• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Video Thread

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
gotta space your aerials better if you wanna go aggroknight vs diddy, you usually come down and attack when you get sent in the air it gets predictable, resetting your spacing is pretty important vs diddy, his fair is ********

nice use of utilt ,1st game kill was dope

Orion*

Smash Researcher

it's the first time I really feel like I played my best and it was recorded lol so I was hyped when it was finally uploaded

Staco

Smash Champion

it's the first time I really feel like I played my best and it was recorded lol so I was hyped when it was finally uploaded
Yeah, you did really well, punished almost every mistake. :)
BluB didn´t even play bad that set, really nice.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
anyone have recent high level matches of mk vs dk, mk vs wario and mk vs lucas ?
lucas-> i dont think there are any. maybe if you look hard there's something of mekos fighting a good player.

As far as DK goes...
Tyrant vs will is up... but that ***** has no idea what he's doing.
i never bothered to loo this on up either because i always had will in my region lol

Wario there's not to much recent videos... however I don't think warios metagame has advanced enough to really make it much of a problem.

M2K/anti vs anyone
atomsk vs malcolm
or kaos vs glutto are all good watches

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
Thanks bud :)

you know of any good marth vs mk matches?? im trying to learn the mu before apex haha

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
MikeHaze vs anyone not called M2K.

You won't learn a thing from European/Japanese/Mexican matches, word.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
Thanks bud :)

you know of any good marth vs mk matches?? im trying to learn the mu before apex haha
VVV below is a set that i think is pretty good from me/ramin

Tyrant/Mikehaze are all legit but I don't think I've seen any new uploads in a while.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRc0jGe4OBE
this is the most recent set i've watched
also rain vs mikehaze
MikeHaze vs anyone not called M2K.

You won't learn a thing from European/Japanese/Mexican matches, word.
I take offense to that

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=079XxOi9uOo

pretty legit set imo. I got outskilled but I dont think there where to many mistakes overall gameplay wise.

Joaco

Triforce of Wisdom
NNID
JoacoRyu8
Those matches weren't uploaded earlier iirc?

Exdeath

Smash Master
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ik6WvtqPb3s#t=36m06 vs DRN(Fox, Wario) DRN uses Metaknight from 00:00 to 24:19

youtube.com/#/watch?v=BoyiblES6-0 DRN(Metaknight) vs Reflex(Wario)

Some friendlies that I used Metaknight in. The first half is me playing as Falco so view at your own discretion. ^_^
In the first game vs. DRN's :fox::

Your mental offensive game is good when you have the momentum and your opponent is pressured, but your technical game and follow-ups are poor (e.g. glide attack at 0% and following up with... dash attack; hitting a fast-faller with glide attack at 0% should be ~50%). Furthermore, your glide options at neutral were terrible; gliding from full hop or higher while on stage at neutral is a guaranteed hit for pretty much every high-tier and glide attacking when your opponent only needed to take a step forward for a guaranteed shield grab on reaction. Your ledge trapping was non-existent and you kept going for gimps. Against spacies, MK, or other characters who can quickly and laglessly cover horizontal distances as a mix-up it's generally better to safely cover possible options while not putting yourself in a position to be hit (e.g. whiffing a retreating FH Dair on stage when you think that they're going to go for the ledge).

You can use tilts to space out and/or acquire a space that you feel comfortable to begin safely attacking. When you immediately cancel your Up-B, it's safer if you DI away from your opponent so that you're essentially retreating it. Try to recover with Down-B more; it option-selects well and when people try to punish it they either leave themselves open for something else that you can easily react to. An example being: By grabbing the ledge early and either hanging their and allowing you to Up-B them or trying to get back on stage by a ledge roll and allowing you to Neutral B, initiate glide pressure from an Up-B, etc.

First game vs. DRN's :wario::

Standing in shield is a highly overrated option. Dashing is bad at neutral and you got hit by Down-B, Dair, etc. for it. Generally how I've started playing is to play extremely defensively and throw out safe baits until I get some information on my opponent that I can use to begin applying safe pressure and reads (a certain red bird calls this "The Rain"). Wario can't really get on and land strong kill moves vs. MK at neutral. He requires MK to make a mistake or commit to something unsafe (e.g. air dodge). Your preference for Dsmash over tilts should have gotten you Fsmashed, but DRN's inexperience with Wario was showing. Even though I say this, you are quite blessed to have a training partner as generally talented as Chas.

Reflex' video isn't coming up when I try to paste the link. Sorry for not giving better advice but I hope it helps; I'm still trying to learn those MUs myself and I use a rather off-color :metaknight: anyway.

EDIT: I forgot to add that you don't know how to take hits and give away free strings (I'm very guilty of that myself). and to broaden why standing shield is bad; you don't want to be sitting still vs. any character; it's virtually always better to be mobile. Mobile hit boxes increases your denial zone area and shift your vulnerable zones which optimally causes your opponent to be aiming for a target that isn't actually there.

kismet2

Smash Ace
Thanks for the critique! ^_^ I like honesty, it just lets me know what I need to improve on. Also I'm very grateful that I get the opportunities to play Chas as well as Luis(Reflex). =) I didn't have the opportunity to practice much because I don't have a working Wii with Brawl. Luis was kind enough to let me borrow his Wii for a week. Since then, I've been learning some shortcuts to help with my followup problem with Metaknight. I've also trained on this for a bit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnzLLm0U7-o. I'm loving the uses for it like controlling space and being able to Fsmash out of it(I use it an an approach).

I fixed the link to the video for ya. When I posted the link to that video, I was using my phone which gave the code for the mobile version. My bad, haha.

Top Bottom