• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Memphis Brawler Weeklies

Zozefup

Smash Lord
this is interesting. I may hit this up sometime soon. how many people usually come? are you guys any good? :/

does Chad, Iori, spaceballs ever come? (i didn't bother reading through the thread)

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
this is interesting. I may hit this up sometime soon. how many people usually come? are you guys any good? :/

does Chad, Iori, spaceballs ever come? (i didn't bother reading through the thread)
Iori came last week. ISHB, Talon, and Thrillerman have been here every week. Jester Kirby, Ambix, and BunBun have been here every week except one. About 20 to 30 people always show up. We usually have about 3 Melee Setups and 3 or 4 Brawl Setups. Some random guy who moved here from Chicago (Something like that....) showed up last night and did really well against IHSB and Ambix.

Iori works at the FedEx hub so he is sleeping during the time that we play. So he doesn't come out all that often. Though, he will be coming to the Melee and Brawl tourney this weekend.

MmmM ITZ TastY

Smash Cadet
judging by how many are signed up and the last tourney......how long do you think it will last on saturday?? I'm trying to make plans for afterwards.....and letting a girl know you play video games competitively the first time you chill doesn't usually make for a good start either :/

Dewgons

Smash Rookie
Does anyone there play TvC: UAS? (Tatsunoko vs Capcom) If so, I'd bring a set up for it if anyone wants to play next Tuesday.

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
<----- Random guy from Chicago.
@Dewgons: Haha, I didn't want to post your real name on the Smashboards. I don't know if that wigs some people out? Anyways, you're good at melee! You should show up on Saturday: Here's the link: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=288954

And you can definitely bring that game and if we have space, you can set it up, but in the Smash league, Smash takes priority.

@Tasty: If the girl truly is interested in you then she will understand your horribly amazingly strong addiction to Melee. She might advise counseling, but you should refuse. And Melee will be done by 4 PM... and Brawl...... well.... might actually go to midnight.

Talon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Talon
3DS FC
0404-8185-5062
What? I so called to bring Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 2! >_<# I just have one controler on ps3 so byoc.

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
Lol yeah it's all good. I'll be there on Saturday. I'll bring a set up on sat if you need it.
A setup would be awesome! we should have around 10 for melee.... Thanks! and I look forward to seeing you there. Btw, send me a PM with your name and gamertag so I can add you to the pre-made brackets. It will make it easier for me on Saturday. Thanks!

and talon you can bring Naruto Shippuden... btw, we're also going to be using the room across the hallway since we seem to have outgrown the conference room lol. If we keep growing at this rate, then I'm demanding the upstairs in January! :)

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master

Yayyyy Zoze! Chad lives in Alabama now, but Iori and I will be there for the tournaments unless otherwise stated. Hope to see you again man, it's been too long!

<----- Random guy from Chicago.
Great playing with you post-Subway diet guy, hope to see you on Saturday. BTW, looking through your old posts, you had some in the DML tri-weekly thread, did you ever make it out to our old apartment?

Talon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Talon
3DS FC
0404-8185-5062
Yay for Shippuden. :) I'm totally ecstatic about saturday.So many Epic things are going to happen....Things epic enough to be recorded *cough need cameras/infinite replays*

Dewgons

Smash Rookie
Nah. I never made it out there. Iori came to my house one day and pretty much ***** me XD. That was a while ago though.

Jartravious

Smash Journeyman
All I have to say is, get at me.

Edit:

Great tournament everyone, good to see new guys trying out the game.

@Ambix we will get the friendlies in soon sir, by the way you're unexpectedly good at pool

@ Bunbun you know reverse up smash is better

@ IHSB/Jack you always find amazing ways to apply those **** glasses, i think thats enough to be "main character-ish"

@ Shaka - It sucked we had to play in losers but great games

@Baki/Jared - It was great to meet you, we should play sometime

@Iori ....... Oh I'm sorry, I was thinking about ribs.

Talon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Talon
3DS FC
0404-8185-5062
Awsomeness.Enjoyed playing everyone I could and for those I didn't,play me tuesday or hopefully we play at next monthly

Ambix

Smash Ace
Hey josh.

Gimmee your AIM or something because i want to talk to you about potential stuffs and happenings.

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
Hey guys, Jordan and I are working on dates for the next tournament. Would you be interested in a tournament on Dec. 31 & Jan. 1. A New Year's Smash Tournament? We're thinking Melee on Dec 31, and Brawl on Jan. 1. Let me know your thoughts on whether this is a great idea or not.

Talon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Talon
3DS FC
0404-8185-5062
That'd be awesome,however I'm a family man. And I shall not miss the eggnog this year! >_<#

Tasty I feel ya on the working on hell friday at fed ex.I'm just as stuck as you are. T^T

MmmM ITZ TastY

Smash Cadet
Will FedEx be working on New Year's Eve? I'm pretty sure even my dad gets off that day...
we get new years day off.....so working nights, yea, I work over New Years. But i wont leave till 9 something so depending on what time it is i might be able to squeeze in the whole thing. I get out of class at 2

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
we get new years day off.....so working nights, yea, I work over New Years. But i wont leave till 9 something so depending on what time it is i might be able to squeeze in the whole thing. I get out of class at 2
Hold up! You work on December 31... I got that much, but where on God's Green Earth are you going to school that has classes on that day?!?

Talon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Talon
3DS FC
0404-8185-5062
A later date would be more sufficient.The 8th of jan. would be good but also consider the 15th if you're still planning on Best Buy to sponsor The Vue tournues and get the word out fast. Also I'm feeling kinda iffy about HOBO 29. I may not be able to make it do to some financial issues.My car officially is in the shop now and I need to save up to get it fixed.

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
That's cool! I might skip Hobo 29 and wait until January to start going to tournaments, but I'm gonna need a good group to go with me.

Talon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Talon
3DS FC
0404-8185-5062
That's cool! I might skip Hobo 29 and wait until January to start going to tournaments, but I'm gonna need a good group to go with me.
I can talk to Darkwing and Tatsu about it.I'm not sure for Tatsu but I definitely know Darkwing will throw down.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Guys, save up for WHOBO 3. Dont bother with my regular HOBOs unless its the only thing you can make.

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
Guys, save up for WHOBO 3. Dont bother with my regular HOBOs unless its the only thing you can make.
Lol, thanks for the tip. We have to save up for any tournament since the nearest one seems to be 5-6 hours away. I won't be able to make WHOBO3 because I believe it's on Spring Break and I'll be in Jackson, Mississippi that week. :glare:

N-e-m-e-s-i-s

Smash Rookie
Hey guys! Morgan here!

Just letting everyone know that we're holding open Smash tonight at 5:00 P.M. at Powerplay Videogames. The arcade has been redone, and there is loads more space.

For those of you know have my FB, let me know if you are coming. If we get 20 people, we can make it a tournament for cash! Entry will be $10 in that case. :0

If you need directions, check out PPVG Facebook @ Facebook.com/powerplayvg

IHSB, Iori and Ambix--I'd love to see you guys!
M2

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
Hey guys! Morgan here!

Just letting everyone know that we're holding open Smash tonight at 5:00 P.M. at Powerplay Videogames. The arcade has been redone, and there is loads more space.

For those of you know have my FB, let me know if you are coming. If we get 20 people, we can make it a tournament for cash! Entry will be $10 in that case. :0

If you need directions, check out PPVG Facebook @ Facebook.com/powerplayvg

IHSB, Iori and Ambix--I'd love to see you guys!
M2
I'll be there since I have absolutely nothing to do! Haha, I'm down with it. and... I'll bring a Wii + Brawl... I don't have a tv here. All mine are at the vue.

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
Hey guys, we are still having our Smashfest tomorrow night! Technically the VUE is closed for the week due to Thanksgiving, but they are allowing us to come in during the holidays (i.e. now and christmas break). This is an awesome deal! So hopefully I'll see everyone there again!

Since the place is technically closed, the doors will be locked, but I will be sitting right inside the door from 5 PM until 8 PM, after which point I will tape a note with my phone number to the door... I'll have a setup of Brawl upstairs in case anybody wants to keep me company until 8! I hope to see everyone there!

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
SO....... On December 17 we will, hopefully, be having a
Tribute to Nintendo Night at the VUE!!!!

Basically, everyone should bring their Nintendo consoles, games and TV's to the VUE! We will have an awesome night of all the Nintendo madness we grew up playing! We will need setups!

Basically, we will start 2 tournaments (one from each system SNES & N64) every hour, on the hour. Sign ups will be on the main desk at the VUE, and I will accept entries until that tournament's starting point (first tourney will start at 6 O'Clock sharp!). We will only be using one setup for each tournament because there will be people coming to play just for fun... So.... There will be tons of open systems all night for everyone to goof around on.

There will only be a few rules:
Only 1 Melee setup allowed!
The Wii will be banned from this event (unless its sole purpose is to play SNES or NES emulators)
All tournaments will be played on their authentic systems (no emulators)
All tournament brackets will be single-elimination (For time's sake)

So I'm considering some really intriguing ideas like:
NES Donkey Kong High Score Contest! (Rules listed below)
NES Duck Hunt High Score Contest! (Rules listed below)
SNES Fastest Megaman X Time Race! (Rules listed below)
SNES NBA Jam Tournament! (Tasty) (Rules listed below)
SNES Moral Kombat 2 Tournament! (Talon) (Rules listed below)
SNES Street Fighter 2 Turbo Tournament!
N64 Goldeneye Tournament! (Rules listed below)
N64 Mario Kart 64 Tournament! (Rules listed below)
N64 Smash Bros 64 Tournament! (Rules listed below)
N64 Star Fox 64 Tournament! (Talon) (Rules listed below)

Event Times:
6PM - Street Fighter 2 Turbo & Star Fox 64
7PM - NBA Jam & Smash Bros. 64
8PM - Mortal Kombat 2 & Goldeneye
9PM - Mario Kart 64

Donkey Kong High Score Contest
This contest will run throughout the night. There will be appointed "officials." Grab an official and he will monitor your Donkey Kong High Score attempt and record it. You will only get 1 official attempt for the night! Make it count!

Duck Hunt Contest
This contest will run throughout the night. There will be appointed "officials." Grab an official and he will monitor your Duck Hunt High Score attempt and record it. You will only get 1 official attempt for the night! Make it count!

Mega Man X Time Race Contest
This contest will run throughout the night. There will be appointed "officials." Grab an official and he will monitor your Mega Man X Time Race Contest attempt and record it. You will only get 1 official attempt for the night! Make it count!

NBA Jam Tournament
Players: 2V2 (4 man match - multitap)
Time: Timer Speed 4
Record Keeping is banned
Special Power Codes are banned
Cheats are banned
Game Victory: Most points at end of time.

Mortal Kombat 2 Tournament
Players: 2
Time: 99 Seconds
Game Victory: 2 kills
Match Victory: 2 Game Victories
No glitches of any kind (offender will forfeit that Game)
No controllers that tamper with the SNES or change gameplay (i.e. turbo)

N64 Goldeneye Tournament
Scenario: Normal
Level: Players' choice
Game length: 5 Minutes
Characters: Players' Choice (Oddjob is banned)
Control Style: Players' Choice
Aim: Sight ON, Auto Aim OFF
Radar: ON
Victory conditions: 2 kills needed to win, Highest kill # wins match
Best out of 1

Mario Kart 64 Racing
Players: Up to 4
Match Format: 150cc difficulty setting
Courses will be chosen by random selection from the Star, Mushroom, and Flower Cups
The winner of each match will move to the next round

Super Smash Brothers 64
Singles only
3 stock, 8 minutes
Best out of 3
No Ledge Grab Limit
Stalling is prohibited
Maps:
Peach's Castle
Hyrule Temple
Saffron City
Dreamland
Congo Jungle
Order of play:
Hyrule Temple is the first map played unless players can agree on different stage
Loser announces map
Winner picks character
Loser picks character

Star Fox 64 Tournament
Game Type: Points
Victory Conditions: 2 Kills
Vehicles: Arwing and Tank
Stalling is strictly prohibited (offender will forfeit game)

If you have some more ideas for contests, let me know! And everyone give me your thoughts and input on what this night should look like, so that we can make this night as awesome as possible!

Top Bottom