• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee/PM: GameClucks (Washington): August 3rd!

Luigi Ka-master

Smash Lord
How were the rules? And was Nate there? And..uhh..was it hot and did you have to stand around a lot?

anyways...dangit Otto, you got me arguing with some dumb guy on the melee discussions >_<

..<_<

DJ Combo

Smash Lord
I decided not to go because I figured it'd be dumb, which according to Otto it was.

I'm holding a smashfest soon and EVERYONE needs to at least try to make it.

How were the rules? And was Nate there? And..uhh..was it hot and did you have to stand around a lot?

anyways...dangit Otto, you got me arguing with some dumb guy on the melee discussions >_<

..<_<
Rules were bad, but me and Dan played 3/5 GC rules in the finals. It wasn't hot.
No items though. Venom, Japes, and past Yoshi's were ********. >.>

EDIT:
In Super Smash Bros. Brawl: The Subspace Emissary, it’s rumored that there will be boss appearances.
Can't wait to use AR to play as bosses lol.

Help!

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys I'm new to the forum and I havnt joined too many tourneys before and was planning on joining the next gameclucks tourney. I was just wondering what it meant when it said
Bracket Ranking
ranking will be RANDOM drawing.
Oh yea who won pax too?

DJ Combo

Smash Lord
It means Seeding is random, as in who plays who, but he does it regional too I think... the program is weird sometimes.

Silent Wolf won pax lol, read the last 8 posts before asking questions xD.

Help!

Smash Journeyman
Oh lol I was looking for that. Some how skipped over it I guess. How big is this tourney usually and how good do the people tend to be because I really dont want to get out of the tourney in the first two rounds to people just as good as like eggz and silent wolf O_o.

There will probably be anywhere from 20-40 players there. A lot of players are good, but don't feel unmotivated, we all started somewhere.

Help!

Smash Journeyman
Sorry for asking so many questions, but is the format like freeplay/registration, 1v1, 2v2, Bonus tourney, and then free play again and how long does it usually last for?

Jumpfreak

Smash Lord
Thanks.

PAX is STILL the worst tourney ever though. Some tv's were so laggy that the faster we (otto and I) played, the slower they became. They literally couldn't keep up and by the end of the match it was like we were playing on super slow motion mode. xD

Anybody up for smash on mon/tues?

Jumpfreak

Smash Lord
Basically a point is worth a dollar. (less tax)

Otto = 250 points. He chose to get a Wii.

Me = 150 points. I got a DS bundle w/ Brainage.

Only 1st and 2nd paid out. We made the tourney organizer put Otto and myself at opposite ends of the bracket. xD

Eggz

Smash Hero
Thanks.

PAX is STILL the worst tourney ever though. Some tv's were so laggy that the faster we (otto and I) played, the slower they became. They literally couldn't keep up and by the end of the match it was like we were playing on super slow motion mode. xD

Anybody up for smash on mon/tues?
I am. =D =D =D /ten

BladeWise

Smash Lord
dammit. I should've gone. I dont have a Wii or a DS. Downsmashes are probably even more awesome on laggy TV's. =P
haha oh well.

it's funny how we have a smasher in our community named "Help!"

Help!

Smash Journeyman
Lol I decided to use it as my name for Super Smash. It's the best name I could think of and like. Also when my friend an I do teams he uses the name Send. So were team Send For Help! heh if you couldnt picture it when were in the match you just see the words send help running around.

Are any of you guys going to be at the next tourney?

Luigi Ka-master

Smash Lord
Lol, dang Nate, you really seem to want a fat turn-out at this smashfest of yours.

...I don't see why, I mean it's not like you're going to a major tourney anytime soon or somethin'...

wait.

Help!

Smash Journeyman
Maybe some other time. I work that day and pretty sure my other two friends work that day too. Otherwise I would make an attempt to go. but all you guys go to gc huh im probably going to get knocked out in the first two rounds, Ive seen some videos of you guys on youtube and such and you guys are crazy at this game.

And I have another question to ask. You guys were talking about laggy T.V's I was wondering what makes them laggy or not laggy cause i think one of my tv's might be laggy cause when we played at our local ebgames it seemed that we played way faster then we usually do. they have like flat screen probably hd tv's pretty sure it uses lcd to but not positive.

Jumpfreak

Smash Lord
its all about hi def tv's and lcd tv's.

Smash runs on a 480i resolution, so it needs to play on a tv WITH that native resolution.

Almost all newer 'good' tv's run in 720 or 1080i. Just make sure that the TV's are standard definition (sdtv).

DJ Combo

Smash Lord
Mike Change your sig.

Dan, Otto tells me stories of you being hilarious.

People can start showing up @ 3 o clock...

If you need my address call me. (206) 595-3553

I work at like 4 Wednesday so plan to get a ride home before 2.

Jumpfreak

Smash Lord
I thought it was great when Otto was playing in the semi finals and there was a huge crowd taking it all seriously. I said, 'Lets go Otto!'

He replied, calmly and assertively, 'My NAME, is Eric!'

:p

Of course, for those of you who don't know, Otto had to 'take' someone elses spot because he didn't pre-reg properly.

...eh, but what can I say? I guess I'm just a funny guy. :-O

It was funny when you called that guy a dumb *** pretty loud, and when you said "Why do they have a woman working that laptop"? XD

WOW LOL.
You guys know how FDv keeps banning MW ppl right? didnt think so. but look at this xD
http://youtube.com/watch?v=O3vkWBYZU7M
the descriptions too good.
"Jiano and Drephen combine their Ginger powers for one last time..."

Eggz

Smash Hero
lmao @ the ginger getting angry (redyoshi, not drephiano). That video was too good. My hairs red now, so perhaps I have ginger powers similar to this.

Top Bottom