• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Memphis Area Rankings and tournament thread

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
See, I'm more of a Brawl Player myself... especially since I never owned a GameCube. ...now if we whipped out a N64 lol... Anyways, I might show up one night and get killed in Melee.

Vts

Smash Champion
See, I'm more of a Brawl Player myself... especially since I never owned a GameCube. ...now if we whipped out a N64 lol... Anyways, I might show up one night and get killed in Melee.
I might show up to one of these things and lose terribly i mean i'm the worst IC player ever

well maybe better than peef maybe :D.

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
Haha don't hate! We've fixed everything except the posters, since they can't be fixed. But we have actually hit 32 registered competitors, so the tournament itself is going to be awesome, and the official rule set has been posted on the website and on the edited smashboard posts. But yeah, it's our first tournament... so cut us some slack. :psycho: We're not perfect lol.

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
So I was thinking about picking up pokemon emerald, and playing like my cannon reincarnation would. Is there a manga site so I can read how I/he would choose our pokemons.

I will also challenge anyone, but beware of my larvatar, magneton, electibuzz, and squirtle combo.
I CHALLENGE YOU!
seriously though, you are no match for my team:
Marshstomp, Aggron, Ludicolo, Skarmory, and Glalie.

WEZL

Smash Cadet
VueBrawler, we should smash sometime. I live right near Freeman Park. I'm sure you'd destroy me in Brawl, but I might be able to take you in Melee.

Edit: Also, Bun you should throw me on the bottom of the rankings list.

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
@ Iori: Unfortunately, this time all you're getting is smiles, and a big hug. lol jk. But really, there is no cash prize for this tournament. This was merely a test to see if we could get our feet off the ground and get running. We had a long discussion about whether or not to have an entry fee + cash prize.

Our reasons: We knew that there would be people who only played for money, but this event is about continuing to build a strong Super Smash Brothers community in the mid-south area. We might be incorporating cash prizes, corporate sponsors into our future events. We already have some meetings scheduled with certain businesses/organizations to discuss future possibilities (none of this is my doing... We just happen to get lucky and have friends in certain businesses and corporations).

It might be a few months until everything comes to fruition, but we are hopeful. And since we pulled 32 competitors into a half-baked tournament with only 3 weeks of prep, it could be pretty awesome! I'm excited lol :)

BUT... if you win, you get to take the bracket home... it's pretty big. You can put it on your wall and mock your friends who lost in the first round lol.

@ WEZL: Come up to the Vue sometime! I am always there lol. They have a Wii and I play here all the time. I'd love to play you. If you need my phone number or anything, then send me a PM over smashboards.

Ambix

Smash Ace
Hey guys, I want to get a smash fest going before tipped off. Anyone interested in having a get together down in southaven or memphis? Jack's house is the probable choice but we could do stuff at my house too.

winnar say's he'd drive up next weekend and spend the night.

You guys interested?

Untill I figure out who's house it's at i'll just say it's at my house all day saturday and sunday.

We'll make it up as we go.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Yeah guys let's all get together for some last minute smash practice. I wanna get sooooo gooooood before TO6 so I can beat hbox!

WEZL

Smash Cadet
I don't think I'm going to be going to the tourny, but I'd love to do some smashing. Are you talking about the 9th and 10th?

Winnar

Smash Lord
Guys we have to get so many bros together for this! I haven't seen you dudes in forever :D

Someone make sure nite can be here for it too. We have to do some super training this weekend.

Vts

Smash Champion
So since tipped off is close whats game plans for that?

Arby and VTS already dibs seats with memphis cus were ******s just gotta know what the plans for who's car and what day we leave

its just me and arby coming no one else and not bringing a TV since i figure we need the room.

BunBun

Smash Master
So for Tipped Off from Memphis, afaik:
Me
Iori
Jack
Ambix
Myztek
Arby
Vts
Shaka
Zulu
Toast (?)

If all these people come, who else is driving. If I remove all TVs, we can potentially fit 8 people in here, so that can be the plan if two people drop.

Else, it's two cars, 5 each + TVs

Vts

Smash Champion
So for Tipped Off from Memphis, afaik:
Me
Iori
Jack
Ambix
Myztek
Arby
Vts
Shaka
Zulu
Toast (?)

If all these people come, who else is driving. If I remove all TVs, we can potentially fit 8 people in here, so that can be the plan if two people drop.

Else, it's two cars, 5 each + TVs
i wanna ride with bunbun and ihsb and arby so we can have the weeaboo ****** car of interracial gankbanging

u got bunbun who is back ihsb who is asian arby who is white and vts as pico :D.

should work out

btw jack ur not paying for my tournament pay for arby's if you really feel the need to pay me back for taking u home.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
I'm not paying for Arby unless I see him make more than two (2) facial expressions over any given one (1) hour time period between now and 11:00 AM (EST) on October 16, 2010.

Ambix

Smash Ace
I'm thinking the smashfest is scrapped.

Jack, iori, and bunbun are busy so I doubt anyone else would want to come then.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
I might show up to one of these things and lose terribly i mean i'm the worst IC player ever

well maybe better than peef maybe :D.
the 2 "maybes" deter me from fighting this.

Vts

Smash Champion
the 2 "maybes" deter me from fighting this.
lol

i always pick on you cus i know u'll namesearch cus wobbles doesn't do that i have to flat out tell wobbles looks i'm joking around have a little fun and then he might post some stuff about how VTS is the worst IC main ever and only knows how to lose.

and he would be correct lol.

peef go to tipped off so me u and wobbles can complain about solo popo not being on the tier list.

Ambix

Smash Ace
wow dumb

Seriously?
Not sure yet.

Myzztek and zero seem interested but jack and iori are the best in the region and them not being there will probably deter people. The entire point of this smashfest is
to stay sharp for tipped off......and possibly to smash for longer then two hours at powerplay which is a quarter of a tank of gas away.

We'll see what happens.

Ill make phone calls.

Vonzar the Soulrender

4th Dimensional Horror
So this saturday I was thinking we should all go to lazer quest. It can be the falco practiced irl, that nite might have been using all this time.

Anyway can I get a show of hands for 9 o clock
9 o'clock am or pm?

seriously though I'll probably be busy attempting to interact with normal society at large

Edit: I wish I was going to TO6, but apparently some people have terrible timing.

Top Bottom