• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MetaKnight: Official Character Discussion

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
King Ace in Canada supposedly plays a good MK+. Omni did as well but he's only played B+ once. There's one active MK+ main in MD/VA (Tantalus) but he's pretty terrible.

The only thoughts I have for MK+ right now is a little more endlag for dair (dair spam still works very well) and maybe more BKB for uair so it doesn't combo into itself like 6 times every time you land it. But MK+ is still so rarely played that it's hard to judge things like this, so iunno.

Revven

FrankerZ
Right now, I have a .PAC here of MK with the removal of two jumps and a changed Dthrow angle (so he can't gimp you that quickly like he can now). If anyone wants to try it, here's the download link: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?njwjtg4koto

We don't have to take away two of his jumps, it's just something to try out. I also removed transcendent priority from his Fsmash (which I hope I did right, something tells me I didn't) as a test to see what would happen.

The Cape

Smash Master
After playing the more recent MK I really think he needs to be looked at again:

- Remove 1 jump
-MK Downsmash both hitboxes KBG changed to 80 from 93, BKB changed to 30 from 40
-MK's whorenado now cannot change vertical height due to increased gravity
- MK Tornado change Comes out .75 speed (hits frame 16 instead of 12) & 1.5x as much landing lag
- D-Throw: Angle changed to 120° from previous setting of 40°. New:[1 Dmg; 110 KBG; 60->80 BKB; 50°->120°] Old:[1 Dmg; 60->80 BKB; 110 KBG; 50°->40°]
- F-Throw: BKB raised to 70 from 50, KBG 125 from 140 [3 Dmg; 140->125 KBG; 50->70 BKB; 65°]
- F-Air: Outer hitboxes added back in. Shifted inwards.
- D-Air: Inner Hit: [1x Size; 7 Dmg; 105 KBG; 30 BKB; 35°->40°]; Outer Hit: [1x Size; 9 Dmg; 105 KBG; 15 BKB; 23°->32°]
- Neutral-B: Special offensive flags changed from 204FFFC3->004FFFC3 to fix non-existent hitlag
- Up-B (Ground): Invincible on frame 8 when hitbox comes out from default 5-8
- Up-B (Loop): Angle raised to 35° from 30°. New:[1x Size; 9 Dmg; 60->83 KBG; 90->55 BKB; 30°->35°] Old:[1x Size; 9 Dmg; 60->83 KBG; 90->55 BKB; 30°]
- 1.7x Hitlag on D tilt and Glair
- 1.3x hitlag on all other moves
- SideB hitboxes at 80% size (might help with the priority problems)

Still need:
- Cant grab ledge 7 times in a row
- Remove sideB autosnap

These are my opinions that I really think would be the perfect MK. If someone is willing to code it, I will test it.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Why are you shrinking the size of Side B which is still a mediocre special move and is unsafe on block and is pretty SDI-able still which is what hurt its utility in the first place.

Removing Glide Jump is silly as that limits his G-air to only Shuttle loop in which Shuttle to Gair is already predictable and has little shield stun.

Top Bottom