• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee Night in Canada #12 - March 21st

Phiddlesticks

Smash Lord
i think it was elite four member karen in pokemon g/s/c who once said,

"strong characters. weak characters. that is only the selfish perception of people. truly skilled players should try to win with bowser."

personally thats how i try to live my life

KrIsP!

Smash Champion

ZaXXoR

Smash Journeyman
i will definately make it out to this! im gonna hit up the st.catharines/niagara region, as long as people aren't working i can pull up to 8 others plus myself. I'll deff be doing melee and P:M

zephyrnereus

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1048-9153-4450
god it's been ages since I last checked these forums...
I'm definitely interested in playing PM!
just curious: is there gonna be turbo mode matches as well?

SSB_Hello

Smash Apprentice
bans going 1-2-2-1 instead. Starter stages are below:
Battlefield, Final Destination, Smashville, Pokemon Stadium 2, Dreamland (64), Fountain of Dreams, Yoshi's Story (Melee).

After each match, the winner of the previous match bans 3 stages (Players may counterpick a stage that they previously banned in the set, but may not counterpick a stage on which they won). The player who lost the previous match chooses a stage, then the player who won chooses their character, then the player who lost chooses their character. Counter pick stages are as follows:

Battlefield, Final Destination, Smashville, Pokemon Stadium 2, Dreamland (64), Fountain of Dreams, Yoshi's Story (Melee), Yoshi’s Island (Brawl), Pokemon Stadium 1, Lylat Cruise, Wario Ware
Green Hill Zone, Skyloft, Skyworld.

((copied right from fb page. )

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
PM players;

This was brought up to me by a few people, I'm just curious.

What ruleset do you guys want to use then?

My idea was having the first game make the entire bottom row legal, banning going as 2-3-2-1.

After the first game, winner gets 3-5 bans. ( TBD the amount. ) and Skyloft/Skyworld are banned automatically.

if anyone has any suggestions/improvements for this, let me know here or in the FB group!
5 bans is way too much, and 2-3-2-1 is 8 strikes for 7 stages, idk how that will work LOL.

I think we should just stick with JCaesar's ruleset, especially because it's going to be used at Apex, so it's good practice for people going.

Cyan_

Smash Lord
But as someone whos learned how to play almost every character at (arguably) a decent level, id rather play melee any day for reasons of balance/fun/creativitya
you're missing a decent DK but yea i agree

Europhoria

Smash Lord
5 bans in PM is awful. Ivysaur (or other cheese related character) can just ban the 5 most neutral stages vs. like a Ganon/Marth/Roy/slower-character-Ivy-can-camp-and-cheese then force you to play on 5 bull**** stages lol. FD/Stadium 2/Battlefield/Yoshi's/FoD shouldn't be options to ban.

ZaXXoR

Smash Journeyman
what time does singles end usually? i just found out i can book a bus for $1 there 1 back and .50 booking fee, if they end after 11 which most times it does, i'd need housing, could anyone house me till the morning so i can catch another bus for $1 because im like 99% sure last 2 i went too ran past 11. if you guys know any1 with issues getting out, tell them to book with megabus! it costs less then a local bus ride one way, for me to go to toronto and back!

Last edited:

idea

Smash Master
i dunno about housing options, but last time it ended at 11:30 and it should end earlier this time because of 1 or 2 important changes.

Prim3MavericK

Smash Cadet
Even though I'm new, I wanna be a part of this tournament. I gotta see where I'm at skill-wise. Also M2K and Camilo so yeah ahaha

SSBMLahti

Smash Lord
I think I'm coming to this.

My first tourney ever? Hype *******.

Edit: Looking to Falco ditto any and everyone I can.

Last edited:

idea

Smash Master
you've been on smashboards for almost 4 years and you've never been to a tournament?

also i'm always up for falco dittos :D

SSBMLahti

Smash Lord
you've been on smashboards for almost 4 years and you've never been to a tournament?

also i'm always up for falco dittos :D
Yupp :urg: (I've been on SmashBoards for around 6 years now, but under different accounts).

I honestly have never even played against actual people until about a month ago. One of them has a vehicle and since we've all decided to actually put some dedication into the game we decided to go to a tournament- which just happens to be this one.

We are all looking forward to getting destroyed and hopefully learning and/or improving.

Last edited:

thunderstrikegod

Smash Rookie
sny of u guys near the toronto greater area im hoping we can all get some games in to help me pratice get good :) im new to the smash melee community

Briefs

Smash Rookie
NNID
Briefs
PM dropped from Brawl? Man. It's going to be hella crowded at this tourney if that's the case. Hopefully it's not out of hand. We just need to enforce the 'friendlies later, tourney first' stuff.
Seeing how crowded the Brampton tournament got, it is going to be unbearably crowded. Could be wrong, though

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
sny of u guys near the toronto greater area im hoping we can all get some games in to help me pratice get good :) im new to the smash melee community
GTA is where most of us live, usually post about smash fests in the facebook group or go to ANC outside Spadina station for friendlies on tuesdays and thursdays
Seeing how crowded the Brampton tournament got, it is going to be unbearably crowded. Could be wrong, though
Yeah, PM was dropped for the time being to it's not too crowded and doesn't go over on time.

idea

Smash Master
Just a reminder, at the moment these are Melee only. People who want PM, head to Dynasty Battles 4 at A&C on the 22nd. I'll be there :p

Top Bottom