward to fighting a Fox or Marth. The 10-90 match-ups are simply depressing. The fights were more frustration than enjoyment to me.

To MaxfireXSA: I believe jigglyppuff8's post was asking the Prima Guide to decompose (sentence logic: Prima guide=waste of trees, so it should decompose; although I guess the post is still an indirect insult)...anyway, you seem to be right that decent courtesy is starting to vanish from this thread.

I think more people would be interested in your reasoning and less antagonistic (maybe) if you compose an arguement without using CPUs and Prima as your references.

As for the tips: Although they are useful, the tips are for situational purposes only and do not solve the main problems. It is more mindgame advice than helping to level the match-ups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom