• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee/PM: GameClucks (Washington): August 3rd!

Chip.

you know what to do
I didnt say your Y.Link was bad. Just running around every platform boomeranging and throwing a fair wont win a match. Will only irritate your opponent and keep the match close, but not enough to win.
I know how to play young Link, you don't lol. I do spam quite a bit, and I'm trying to reduce the amount I do, but if it's not enough to win any matches, then how am I on the PR :ohwell: ?

I really don't see the logic in that statement.

I could beat you and Chip with a character that isnt Falco also?
Just sayin'. Getting my **** out now since I'm done.
Keep ****** and stuff Combo Status >_>
Ok, then MM with any other charachter other than Falco 5$... oh wait you quit, whatever then

Jem, what's your problem? Why are you even insulting my style with young Link in the first place? Is it something you have against me =/ ? I hope not cuz I actually thought you were pretty cool.

TrueJamo

Smash Apprentice
I dont have anything against you, or your style.
I'm JUST saying, that only keeps you in a match. I'm not trying to brag, but I've beaten Deva like, past 5 GC's, and I will never lose a set to him or you.

-Jem on Jamo's account

TrueJamo

Smash Apprentice
It's the only thing you can do online. Play, win, level and rank up.

I'm a 44 in Team Slayer. And I'm looking for a 2v2 partner for MLG to try and win Tourneyplays Winter League and Halo 3 costume party for $500. If you win winter league, they pay for your food, lodging, tournament fee, airplane, and give you a few hundred dollars for an MLG tournament of your choice.

-Jem

And the one MLG Halo 2 tournament I went to at GC before I came back to smash, Me and my two friends lost to the second best team in Washington 50-48 in the third and final game of the set. Pretty impressive since my two teammates dont even practice MLG, and they choked while I *****. But, no johns.

Likely actually xD
Nate's Ylink can beat my characters enough to convince me, not to mention he lamost had plank in that mm, when 50$ was on the line.

Eggz

Smash Hero
Stop underrating Nate's YL?
Falco is terrible. Especially when someone good is playing one.
Why wouldn't I underrate Nate's YL? It's his low tier tertiary I didn't even know he put time into.

Falco isn't terrible. Being gimpable is countered a little by the best onstage gameplay in the game. Ridiculous ledgeguarding and the best comboing and approach in the game =/= terrible.

Not to mention falco destroys the crap out of YL lol.

Touk

Smash Journeyman
I thought the point was to win. Be it with peach, falco, young link, boozer, etc. I'd rather be annoying and winning than to be cool and losing. I actually do not get what the hell jem is exactly complaining about.

TheCatPhysician

Smash Ace
new plan: my family is coming on the 13th at night, which is too late for the tourney. i can probably change my ticket though, if anyone can pick me up in seattle sometime around morning or noon on the 13th.

and also somewhere to stay until about 11 pm when my parents get in, if the tourney doesn't last that long.

Jem.

Smash Master
I didnt quit cause of that.. I quit because the game isnt fun to me anymore, and is too imbalanced imo. That's just a frustration factor.
And no, I tried. But it's hard to win as Falco. Why did you quit being Falco? Pretty sure a few people have bailed on him for marth because of imba. It's like UD Wc3 all over again.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
Smash is probably one of the least imbalanced fighting games EVER. Also, no effing character johns. I play Ness, you wanna talk hard to win with...

numberonenacho

Smash Lord
yeah man, its like your playing kirby or something, its falco dude. making him sounds HELLA bad. >.>
and i only started adv. techs like a year ago. yay.

most everyone has played it since it came out.

Chip.

you know what to do
I dont have anything against you, or your style.
I'm JUST saying, that only keeps you in a match. I'm not trying to brag, but I've beaten Deva like, past 5 GC's, and I will never lose a set to him or you.
Phew, that's a relief :) we're still cool then.

Anyway though, keeping yourself close in a match is a good thing amirite? Falco has the advantage over young Link obviously which is why OUR matches are still very close; you make it sound like my young Link's style can't win period - a pretty general and lame statement imo =P

Yes, you are good Jem and you are correct that Deva has prolly never beaten you at all in tournaments, but it's going off on a limb to say Deva and I wouldn't ever beat you ever; I imagine we will prolly get better over time XP. But this not being the case, I don't think it even matters anymore anymore since you quit.

@Nate- YL $5 MM? If your young Link is as good as Otto says it to be, I'll look foreward to this one =)

DJ Combo

Smash Lord
My YL is boss =).

I don't actually think Falco is bad, I do think I'd beat Jem though, and I don't feel I'm underrating him I think he is pretty **** good after watching him @ SCC. I just don't assume I'm going to lose any match because then its already over ;p. And he was being a douche when saying he will never lose to chip or deva after saying he quit... unless it was a sarcastic joke because he doesn't plan to comepete ever again.

Top Bottom