• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Memphis Isn't Cool - Lowell, MA - Aug 24, 08

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
then the tri fecta was going to be MattDotClubAtAStripMallThinksHeIsCoolAndHeIsToYoungToDoAnythingElseFALCAWNPAWWWNCH

Radiation

Smash Apprentice
How long do you think this is gonna last until? Me and my brother are thinking about coming, but he has to work later in the day so yeah. Probably we'll just do singles because we kinda suck anywayyyyyy

vigiliante

Smash Journeyman
How long do you think this is gonna last until? Me and my brother are thinking about coming, but he has to work later in the day so yeah. Probably we'll just do singles because we kinda suck anywayyyyyy
It doesn't matter how long it will be because your going to get owned by my WARIO SON!!!!:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
lol @ me repeating a question that wasn't answered but here we go.

What time do you think this will go until? I have an orientation for college that day and I was hoping that I might be able to show up afterwards. Not necessarily for a tournament but maybe just for friendlies... and of course to get owned by Tom's Wario-son. >.<

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Tom, if you need someone and I make it in time for doubles I won't have a partner. But I'm sure you can find someone better before than.

I'm working 12-6 am the night before this... I may be running seriously late...

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
No, that's letting you know I may be running late since I'll be in CT for that tourney tommoorow at 11 or 12 and than working till 6 am... than driving to lowell after a power nap.

BubbleTea

Smash Apprentice
So yeah. I can bring my Nintendo Wii if you need me to. I don't think I can bring a TV though. I'll probably just end up giving you a call before I leave tomorrow to see if you still want me to bring a wii.

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
well, tom needs me to start singles first, so, i guess what I'm going to do is have singles if thats ok with everyone.

can a get sort of a vote of who wants first?

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Memphis sucks because he wont tell you if you can get housing or not if its the deciding factor for you going to the tournament.

=(

BubbleTea

Smash Apprentice
The tourney was great fun! Thanks!! Let us know if you are going to have another one. We'll be there :D
I need to do some practicing for sure so I can try to take on your sonic ... oh yes

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Memphis breaks tourneys. BubbleTea ***** loser's bracket. Ace saves the day.

Memphis Isn't Cool is a randomly amazing tourney. Host another... on that saturday you're putting stuff in your dorm. I will personally drive out and help you move everything, and I mean everything, on like Thursday if you do it.

Deal?

Rocarva0203

Smash Rookie
Thanks to all the people that came it was great to have everyone over. I hope everyone had fun and I would like to hold another one before the nice weather ends.

Memphis is still not cool as he did not post the results of the brackets he made that took a few hours to figure out. :ohwell:

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
Is BubbleTea a girl?

I made a gif of me kneeing then Falcon Punching Mattdotzeb in Brawl. ^__^

Das wot ewe git~

Who won this anyways?

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Results will show up whenever me and can get together to work out results... Cause he failed to have tio...

Top 8, out of memory...

1 KoreanDJ (Random Box)
2 Fubar (Peach)
3 Nito (Lucas)
4 Riot (Zelda)
4.5 BubbleTea (Pikachu/Olimar)
5 Ace (Diddy Kong/Donkey Kong/Sonic)
7 Memphischains (Sonic/Kirby with Sonic Hat)
7 Fayt (Kirby)

There were 14 entrants, and it gets alittle hazy after that to be honest.

Teams

1 KDJ + Vigiliante
2 Thundercats (Ace+ Riot)
3 Fubar and ????(Kirby + Peach)

There were 8 teams.

EDIT: I suck for screwing up BubbleTea's spot. My bad, all fixed now.

faytmaker

Smash Rookie
I don't think this was as much a tournament as it was a lesson to the smash community on why exactly we don't let Memphis even touch brackets.

P.S. I won a tournament match with Captain Falcon...I should automatically win

Etherlight

Smash Apprentice
I don't think this was as much a tournament as it was a lesson to the smash community on why exactly we don't let Memphis even touch brackets.
Agreed. But then again I got $25.50 bucks so **** yeah.

This was fun though, just hope that the next tourney doesn't get screwed up like yesterday.

Top Bottom