• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee's Revival in Brazil Results/Videos!

Aisengobay BR

Smash Apprentice
Results and Víds from Melee's Revival in Brazil!
Tournament Date (05/04/09)~

Results!

SPSL 2 - São Paulo Smash League 2!
Melee's Revival in Brazil ;)

Singles!

Aisengobay Fox
Acido Fox, Marth
Godzilla Samus, Marth
4° Hell ; Samus, Sheik
5° Quip ; Falco
5° Kris ; Falco
7° Bobesco ; Marth
7° Nandenho ; Peach
9° Leso ; Captain Falcon
9° TKN ; Fox, Marth
9° Slug~ ; Purin, Falco and Marth
9° Kazi ; Peach
Doubles!

Blood Brothers [Aisengobay + Quip] *Fox and Falco*
Floaters from HELL Mixed [Hell + Kazi] *Samus and Peach*
Banho de Sangue [Acido + Buh] *Fox and Peach*
4° Sem nome! [Leso + Nandenho] *Falcon and Peach*
5° Somos Nozes [Bobesco + Doc Luigi] *Marth and Luigi*
5° Sem nome! [Rago + Shao] *Samus and Falco*
Videos!
Winners Semi finals

Godz [Samus] vs Aisengobay [Fox] 1
Godz [Samus] vs Aisengobay [Fox] 2
Godz [Samus] vs Aisengobay [Fox] 3

Acido [Fox] vs Hell [Samus] 1
Acido [Fox] vs Hell [Samus] 2
Acido [Fox] vs Hell [Samus] 3

Losers Bracket!

Quip [Falco] vs Hell [Samus] 1
Quip [Falco] vs Hell [Samus] 2
Quip [Falco] vs Hell [Samus] 3

Losers Semi finals

Godz [Samus] vs Hell [Sheik] 1
Godz [Samus] vs Hell [Samus] 2
Godz [Samus] vs Hell [Samus] 3

Winners Finals

Aisengobay [Fox] vs Acido [Fox] 1 Winners Finals
Aisengobay [Fox] vs Acido [Fox] 2 Winners Finals
Aisengobay [Fox] vs Acido [Marth] 3 Winners Finals

Losers Finals

Acido [Fox] vs Godz [Samus] 1 Losers Finals
Acido [Fox] vs Godz [Samus] 2 Losers Finals
Acido [Fox] vs Godz [Marth] 3 Losers Finals

Grand Finals

Grand Finals Aisengobay [Fox] vs Acido [Fox] 2.1
Grand Finals Aisengobay [Fox] vs Acido [Fox] 2.2
Grand Finals Aisengobay [Fox] vs Acido [Fox] 2.3
Grand Finals Aisengobay [Fox] vs Acido [Fox] 2.4

Thanks!
1hotsmash~

Slinky

Smash Journeyman
Honestly that was pathetic and very average.
Overral rating 4/10.

jugfingers

Smash Champion
I jus watched grandfinals, I think your judgement is a little distorted slinky. there not as good as players in america, but it looked like they had there own style, I saw some pretty creative stuff.

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
I just watched some of the other matches,

anyone want to see the most **** combo ever watch quip vs hell 1

0:15-0:17
wow! lol, he Bairs, L-cancels while his opponent pauses and Fsmashes lmao. that was pretty awesome.

Don't mind slinky, his posts are honestly pathetic and very average. 4/10. Has nothing better to do besides trolling video forums and posting his 1-10 scale ratings.

I thought the videos were good.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
I dont think its trolling as much as blunt honesty. It just looks like Brazil's metagame is behind America's.

Keep the Melee love though!!

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
Calling someones videos pathetic and very average and giving it a 4/10 without any sort of critique or comment is as trolling as making a post saying "brawl sucks". "Pathetic" is not critique, it's just insulting.

To be fair the metagame for melee is way behind in most places in the world, because the US obviously has a way larger player base. Having said that, these guys obviously know what the game is about and they arent bad players.

Good work brazil.

Aisengobay BR

Smash Apprentice
Thanks all coments!

Next championship where we will relive the Melee, will be at Rio de Janeiro!
It will be just at June!

Afo

Smash Apprentice
I like Godz samus's style, currently watching more of the vids, I've seen some great stuff...

Of course every other place is behind as far as metagame goes in comparison to the U.S, you have a much bigger player base and a much larger and ogranized competitive community...

Saludos desde Costa Rica.. Pura Vida Brazil !!!

PB&J

Smash Hero
afo i disagree with u..metagame mean nothing when ur smart at the game.. an juan diego aka dark crono from venezeula is a beast at this game and will destroy alot of people in america..i know because he did already..but these vids just looks like they lack exp thats all..

Ballistics

Smash Champion
Lol is Acido like LSD acid or just the regular acid? Either way still cool.

in Grand Finals Aisengobay [Fox] vs Acido [Fox] 2.2, Acido, exactly 30 seconds into the video, you do an air dodge. I think this is because you meant to do an L or a R-cancel but instead you ended up doing a ledge cancel which doesn't require a manual cancel.

If instead you used Z to cancel your aerials on platforms, when you accidentally ledge cancel, you will do an immediate aerial instead of an immediate air dodge. In my opinion the airdodge leaves you more vulnerable. Im glad I saw this example because I've been trying to rep platform z cancelling.

in Acido [Fox] vs Godz [Samus] 1 Losers Finals, awesome technical fox Acido. Love the short hop double laser and shining the missles, especially out of shield.

Good stuff to Aisen for winning (How do you pronounce that tag by the way?). Brazil is looking good.

7/10

Afo

Smash Apprentice
@PB&J: I was speaking in general terms, since the average melee player (competitive player that is) is much better in the US than in other countrys. Of course this doesn't mean a player in another country can´t excel at the game, it's just harder for it to happen due to a lack of tourney experience.

I personally know a few players here in Costa Rica that I would love to see perform in a U.S. tournament. Maybe I'll upload vids some time soon

PB&J

Smash Hero
oh..i want to see some costa rica vids...i want all the best player fom every country to go to genesis..spread the news

Afo

Smash Apprentice
Yo afo Ima hit you up next time Im in costa rica
By all means do, I'd love to play anyone from the US, or any other country for that matter, and I'm sure the few good players we have would as well, do you come here often??

I don't know about getting our best player to Genesis, tickets and hotel are very expensive for us (exchange rates are a *****) . I've been away from the boards for some time (I mostly lurk though), when and where is it?, I'll definetly let the people know about it though, who knows someone might end up being able to go.

Zephynazo

Zobaia -Deus- Ariana
Kizzu is retired and, as Walk is his brother, he is probably retired too

I am from Brazil, but i couldn't attend this championship :[
That's too bad ;_; I really liked the way they played.

TheMike

Smash Lord
yeah, that's really bad, but they want.........

kizzu continue visiting the brazilian foruns, maybe some day, he returned playing smash

Afo

Smash Apprentice
Alajuela is pretty close to me, about a 20 min drive... in any case CR is a small country so it shouldn't be hard to meet if you get here... And yes its paradise down here, can't complain

Blea Gelo

Smash Lord
k slinky i hate ur comment man.. seriusly..

I mean, this guys has even less people than what we do in venezuela.. We, latins, dont have the same amount of people u have in north america man, so its harder for us to get better.. dont say stuff like that..

Im gonna live in usa soon, and i think im going to Genesis.. I would love to mm u, so i can shut u up

PB&J

Smash Hero
its not worth money matching him..i think his commetns are just funny..dubm of course,,but just laugh at it dont let it get to u

ToastMAN

Smash Journeyman
maybe hes a racist? ever think of that ....

anywho maybe if he was serious i can understand why he would say that

listen b4 u throw arrows too lol

besides the samus matches, which I thot were legit (Godz looked like the best player there) I saw some others and they looked rather ... sloppy? maybe im not used to styles or something but yeah these **** americans are still leagues better

and when i say americans im talking about people like the top TOP pros

these kids can hold there own against other players down here

Boricua

Top Bottom