• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee/PM: GameClucks (Washington): August 3rd!

GhettoSheep

Smash Journeyman
I only started getting into competitive smash when brawl was released, but I played ssb64 since it came out. After playing brawl I can honestly say, if there were enough melee tournaments for me to actually get good at it, I would drop brawl completely. I can already tell brawl isn't going to be as deep as melee is and I'm really disappointed.

But unfortunately all the tournaments are mostly brawl and there just isn't a big enough melee scene anymore. Especially when all my friends play brawl too :(

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
I love Washington, I wish Oregon would see that brawl sucks. I gotta hold a melee only tournament this summer we can get together and have dirty melee sex.

Eggz

Smash Hero
i might be housing you mike haha
no lol you already hang otu with socal at all times.

let me and otto house.

I'm going to introduce everyone to Hungry Boxing this weekend, and if we get enough people into it, we'll have a tournament.

If you've ever played taps, its a variant of that me, colbol, and hungrybox modified.

Its 2v2 and theres some advanced techniques. Its really deep, gotta plan hella moves ahead every time.

Eggz

Smash Hero
so i basically gave up on school cuz im geisha

so i anyone wants to come over and smash, play chess, watch tom hanks movies, learn hungryboxing, eat food, or watch spongebob, feel free to mosey on over.

Eggz

Smash Hero
thank you gimpyfish62

i'll do my best to obey the rules from now on

i lost to these guys
:jigglypuff:
:pikachu2:

actually, its a brawl/melee tournament at SFU

so everyone should go

DJ Combo

Smash Lord
Otto is gonna be the world champion of 12 hour rap battles one day.

Edit: We now know that pokemon eat Breakfast very efficiently lol.

Help!

Smash Journeyman
Maybe on SFU and I don't know if i can actually join the melee tourney cause I lost my debit card so I don't know if i'll actually have the money for it. But if I do I'll join.

BladeWise

Smash Lord
I think that there is an Oregon tournament on the 21st too. I'm probably gonna go to that instead.

btw giving up on school is ********. I just graduated from Highline Community College and I'm going to attend WWU aka DanLand.
School is easy.

No johns.

Snake's On A Plane

Smash Cadet
I know there's alot of brawl hate in the thread, but I actually still enjoy playing the game and was wondering if anyone wanted to play online tonight?

Jus pm me your brawl code, mine's visible in my profile.

DJ Combo

Smash Lord
Lol nice Gimpy.

Yea you guys should get your diplomas at least.

And Teddy, its not that school isn't easy, its that its so easy/monotonous, its unbearably boring.

ZelgadisA027123

Smash Cadet
Ah ****, GC came up too fast this time. I'm going to be moving into my apartment in the U District soon, but I'll be down in Vancouver this weekend.

I'll definitely come next month, and bring sum guilty gearz. The UW crew is going to be entering melee tournaments from now on, so hopefully that will be an incentive for people to join in and get better. We've learned some pretty cool tricks - there's like this thing called like wavedarshing? Idk Vish has been talking about it.

It's not official, but we're probably like the best smashers in WA, so only join the melee tournament if you're looking to get beat

DJ Combo

Smash Lord
Shane I said I did... unless that means no.

He lost to Chad, whos i s apika I've also lost to, and Hungrybox or something, who I've heard of somewhere before

Eggz

Smash Hero
So ColBol wants to and is going to come to washington in august. We need to get a bunch of people coming and put together dan 3 or something.

Eggz

Smash Hero
colin ballin (outta control)

apparently the certainty he expressed was in sarcasm, although its reasonable that i was unable to deduct as much.
he was like

i just asked my parents and they said yes =D

>_>

but if he finds someone to go with he will come lol

ThePrime

Smash Lord
k i dont think uw smash people will be going to this one. Vish apparently is in vegas, jesse (zel) is moving in to his apartment, toph will be in hawaii, and the rest of us are kind of meh about it lol. We'll all come to the next one for sure though.

ppa0

Smash Journeyman
Just curious, are you guys doing melee tourney too, and if so are you doing melee tourney first or after brawl?

GameClucks

Smash Journeyman
WE NEED Wii'S!!!!
Bring Wii's to GC
Bring Wii's to GC

If we have Melee it would be after Brawl (sort of during, but not starting until we were well on the way to completion of Brawl 1v1s)

Also, cant just do Melee... there are people that come just for Brawl that do not read Smashboards... There is suppose to be (prob wont show, but said they would) 5 or 6 people that I know dont read smashboards that are coming for Brawl.

I have no problem dedicating more time to Melee, but lets face it 30++ entries to Brawl 1v1 vs 8 entries to Melee 1v1...Like it or not, Brawl now makes the tournaments...

Top Bottom