• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee in the Hold 7 [MitH7] (December 22nd - date confirmed)

1337h4xx0r

Smash Apprentice
Well, I certainly could use practice, seeing as to how I only get to play with humans at tournaments. Although, I will probably be able to go to the stronghold on Sunday. I've still been improving though, lol.

:phone:

Captain L

Smash Champion
So that it is on the list

Bringing:
One gamecube + disc + memory card
One TV
One Wii

So I take it the PM tourney is using 2.1?

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Singles is gunna be off the hook! 16 man bracket sounds hype as ****!

this tournAment is gonna be stacked as ****. my predictions for top 16 would be teddy, Otto, toph, Andy, sion, Tony, yakal, Mike, Nathan, Matt, Greg, Steve, Eric Lee, Francis, daze, and myself.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
With around ~40 people attending this tournament, I just want to remind people to PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE BRING SETUPS

This tournament won't finish and everyone will have a terrible time unless everyone does their part and brings some equipement. DON'T BE LAZY! We're seriously going to need all the **** we can get our hands on otherwise this thing isn't going to work.

Also, LAST MINUTE GRINDFEST ON FRIDAY BEFORE THE TOURNAMENT! Get prepped! I'll be streaming that day as well on http://twitch.tv/dazee_ :)

1337h4xx0r

Smash Apprentice
Well, if we need more memory cards, I have about 3 or 4 with everything unlocked. I wish I still had my second cube so I could bring that, but I gave that away. I'm so hyped for this though. Hope we get enough setups.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Just want to say that latecomers will not be tolerated. We have a ton of stuff planned and if people aren't responsible enough to be there on time for registration of events, they won't be entered. In order for us to manage everything in a timely manner, everyone should ideally be at the venue before 1 for registration.

Please try to cooperate with us by making our schedule work. If you have a prior commitment (work, appointment, etc) let me/ violence know in advance so we can register you ahead of time and collect your money when you arrive. Be noted that if bracket starts before you arrive, it'll obviously be too late and you will not be entered.

-Thanks.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
You can always give someone a little extra time by playing their match last until it starts to delay the progress of the tournament. At which point you just put them into losers bracket and play their match last. just an idea. I've seen it used before.

real talk tho, Ryan dao is about to skeet over everyone and they're gonna be like "omg I lost to a random"

`dazrin

Smash Champion
You can always give someone a little extra time by playing their match last until it starts to delay the progress of the tournament. At which point you just put them into losers bracket and play their match last. just an idea. I've seen it used before.

real talk tho, Ryan dao is about to skeet over everyone and they're gonna be like "omg I lost to a random"

That's reasonable. I'm cool with that.

But seriously, people, pleeease DON'T be late T_T

1337h4xx0r

Smash Apprentice
Actually, I wouldn't mind playing a couple Brawl friendlies. Still prefer PM and Melee has been my all time favorite game for years now, and I still continue to like it more and more.

Top Bottom