• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee/PM: GameClucks (Washington): August 3rd!

Jem.

Smash Master
I called you Red from Shanes phone a couple times yesterday before they all went to the smashfest cause I lost a best of 5 set in game 5 and had to call you and ask if you were going to GC. But you didnt answer twice.

Jarc

Smash Lord
TO THE CORNFIELD... BYAAAH!!!!!! (Montreal, Canada
The games that are on the WCG list are there because the developpers payed a large ammount of money to get it up there. If the guys that made Minesweeper decided to dish out a few millions, then you'd see Minesweeper at the WCGs.

On topic (?) : FF6, FFT then FF7 is my order.

Also, Legend of Dragoon ....... you mean that game where the guy just yells HARPOOOOOOOOON and VOLCANOOOOOO all the time? >_>

And yeah, while I'll be in Seattle I might need someone to hook me up with some special grass. We could hotbox my hotel room shower or something ~

DJ Combo

Smash Lord
I believe its gotten to the same point DBZ got to when it comes to FF7...

So many people try to hate on such a great game because everyoneelse likes it... but now you are just on the bandwagon when you say you dont think its good.

FF6 is NOT the best. I even said something.

ThePrime

Smash Lord
Nal_ra and Xellos ftw in starcarft btw. Thats amazing that you got 6th Jarc, we should play sometime when my disk stops being stubborn, you'll probably beat me though.

As for warcraft, Grubby/moon - who doesnt like them lol? FoV and Sweet are still my favorite players.

And i think it was a huge mistake taking halo 2 off the game list, it was only one their list for one year -_- but it was 2v2. Its so cool that its in Seattle this year, i would want to go for sure but im sure tickets are sold out already and probably pretty expensive.

I may not be able to come to gameclucks this time which sucks, but we'll see.

Jem.

Smash Master
FF7 isn't a great game imo, it isnt even really good imo. You can't scold someone for voicing their opinion. It is possible to not like FF7, believe it or not.

Grubby is a baller haha. He is too good at Wc3.
Lil Poison is a **** talking ****er in Halo 2. I stuck him and he was like KIIIIIIIIID THAT IS THE LUCKIEST STICK YOU'LL EVER GET. Walshy and Karma as good too.

Red - Nope, I didnt call today. I didnt hang out with everyone who went to the Smashfest.

ThePrime

Smash Lord
I like ff7 and ff10. ff7's story is actually pretty interesting, and ff10 had some sweet boss fights, pretty epic.

But anyways, yeah, so does gameclucks always do the 2v2 first before the singles tournament? Ive only been there once, i dont know if this their regular schedule? If they do the 1v1 after teams like they did last time i might be able to come.

Jem.

Smash Master
ToS has the best gameplay of all those. It's tacky character development and storyline is what has it lower I am guessing.

Yeah I used to watch Grubby's replays too. >=].
Back in my prime, my APM was 90 or something? That is when I took Wc3 seriously.

I reactivated my WoW account and am going to join a guild that wants me for Khara as a main tank, then go fury and **** Arena and try to finish season 2 strong >_> Doubt at this point I could make it isnt the top .5 percentile of my server and qualify though midway through Season 2.

ThePrime

Smash Lord
My apm was around 120+, but Jem you should know apm doesnt matter too much ^^.

Anyone willing to drive out to Maple Valley for a smashfest sometime in the near future?

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
therealritz (9:03:18 PM): I'll cover you 20 bucks for gas.
therealritz (9:03:30 PM): If you take a van and bring Jem/Jamie and Emo$
eggz2021 (8:55:20 PM): woah
eggz2021 (8:55:22 PM): awesom
eeggz2021 (8:55:26 PM): PM Nate
eggz2021 (8:55:32 PM): telling him that
eggz2021 (8:55:43 PM): I can't wait for the tourney
eggz2021 (8:55:51 PM): it seems like it'll be ran well

Jem.

Smash Master
Wikipedia, you're confused, Jamo can't go even if he's not driver.
And now I can't go, because I made plans cause I assumed I wasn't going.

I appreciate your bribery towards Eggz though.

Eggz

Smash Hero
I said we weren't taking a van because it was more expensive gas wise (i was assuming thats why Nate didn't want to), and Duke offered to give us gas mooney. I appreciate the bribery as well.

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
I'm not confused, I just said if you can Emo$ and Jem or, by some miracle, Jamie then I will give you $20 for gas. That's fine, though, if you want to call it bribery and not a favor, I don't have to do it.

ThePrime

Smash Lord
ah falco&victory, i havent seen you at any event this whole summer? But maybe im putting the wrong names to the faces? Parent johns? (looks for kLB lol)

Eggz

Smash Hero
I'm not confused, I just said if you can Emo$ and Jem or, by some miracle, Jamie then I will give you $20 for gas. That's fine, though, if you want to call it bribery and not a favor, I don't have to do it.
I was explaining to Jem, not you. I was sarcastic about calling it bribery, I'm aware that its just a generous act.

Jem.

Smash Master
Oh, I know. But you were initially thinking/saying Ammon and you would fill up the Van, so I decided to make plans. Sorry? >_>
You can still give them $20 if Emo$ wants to go.

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
PAX...lol...
Is 3-stocking all 3 or 4 tourny players I played at PAX good enough:p I've gotten much better since then too

The best thing in the world happened on jungle japes during teams. We were playing friendlies, so I was using Mario or someone with a Fox on my team against a jigglypuff and bowser. The person playing jiggly rested at the wrong moment, so he killed the bowser then found his death in the rapids.

You shouldn't be losing a stock to anyone there if you're trying at all.
PAX is full of people that don't know how to play the game.

artifice

Smash Ace
we gana have time for a crewbatle at this GC? i think easterns looking good for taking a car.

housing?? well need proly 2 nights? (maybe1) (3-5people not sure yet)

Jem.

Smash Master
Well, the better question is where do you post.. Cause I've seen you post only once or twice, and I'm around the Melee Boards, Falco, and here.

Anyways, I forgot, were you wanting to do PR Pools one more time, or were we doing a bonus tournament or crews after singles?

DJ Combo

Smash Lord
I think were doing a Ditto Tourney. There will be a set character per round in the tourney that will be chosen at random from these 10 chars. ICs and Jiggs arent being used for obvious reasons. I decided this list on my own but I came up with the idea so =P.

Marth
Fox
Sheik
Falco
Peach
C. Falcon
Dr. Mario
Luigi
Ganondorf
Mario

Edit: I stayed away from the low tiers because low tier dittos are less "competetive" when it comes to how well they **** themselves. I considered Roy DK YL and Link but I think 10 chars is plenty seeing as there will only be like 4 rounds.

So the finals will be a set character? And could possibly make it one sided?
You should just wait until one person randoms one of the eligable characters. Just play rock paper scissors for who gets to random it, or toss a coin.

Top Bottom