• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Memphis Isn't Cool - Lowell, MA - Aug 24, 08

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
Memphis Isn't Cool​
A Super Smash Brothers Tournament​

Information

**WE NEED SETUPS** - If anyone could help us out at all, post here so I can tally. Anything would be appriciated.

My cell is 978-335-5974, if any further questions arise, you're stupid and get lost, or something of that sort

1207 MIddlesex Street
Lowell, MA

Tourney

Singles - 5 Dollar Entry
Doubles - 5 Dollars per team
(This isn't going to be anything big)

1st - 60%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 10%

You should start arriving @ around 11 - 11:30 AM. This will start PROMPTLY @ Noon. If you are going to be late, that's a john, and a bad one at that.

Rules

General

Double Elimination
All matches are best of 3, winners'/losers' finals best of 5, finals best out of 7
3 stock, 7 minute limit
Ties broken by lives/percentage
Items OFF Smash Balls OFF
Team Attack ON
Life stealing is allowed in doubles

Stages

Neutral Stages: (These will be on random.)

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Brawl Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise

Counterpicks available:

Delphino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Norfair
Halberd
Pokemon Stadium 2
Pokemon Stadium 1
Pictochat
Hanenbow
Brinstar
Jungle Japes

Other

Dave's Modified Stupid Rule: No stage may be used twice in a single set
if the player choosing already won on that stage.

Random Knock-Out: Each player may choose to eliminate 1 of the random
stages to be chosen at the beginning of the set.

Stage Banning: Each player may choose to eliminate 1 of the stages available for counterpicking.

Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or elect to go
random, then winner may choose to change characters, then loser may
change characters.

Double blind for character selection may be used if a player wants to.

Other Rules & Special Issues

Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc),
except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are
banned. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be
disqualified from the tournament.

Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use
third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you
are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to
use that controller any longer.

Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character
or indefinitely freezing them, or any glitch or trick that freezes the match
or makes it in any way unfinishable are banned. Using them will result in the
immediate forfeit of the match.

Tactics such as Jiggly's Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery or
to maneuver around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively
stall a match, such as dropping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath,
is banned. Judges will be on the tournament floor can be called in at any time to
enforce this rule during a match.

You are responsible to bring your own controller. Any controller is suitable
for this tournament (wii mote/nun chuck/classic), just make sure people around
you are not also syncing at the same time as you.

This event also isn't at my house, and we will follow the house owner's rules as he see fits.

Credit for 98% of the Ruleset foes to Cort, because I'm not even cool. After there will be some social activity (PAHTAY WOO!!!!!111!eleven!!!), so if your interested then feel free to post how not cool I am.

faytmaker

Smash Rookie
All about this tourney especially seeing as how its right down the street from my house. That and I'll probably have to babysit Memphis running it cuz he's not even cool.

Edit: Also bringing TV and setup

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
I wanna get most of MA to come to this, get whatever gay scene we have all about it. Imma go post it in the MA gayer finder that i barely update

Rocarva0203

Smash Rookie
Yeah everyone is welcome I warn you in advance though parking is limited so more people to one car the better and I'll have a vehicle that day so if someone needs to be picked up and dropped off I dont mind doing it just hit up the cell phone 978-888-7879, this is the host of the tourney btw.

Rocarva0203

Smash Rookie
Actually memphis wrote the wrong date, must've been miscomunication between us. It's suppose to be held on a Sat. which is in fact the 30th not 29th. So those goin to reaper's game fear not cause thats being held on fri the 29th. ours is sat. the 30th of August. sorry for the confusion.

Rocarva0203

Smash Rookie
Yeah the date thing has been crazy but 24th seems to be the best way to go, so let's go with it. We're going to have the grill fired up as well, so any favorite sauce or grilled entrees you like go ahead and make a suggestion or just bring it since that would work as well.

I know it's been crazy but date is now set in stone Aug. 24 which is a sunday hope to see everyone there and should be fun.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Sunday... really? Uhggg...

I work Sundays... and I have no idea if I can get yet another sunday off.

I swear if all this time I'm taking off from work bites me in the *** I'm gunna be unhappy.

Rocarva0203

Smash Rookie
Exactly cause it promotes peace on earth as poeple from all over the world come together and smash it up.

Sunday shouldn't be that bad of a day for this I mean come on do you really need all of sunday to recover from hangovers from sat night parties.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Exactly cause it promotes peace on earth as poeple from all over the world come together and smash it up.

Sunday shouldn't be that bad of a day for this I mean come on do you really need all of sunday to recover from hangovers from sat night parties.
I work Sunday nights. :(

And I've used alot of time off lately already...

Top Bottom