• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee in the Hold 7 [MitH7] (December 22nd - date confirmed)

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Visit the livestream at Twitch.tv/dazee_ to keep up with all the BC hype!

Magic Stronghold Games
5558 Lane St., Burnaby, B.C.
V5H 2H5

Venue fee: $5
Melee Singles: $10
Melee Doubles: $10 (per team)

11:00 - Doors open
12:00 - Registration starts for Melee and Project M
1:00 - Melee doubles bracket begins
3:30 - Melee singles begins
Midnight - Venue closes

Melee/Project:M Singles:

1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

Melee Doubles:

1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

[COLLAPSE="MELEE RULES"]General Rules

Items are set to off.
Stock and Time are set to 4 stock and 8 minutes, respectively.
Double Blind*: If elected.
Contest Port Priority*: If elected.
Neutral Start*: If elected.
Modified DSR* (Cannot CP the last stage won on in a set)
Gentleman’s Clause*
Forced Character Selection*: Off
-Matches that time out will be determined by the remaining number of lives, then percentage of the current stock. In the event of a percentage tie, the match should be replayed in full. Sudden Death is not to be played, and will not count.
-If you happen to accidentally play a bracket match prematurely, YOU are responsible, and the match does not count. You will be asked to play your correct matches and proceed with the bracket regularly.
-Wobbling is BANNED
-If two players happen to die simultaneously for whatever reason, the match will be replayed with 2 stocks each on the same stage.
-If any other controversial issues arise, it is the TO's call (Daze and/or Violence) and it is their final decision.

Additional Rules for Teams Play

Team Attack: ON.
Life Stealing is allowed.
If the game is paused accidentally while attempting to steal a life, the opposing team may deem that life forfeit. Wait until the announcer has finished saying defeated before pressing start, or turn pause off prior to beginning the match.
[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="MELEE STAGES: MBR Stage List"]Singles Stage List

Starters/Neutrals:

Yoshi’s Story
Fountain of Dreams
Battlefield
Final Destination
Dream Land

Counterpick:

Pokemon Stadium

Stage Bans

For Best of 3 sets, each player gets 1 stage ban.
For Best of 5 sets, there are no stage bans.
For Best of 7 sets, DSRM is enabled for the 7th match, but the winner of the 6th match is allowed one stage ban, to be used after the 6th match is played.

Doubles Stage List

Starters/Neutrals:

Yoshi’s Story
Pokemon Stadium
Battlefield
Final Destination
Dream Land

Counterpick:

DK 64

Stage Bans

For Best of 3 sets, each team gets 2 stage bans. Teams may ban up to one neutral stage and one counterpick stage. One team cannot ban both counterpick stages.
For Best of 5 sets, each team gets 1 stage ban.
For Best of 7 sets, there are no stage bans.

[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="PROJECT:M RULES"]General Rules
* 4 stock, 8 minutes. In the (very unlikely) case that we are hard pressed for time and don't have enough setups, early bracket matches may be switched to 3 stock, 6 minutes.
* Sets are best of 3. Finals are best of 5.
* Items set to "off" and "none."

* Either player may call for a Double Blind character selection for the first match.
* Dave's Modified Stupid Rule: A player may not counterpick the last stage he won on in a set.

* Controller port is determined by Rock Paper Scissors if it can't be agreed upon. For doubles, the controller ports must be 1-2-2-1.
* For doubles, Team Attack is on and life stealing is allowed. Remember that Attack+Special, not the Pause button, is used to steal lives.
* Pausing during a match, unless okayed by the other player, will result in the loss of one stock for the pauser.

* If time runs out, the person with the most stock left (or least % if they are equal) wins. If the % is equal as well, play a 1 stock 3 minute match, same characters and stage.
* If the match goes to sudden death due to a suicide move (Ganon's side-B, Kirby/DDD's swallow, holding someone in a grab on a platform as it moves out of the boundaries, etc.), the one who initiated the move wins.

* Buffer set to off.
* Custom controls are allowed, but controllers modified to enhance performance are not. No turbo buttons, etc. However, removing the springs from shoulder buttons or replacing a thumbstick with a different thumbstick are ok.
* Custom music is allowed as long as it's not too distracting, but any textures or vertex hacks outside of the official team color textures or Melee re-textures over Fox and Falco are not. Simple recolors are allowed, however the margin for tolerance is very low in this regard, and is up to the TO's discretion.
* In the event that the game crashes or the TV/Wii loses power in the middle of a match, that match will be restarted from the beginning with the same characters and stage. If a player uses a known glitch to intentionally crash the game or otherwise make it unfinishable, that player may be forced to forfeit the match or be DQed at the TO's discretion.

* No excessive stalling (this includes abusing Jiggs' Rising Pound and Mario's Up-B Walljump)
* No coaching during a match. Consulting someone between matches is allowed as long as it doesn't hold up the next match.
* Both players may agree to any rule or stage outside the tournament ruleset.
[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="PROJECT:M STAGES: BC Stage List"]11 Stages

NEUTRALS:

Battlefield
Final Destination
SmashVille
Pokemon Stadium 2
Yoshi's Story (Melee)

COUNTER-PICKS:

Dracula's Castle
Pokemon Stadium 1
Dream Land 64
Fountain Of Dreams
Rumble Falls
Wario Ware
Green Hill Zone

~Stage Strike from neutrals 1-2-1 using Rock-Paper-Scissors to determine who strikes first.

~Winner of gets 3 stage bans for the rest of the set.

~Loser picks a stage from the stages remaining.
[/COLLAPSE]

If you are able to house anyone traveling in from out of province, please say so in the thread and I will put your name and information here for players seeking housing to get assistance.

PLEASE BRING ANY AND ALL EQUIPMENT YOU CAN!
This includes:
~TV's
~Gamecubes
~Melee Disks
~Project:M Setups (Wii + BarwlDisk/USBloader + SD card)
~Memory Cards
~Recording Setups
~Extension Cords
~Power Strips
~Splitters
~Switchers
~ETC..

Venue:
+8 TV's
+2 Gamecubes
+2 Melee Disks
+2 Power Strips
+2 Extension Cords

Please help us, to help you have a more enjoyable tournament experience by generously providing any and all equipment you possess to the venue to ensure that the tournament runs smoothly and there are plenty of stations to run through brackets as seamlessly as possible. Thank you!

.[ATTENDANCE].
-Yakal
-SinisterB
-Blunted Object 10
-xXx-NoobKing-xXx
-RobyExtreme
-Michaelblufalco
-Sion

(More to be added)

*= Unconfirmed

.[LIVESTREAM].
Every tournament will be live streamed @ Twitch.tv/dazee_ so get your friends to keep up with the hype by advertising the stream!

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
First :upsidedown:

Put me as unconfirmed.

+1 Project Set Up
+1 Melee Disc + Memory Card
+1 Recording set up
+1 Powerbar

FACEMAN

Smash Cadet
Definitely coming to this. I can also bring melee and project M setups.

I'll try and bring GOMB as well.

But he likes to not come to these things.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
So... yeah... about that "Victoria never contacts me" thing I said a while ago...

Anyways, I'm a maybe. I'd like to go, but... well... money, housing, men women...

Also, lack of practice in melee due to never playing it... (melee people have yet to contact me since the tournament... >_>)

Captain L

Smash Champion
most likely going to go to this, the only thing that could stop me is if I have to work that day, but I believe blueberry season is winding down anyways. Still, I won't know until a day or two before.

looking for a PM dubs partner

oh and I can bring a project setup, as well as a melee setup if that is needed

Jason!

Smash Lord
Yakal pls.

Not if me and Landon have anything to say about it

#Team Brawl Smarts

COME AT US BRO.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
no

:phone:

also get that bean **** out of here

nub

:phone:

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Thank you! ^_^

I put a lot of thought as well took in many other player opinions to formulate the stagelist you see here. Yakal and Rusty had a lot of input to contribute when I was trying to cut down the old stagelist, so a lot of credit goes out to them and everyone else who contributed to the making of the new and improved, Conservative P:M BC stagelist :p

Irisz

The Wanderer
NNID
QnIrisZ
3DS FC
4871-4459-0233
Uhmm ... put me down as unconfirmed ...

And if I do come, there will be another Wii, sensor bar, all those wires to play ... as well as an SD card for P:M .

Rusty Shacklefurd

Smash Lord
South-east of New Zealand, and no, you'll never fi
y no dreamland64 & fod for pm singles neutral?
Because 5 neutrals works well for striking and those stages simply aren't as neutral as what's been selected. That's about it. If you really want to start on those stages, feel free to suggest it to your opponent. If your opponent refuses, then they would've never stricken to it to begin with and the result is pretty much the same.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Because 5 neutrals works well for striking and those stages simply aren't as neutral as what's been selected. That's about it. If you really want to start on those stages, feel free to suggest it to your opponent. If your opponent refuses, then they would've never stricken to it to begin with and the result is pretty much the same.
Pretty much this.^

I REALLY hope you come, Irisz! I'm out for revenge in doubles ;)

Metà

Smash Master
imo, dreamland is more neutral than FD

but FD will never be on the CP list cause melee

Yakal

Torquasm-Rao
Same could have been said for dreamland lol

Which event is being streamed more? Constantly switching sounds like a pain...melee imo. Nothing interesting happens in project m until later like finals lol

Top Bottom