• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee PAL Tier List Released

Mashu Koria

Smash Apprentice
Well, to be fair, you don't see those characters very often.
I see them quite often actually.
Not as much as spacies, but Puff and Marth are close to spacies in terms of popularity.

I see a lot of Falcon, Luigi, Mario(s) too, not as much, but a lot.

Endeby

Smash Cadet
NNID
Endeby
itt: People who has never played PAL with strong opinions about the PAL metagame.

Last edited:

billpika

Smash Rookie
NNID
billpika
Pichu is definitely not the worst. Unlike Kirby and Bowser, Pichu can actually do things. Also, I feel like this buffed Yoshi should be higher. I mean, his matchups with ICs and Marth are pretty good.

Also, who the hell thought a nerfed Fox deserved his own tier?

Myougi

My posts are gluten free.
Along with M2K and Armada, I still think Falco's the best in all 4 versions (NTSC-U 1.0, 1.1, 1.2, PAL, and NTSC-J) of the game. :falcomelee:

Myougi

My posts are gluten free.
Pichu is definitely not the worst. Unlike Kirby and Bowser, Pichu can actually do things. Also, I feel like this buffed Yoshi should be higher. I mean, his matchups with ICs and Marth are pretty good.

Also, who the hell thought a nerfed Fox deserved his own tier?
I agree, Pichu isn't the worst. Pichu may damage himself but he does have some approach options with his fast aerials.
Kirby is the worst in the game, no doubt about it. Almost all of his throws - not just his grabs - can be broken out of. Two of these throws that can be broken out of are suicide throws, allowing the opponent to be safe while kirby kills himself. Kirby's moves have lackluster damage and he has pitiful neutral game. The only hope he has is near the ledge with his command grab (inhale), but players can break out of it even at high percents with ease. Unlike Jigglypuff, his multiple jumps decrease in height one after another making his recovery deceptively poor. Kirby's Up+B gives him little horizontal mobility, and grabbing the ledge with kirby does not give him back his double jumps like it does to other characters, limiting his get up options.
Bowser on another hand I think is better than Pichu, GnW and a few others. His Up+B OoS alone makes shield approaches unsafe, his command grab can kill quickly, and his moves hit hard when you know how to use them.

Remobit

Smash Cadet
In the year 20XX, I will guarantee you that those space animals will NOT be top tier anymore.!

Last edited:

The Petalburg

Smash Rookie
A bit disappointed the ICies aren't as high as I'd like them to be, but I understand. It could be worse! :)

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
In otherwords, nearly the exact ****ing same as the American tier list.

Same old story. All hail ****ing Fox and Marth. There was no point to this at all.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
PAL list looks good. Fox and Falco not being grouped totally together is probably the only controversial part of the list

Blue Ninjakoopa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlueNinjakoopa
3DS FC
3265-5187-8163
As long as Pichu is lower than Kirby and Roy, this list has no problems. Pichu is garbage and has no decent results, unlike every other character in the game. The only people who use Pichu only pick it as a joke.

Last edited:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Pichu might be more useful than Kirby, he has "workable" fundamentals to where you seem to be playing Smash at least. Chain grabbing, Nair plane, etc.

Playing Kirby is hardly akin to playing Melee. Your grabs are wonky, approaching is slow, not much tech chase potential, etc. It feels downright sad trying to get stuff accomplished as Kirby, unless it's against another bad character where crouching or Bair or some other trait lets you manage a decent MU

Flippy Flippersen

Smash Journeyman
Why are more than half of the replies avout the d- tier? If pichu was #16 on the tierlist (literally 10 spots higher) he'd still be irrelevant garbo tier. there are toptiers that struggle with other top tiers, characters with less than 1/4th of puffs options aren't gonna be better vs fox. Characters with less than 1/4th of falcons tools won't do well against sheik etc.

Drexel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Valk54
3DS FC
4527-9856-8570
Dr. Mario is not a mid tier character and Samus is not nearly above Link and Young Link. This tier list got the top tier right at least. :p

TheFadedWarrior

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MortifiedPanda
Sheik was nerfed horrendously in PAL, not only because of her grab game but because she also has a much weaker u-air. Her PAL u-air isn't too much of an issue in fast faller MUs, but in floaty MUs, u-air was one of her primary kill moves in NTSC. Because she has a weaker u-air and weaker grab follow ups, it means that Sheik has significantly harder MUs against Puff and Peach, and some MUs with some mid-tiers are a lot closer than NTSC.

Puff on the other hand benefits from both Sheik and Fox changes, and she has winning MUs against everyone below her, especially against Peach and Sheik, two common characters in the metagame, and she goes evenish with Marth.

Both Falcon and ICs have bad (almost very bad) MUs amongst the high-tiers, so Puff in reality actually has a good argument for her placing. You might be able to argue that Puff isn't higher than Sheik, but Puff definitely is high-tier in PAL.
Thanks for that info. Does Sheik still have her amazing fair and tilts?

Hahaae

Smash Rookie
NNID
Hahaae
I would like to point out that this tier list puts PAL Fox on the same pedestal as Metaknight in SSBB.

No.

Top Bottom