• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee Tournament in Rocky Mount, NC 1/3/09

Malk

Smash Champion
frames the tourney isn't over yet
they are still in the 32 man bracket

L2stfu!

edit: goodnight bby :*

uber_n00b

Smash Journeyman
Frames, soul got knocked out but it was garbage, in one of his matches he got fantastic on everything but hit one mine, and the guy he was going against got 3 excellent but still ended up beating him

(will reply about the actual tourney later maybe)

Frames

DI
i would ask a million questions but this is a smash board not a ddr one, if anyone feels like going into detail about the ddr/itg portion (especially about what happened to all my FL peepz) then i would appreciate it but otherwise i can wait

also does fepj play smash!? if so get him on here and have him gimme some results LOL

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
Fepj, Nick, and I were supposed to be running the tournaments.

I've been basically in charge of everything with Nick, Dukamok, Soul, and EvilDave and a few others helping plenty. James/Pac! ran Melee for me, which I was extremely grateful for.

DDR/ITG for those interested:

Malk is correct: Both divisions had around 90 entrants and we spent about 12 hours the day prior doing qualfiers and tie breakers. We finished seeding at around 12:30 and ran the brackets straight from then until 11:30 that night. We are finally down to the 32 man bracket. We got a little way into those so there is something like 24 left in either division. Chris (Soul of Ignorance) has been staying with me and lost to EvilDave in ITG, and won his first match in losers. I don't remember how he is doing in DDR but I know he's still in. Hudson (Kaze) is still in as well, but I think he's in the loser's bracket in both.

Uber_Noob: The Soul/Dave quad with a mine situation isn't quite that simple but has been adjusted to an agreement between both players.

Results for Smash:

Singles - Tope, Cyrain, TC
Tope/Cyrain won teams as well, and I know XIF and his partner placed. Can't remember the other team right now.

The Catfish was bottom tier today. What a scrub.

GofG

Smash Champion
On second thought it is a good thing that Vilt and Behr did not come, do to space constrictions. >.<

BEHR

Smash Hero
Lulz at Snarf.

Not a bro Move there.

Your Lucky im a chill spec.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
LoZR not in top 3??? Madness!

Too good OOS though...and TC lol. Why haven't I played that bro yet btw?

I know LOZR was tired, but STILL.

BEHR doin real talk, oh junk!

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
Cyrain went to wooooorrrrkkk...

Clarification since y'all wouldn't know anyway:
Tope/Cyrain split because Cyrain didn't want to play it out after Losers Finals [Cyrain against TC]
TC got 3rd as noted before, and SAVEEEEDDDDGGGEEEEEE got 4th [I'm gonna say XIF and lozr got 5th?]
don't remember the rest, but I tied for 9th...

also with teams, yeah, Cyrain and Tope won...I think XIF and his teammate got 2nd and Lozr/TC got 3rd?

twas fun as **** dudes =D!!!

YAYUHHHHZ @ Jawsh

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
I got owned.

I can blame 10 hour trip from FL to GA, and then driving through the night from GA to NC, with about 5 hours sleep for 3 days.

But I wont.

Tope and I had a good set, and I felt like I played very well, but still lost.

GGs.

I definitely didn't feel like I played my best vs Savedge, but that's what happens sometimes. Great marth player, and even if I felt like I dropped the ball, it was good stuff.

Lozr: don't worry, i'm going to assume next time we play you'll activate beast mode.

thanks darksyde for the tournament, it was alot of fun, and the hibachi place was great.

I think I left my cube there, i'm not too concerned about it, but if anyone can bring it to Tipped Off 4, that'd be cool.

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think my set with XIF was recorded.

Good games to everyone I played, especially to some of those newer players.

Good tournament, I had fun.

Until next time remember,
I take all the monies <3 :)

Poehlcat

Smash Apprentice
Xif/Savedge was recorded as well and it's a very good set. And Cyrain/T.C might have been recorded too? Not sure about that one.

SampsUn

Smash Rookie
I think my set with XIF was recorded.

Good games to everyone I played, especially to some of those newer players.

Good tournament, I had fun.

Until next time remember,
I take all the monies <3 :)
Good game to you too, Tope.

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
Thank you guys so so much for coming.

We just finished the dance game portion of the tournament about 3 hours ago. I've been in Putters for around 35 hours this weekend. I'm very sorry I wasn't in the room nearly as often as I wanted to be. Anyone there could tell that I was EXTREMELY busy. James to the rescue for things running so smoothly.

Tope takes all the monies, but remember, he has to split with his beard.

XIF: I found your gamecube with two memory cards. I'll try to get it to someone who might see you in the near future. Thanks again for coming so so far.

Everybody, much love.

Sengin

Smash Ace
I miss ITG. <3 Driven Intense.

Also, I saw a couple matches on youtube. Nice matches. There should be more tournies is Western NC. For example, the one on the 24th in Boone.

Top Bottom