• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee is Back! QLD Revival. [Strictly Melee Only]

Get that Rat

Smash Lord
Well, since Brawl is teh suckage, many of the usual participants in the family of Smash Brothers have disbanded from the competitive scene and have only participated in social gatherings such as meets and tournaments with no desire to achieve anything at all. I myself have probably been to just around 5 meets this whole year, Toai being 1... Lol @ Toai. wub wub!

Since Brawl has gathered a massive load of unwanted fanboys and 8 year old annoying little scrubs, quality of the QLD Smash, apart from the massive amounts of money from tournaments (that Chris/Meta Knight wins anyways, and he doesn't matter), has gone down the ****ter. Every dumbfk knows that quality > quantity; unless your really really really ridiculously ******** (Sieg).

This is a movement to resurrect what's lost its edge, to bring back Melee to what it once was; and to rid of ugly fanbois who wear Mario T-shirts thinking its cool. **** them unwanted scum babies.

Anyone who wants to help this movement... move...? Post your details and I shall copy paste Vyse's little 1st post thingy on the Brawl thread and Ctrl+F "Brawl" and replace with "Melee" because unfortunately I have better things to do than be on SWF 39 hours a day.

Smash directory
What I need is a way of contact - either msn/aim/etc.. or a phone number, so I can post it on the front. Or if you wish to not have anything, please say. PLEASE PM ME!

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
well i can see this topic going nowhere
*waits for one of the generic qld personal retorts*

Sirias

Smash Champion
Or alternatively wait for a generic Redact post. c:
It's sad that you'd even post that, though. But oh well.

Andy I think it's kool that you're trying to revive Melee but it really is quite dead.
It won't get back into how it was before, if that's what you're trying to achieve either.
Me and Zac play it for about 10 minutes and we get bored but we still play for another 20 minutes just because there's really nothing else to do.
Maybe we'd play more if there were others around, though, maybe, but I dunno.
The only thing we'd really have to do to get it back to how it was before is basically just post in the QLD thread and say: "Melee meet at mine from time - time.".
True about Antho. :D Although I think he works on computers so he has even more reason to check here every so often.

I think that most people would like to say: "BUT BRAWL IS THE FUTURE STOP LIVING IN THE PAST." or something along those lines, as in, to say that Brawl is new, more well-liked, more played, etc, so it's better to stay with Brawl than to go back to Melee.
... Although again I'm guessing that this is just going to be like how it was before with all the people that DID play Melee?
I don't know about any/many of the GC guys (if you were referring to them anyway), but I'm guessing that they'd rather play Brawl 'more' than Melee.

Melee can still live per se but I would imagine it'll always be a shadow of Brawl now, possibly no thanks to those little annoying fanboys. C:

Get that Rat

Smash Lord
Probs :(
But trying never hurt.

Brawl's too lame. Makes mot of us sad woxys :(

I'm just going to go in the corner and cry. Because of the **** level of Brawl and probs get over this phase again and go back to CoD4 or something LOL.

Scrubs

Smash Lord
I like melee

Its not dead there are bi monthly tourneys

And most of my tuesday meets will be melee

Also

I main sheik and jiggs

Paff

Smash Journeyman
I'm definitely of the opinion at this point that both Melee and Brawl should be played when Smash gatherings occur. Not that my opinion is necessarily the most correct or anything.

In any case, it seems like Melee is still going to see a lot of play.

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
I want to learn melee..... Ice Climbers dont seem that much different from Brawl. At Redcliffe 2 we are gonna have some Melee going down Just so Syke can **** everyone again....

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
the thing i dont get is why is there a seperate thread for melee? melb doesnt need one, just run the two in tandem and all is fine, your splitting things up in a silly fashion by creating a thread that is "strictly melee only"

MaCa

Smash Cadet
scrubs your weekly thing is gonna have to be the primary one in brisbane at the moment.

i'm gonna have to cancel the 25th simply 'cause uni is ****ed. full stop. i hope everyone who was keen on coming to mine reads this 'cause i don't want any people accidentally turning up. i give my deepest apologies but yeah, we'll have to do it another time.

Sirias

Smash Champion
Poop. I agree with Redact, why make a new thread?
But I guess it was necessary because Melee is quite dead here.
In MY opinion, most talk is of Brawl, which is a given, but there's not really much happening in terms with Melee...?
At least not LATELY, maybe the most RECENT events will be more Melee-based-revival etc.

Melee yay. <3
Brawl... sort of yay. <...3

Scrubs

Smash Lord
the thing i dont get is why is there a seperate thread for melee? melb doesnt need one, just run the two in tandem and all is fine, your splitting things up in a silly fashion by creating a thread that is "strictly melee only"
Unlike Melbourne melee, QLD melee is so awesome it needs its own thread...

On a serious note....

Redact is right we should move this discussion to the normal QLD thread

Paff

Smash Journeyman
@Greenstreet:
Heh, Calvin And Hobbes also used it as a sound effect at least once, for something snowball-related.

@MaCa:
You're sure you can't just fail all your classes and have the meet anyway? :p

That's unfortunate, though. Good luck with your studies.

Get that Rat

Smash Lord
I want to learn melee..... Ice Climbers dont seem that much different from Brawl. At Redcliffe 2 we are gonna have some Melee going down Just so Syke can **** everyone again....
Hahahah mate, it's very very very... very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very different.

Sorry I'm just trying to grasp why you're here when you clearly know that there is no cake or food in any context to feed you, your ego and your other 4 stomachs.

I WUB CAOTIQUE!

But yea, QLD Melee is 2G, so G it need's it's own G thread.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
@Greenstreet:
Heh, Calvin And Hobbes also used it as a sound effect at least once, for something snowball-related.

@MaCa:
You're sure you can't just fail all your classes and have the meet anyway? :p

That's unfortunate, though. Good luck with your studies.
Sweet as. I've got a couple of their books... umm I think I have "The Days are Just Packed"..

This is now the QLD Calvin and Hobbes Thread.

Sirias

Smash Champion
How did you manage to get 1,300 posts already, Greenie, lol.

Oh ho... Melee...
It won't be the same 'cause people are seemingly a lot more busy. d:

And I have to agree with Andy.
Why are you in here, Redact? Lol.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
How did you manage to get 1,300 posts already, Greenie, lol.

Oh ho... Melee...
It won't be the same 'cause people are seemingly a lot more busy. d:

And I have to agree with Andy.
Why are you in here, Redact? Lol.
So much n00b spam that I am no longer proud of it...

Lol. At least I'm better now... such as my last few posts...o wait.. they are centered around a cartoon kid and his tiger... ****... (back to the drawing board)

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Good question Syke... why do you post at all!!! <3888888888 (ice creams on top)

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
mmmm icecream.. ill play anything if theres icecream in it for me =P

well i support melee even tho i suck at it... although i am mainly focused on brawl now.
guess i play whateva other people are playing

Kulla

Smash Journeyman
Trolling peoples threads is awesome... Then getting uppity about being told to gtfo is even more awesome...

But in seriousness... Hope you guys can pull Melee back from the brink, it didn't deserve what happened to it when Brawl came out. Some people may be over it, but here in Sydney we are getting some fresh blood from people who found Smash Boards through Brawl, but love Melee...

So all hope is not lost...now all we need is Melee focused tourneys, and not Brawl ones with Melee as a sideshow

Get that Rat

Smash Lord
clearly i need permission to post in threads that aren't Melbourne ones yeah?
No. But clearly you need to realise that threads like these don't invite fat *******s who are pretty much the scum of the internet/world/scum of scum of scum.

clearly we have to have a point to post, i mean refer to every other post in this thread
**** yeah ice cream
You don't need a point, but you have to be under 167Kgs and loved by your parents. Which you are neither; therefore GTFO :)

It's so ironic because heaps of people want Melee back but they're too lamed and say "zomg it's never gunna happen."

It won't if you keep *****ing. Let's try and super full revival it.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Guys, Melee is going to be apart of the monthlies whether you like it or not.

EDIT2: All Melee supporters should head to Redcliffe II. Night Time Tournament ftw.

Triss

Smash Journeyman
well... can juggy its great your trying to revive smash. but it is seriously dead unfortanetly... *spellcheck please...*

lets turn this into a " get INTO HALO 3 THREAD"

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
it'll only die if people keep on saying it is - the fact this thread even exists means that it's not dead. Just grab the game's balls and drag it out into the open again and people will play. That's pretty much what happened in Sydney and Melbourne.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Guys, Melee isn't dead. You guys just aren't doing anything about it.

We had a Melee tournament at QBB, which could have been waaaaay better if any of you guys (tech team) showed up for it. Even without you guys it was pretty epic.

You sit around and complain that Melee is dying, without actually trying to do anything about it. At all. I already have plans for regular Melee tournaments along with Brawl. If you want to support Melee, help me out here. Juggy's got the right idea.

Kust0m

Smash Cadet
Guys, Melee isn't dead. You guys just aren't doing anything about it.

We had a Melee tournament at QBB, which could have been waaaaay better if any of you guys (tech team) showed up for it. Even without you guys it was pretty epic.

You sit around and complain that Melee is dying, without actually trying to do anything about it. At all. I already have plans for regular Melee tournaments along with Brawl. If you want to support Melee, help me out here. Juggy's got the right idea.
qft

10epicquotes

Get that Rat

Smash Lord
QFT ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

But what I'm actually trying to do is make it its own game. Instead of being under massive Brawl shadow.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
QFT ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

But what I'm actually trying to do is make it its own game. Instead of being under massive Brawl shadow.
I know. And you're right, Melee needs to stand on its own two feet.

But running it alongside Brawl is a start at least.

Sirias

Smash Champion
If you haven't realised we all 'like' Melee, but we don't 'omfg LOVE THE **** OUT OF IT', which is why we aren't doing anything about it, Anthony/Andy.
You're right, though, we (the people that aren't really 'helping' per se to 'revive' Melee) aren't really doing anything BECAUSE we don't care THAT much for it, I would imagine.
Melee isn't dead but I just don't see it coming back to the way it was, is what -I- was saying, however of course Melee can live but only really being in the shadow of Brawl.
At least for now.

Lol, Zac, Redact does have points to his posts, they're... to try and divert us from... reviving Melee? I don't see really 'why' he would do this but it's up to him.

Dave-y should live in QLD. <3

Top Bottom