• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee/PM: GameClucks (Washington): August 3rd!

BladeWise

Smash Lord
how much of DMC3 have you completed, Shane?
I finally completed Dante Must Die Mode the other day.

btw, I'll probably be able to go to your smashfest tomorrow, Nate.

Jem.

Smash Master
Lawlz @ Shane getting into DMC 3 Special Edition once I gave it to him XD.
That game is pretty ****in' tight teddy. Trickster Rebellion/Bahamut Gauntlets thing pistols rockets combo ftw.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
I was thinking about getting ToA, but I was wary after Tales of Legendia sucked the mightiest donkey balls of all time. Also, Gimpy, say hi to California for me, I used to live there. Not to the smashers, I didn't start smashing seriously til I got up here, just to California itself.

Edit: Now that I think about it, that's kinda weird. I live in Cali, then I come to Washington, and THEN I become serious about Smash bros. Almost doesn't make sense. I blame Gimpy.

Jem.

Smash Master
TOTA is my ALL TIME favorite RPG. It has such replay value. The game on average is 50-60 hours, and you have to beat it atleast once to get the hardest diffculty (Or 2 times, forget) and atleast twice to get everything. It's up to 4 players, action RPG (Seen Tales of Symphonia? Imagine that, but 100x better with a better camera angle) I'm pretty strict on rpg's, because I am such a competitive person and usually only play a game that has tournament purposes (SSBM, Halo 2, WoW, Warcraft 3, ect) but TOTA went to heart.

BladeWise

Smash Lord
I am about 4 hours into TotA. It's really good. I like Symphonia better though. ps2 graphics/loading time kinda suck, plus the world map is quite bland. Maybe I'll like it more as I get more into it. As I said, it is really good though.

smash-related: I cant wait for teams at next GC. I'm probably gonna have to call in sick for work that day though. I forgot to request it off.

Jumpfreak

Smash Lord
smash-related: I cant wait for teams at next GC. I'm probably gonna have to call in sick for work that day though. I forgot to request it off.
Yeayuzz! Lets **** some *****es. :laugh:

EDIT: So are you guys actually coming over next Tues?...cuz' that'd be cool. Teddy, you should really come too, we need *team* practice.

Jem.

Smash Master
TOTA Related - Only 4 hours? Keep playing. I don't see how Symphonia is better than Abyss in any aspect >_>. I have beaten Symphonia with friends 4 times as well.

The loading times ARENT that bad, no QQing. If you play on a Ps3 there are no loading times if it bugs you that much. Abyss has better.. Multiplayer (Camera angle 1000x better) Storyline, Character Development, Music, Gameplay.

Help!

Smash Journeyman
Best RPG ever has to be Final Fantasy VII then probably like Chrono Trigger. Mario RPG and Super Paper Mario 2 was good too. But I like how this Thread has officially turned into the TOTA/ Best RPG ever thread. lol.

Jem.

Smash Master
I would. The hype surrounding it is so.. so. Cloud Sephiroth Yuffie Tifa Aeris Baret? Cool.. >_>
TOTA is the best RPG ever though. I can't even play Turn-Based RPG's anymore because of how awesome Tales of Symphonia and Tales of the Abyss are :p

Jarc

Smash Lord
TO THE CORNFIELD... BYAAAH!!!!!! (Montreal, Canada
Hey guys, I'll be in Seattle between September 30th and October 8th. Are there any chances of the next tourney beeing around that time? Also, is this where most of the Seattle smashers post? I tried a search and didn't really find much, except that Seattle-Smash website.

I'll be down for some friendlies, too. Dunno if my hotels TV will be gamecube friendly (usually they're not ~) and I'll be getting around via public transportation... so I'll need you guys to help me out and tell me how to get around and such.

And if you're just wondering, I'll be in Seattle for the WCG Grand Finals, so some days I won't be available since I have that to attend (dunno yet which dates, will find out asap). Feel free to add me on msn or aim.

Jem.

Smash Master
Woah, you made the Warcraft Card Game Finals? Nice. I was trying to make it into the Arena Tournament, but my arena team wasnt ranked high enough to be able to participate. Dont you get a good amount for winning that, like 25,000?

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
FF7 is so ****ing overrated. FF9 is better than FF7.
Legend of Dragoon > FF7
QFT.

FF7 is still a good game, but its waaayyy overrated. FF9 is so much better.

Jarc

Smash Lord
WCG = World Cyber Games.

It's pretty much the Olympics of video games, there's a qualifier in each country and the top 1, 2 or 3 players (depending on sponsoring money) from that country go to the grand finals.

I, myself, finished 6th in Starcraft, hence didn't qualify, but I got a job at the grand finals as a referee, so I'll get free hotel, free food and other stuff ~

Edit : www.worldcybergames.com for game list, in case some of you might wanna come and watch a few matches.

Jem.

Smash Master
How is Grubby doing in Warcraft 3? He is a cool guy.

Grand Finals in Qwest Field = <3. I love it there.

EDIT: Nevermind, WoW Arena season 2 is still going, checked the games section on that site.

Jem.

Smash Master
Oh. Darn. I don't know Starcraft pros >=[. I only know Halo 2, WoW, and Warcraft 3 pros.
Well, good job getting 6th in the qualifying round. That's still good.

Isn't Madden 08 being played at Qwest Field for WCG? I need to pick up a 360 and Madden 08 fast.. I was a beast @ 07.

Jarc

Smash Lord
Copypasta :

Official Games
->PC - 8 games

WarCraft III : The Frozen Throne (1v1)
StarCraft : Brood War (1v1)
Half-Life : Counter-Strike (5v5)
FIFA Soccer 2007 (1v1)
Need for Speed Carbon (1v1)
Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars (1v1)
Age of Empires III: The WarChiefs (1v1)
Carom3D (1v1)

->Console - 4 games

Gears of War (4v4)
Dead or Alive 4 (1v1)
Project Gotham Racing 3 (1v1)
Tony Hawks Project 8 (1v1)

All games will be played through Oct.3~7 at Qwest Field.

artifice

Smash Ace
I wont be visiting this thread untell the ff7 hate ENDS! >_< ! when people taslk about 'the best game ever' its often brought up for good reason. over rated is your progative, ff9 nothing special i think too.

thats like saying starcraft is overrated, now lets not even go thur!

breath of fire was pridy good, but allways crashed on my emulator sad face...

RedYoshi92

Smash Lord
Just wanted to let you guys know that I was prank called by Gimpy And Ka.It was so ****ing entertaining.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
I have to agree with Jem and Gimpy there. Chrono Trigger, Super Mario RPG, Legend of Dragoon, and Xenogears all best FF7 in terms of best RPG ever. Plus there's probably a couple more I'm not thinking of. Also, FF6 was the best FF ever, don't even argue, and Art, stop being a fanboy/fangirl(your peach avatar confuses me), nobody is hating on FF7, we're just saying it's not the best.

Also, I am quite perturbed that Super Smash Bros Melee is not one of the games on the WCG list. *tsk* *tsk* *tsk*

Top Bottom