• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee Fox vs. Meta Knight

Status
Not open for further replies.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
MK would pwn Melee fox. Why? Fox plays with hitstun (Melee mechanics) and gets comboed into oblivion. MK plays with way less hitstun (Brawl mechanics) and doesn't get comboed :p

Smash Master
Melee Fox would win. He wouldn't get hit because he's so much faster, and even if he did, he wouldn't get combod very far because of DI and Metaknights floatiness and poor aerial mobility (compared to Melee Fox). Metaknight would be like Melee Kirby with a sword in that environment.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
Melee Fox would win. He wouldn't get hit because he's so much faster, and even if he did, he wouldn't get combod very far because of DI and Metaknights floatiness and poor aerial mobility (compared to Melee Fox). Metaknight would be like Melee Kirby with a sword in that environment.
uggh. Meta Knight being effected by Brawl's physics. NOT MK being effected by Melee's physics. Melee Fox would have the benefits L-cancel and Wavedash while MK would have the benefits of low hitstun, floatyness, and a airdodge that can come out before hitstun even ends.

crescentia

Smash Journeyman
Melee Fox CANNOT combo Metaknight if Brawl hitstun applied to MK.

Also, I would think that MK falls down from shine from his weight.

HolyCrusader

Smash Cadet
MK would win. If all the Melee rules applied to Metaknight then he would be FASTER than fox and pretty much all of his moves would be able to combo. On top of that Metaknight with wavedashing would be a scary thought. Fox wouldn't have a chance.

PCHU

Smash Lord
You forget:
Fox has the awesome usmash.
And if they're fighting on a walled stage, then shine infinite applies.
If both characters had an extremely good person using them in that they could pull off any tech with excellency (Ex: Silent Wolf) then we can assume Fox would win, hands down.
Simply no way Metaknight could keep up.
Also, last time I checked, Fox has lasers.
Granted that doesn't mean an automatic win, but it does tip the match slightly in Fox's favor.

I don't see why everyone thinks MK is the best.
Multiple characters could compete with Metaknight, if you know MK's various approaches.
It's like everyone thinks that there's no way around Metaknight, when some ways are so obvious that it hurts.

Just like people against Ike, they think he's too easy.
Ike can be a beast in the right hands.

XLII

Smash Cadet
It sounded like op said fox had melee physics and mk had brawl ones. I would say melee fox myself, especially if he could be shine wavedashed, but I do think the map would play a very major role. If the map had large boarders (such as dreamland 64) I would probably give the match to mk due to his ability to survive for longer. If the map had a vertical wall, I think I would have to say fox, due to the ability to multi-shine to build up percent until he was ready to be killed by an up-smash, though it would be an interesting match to watch in almost any scenario.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
You forget:
Fox has the awesome usmash.
And if they're fighting on a walled stage, then shine infinite applies.
If both characters had an extremely good person using them in that they could pull off any tech with excellency (Ex: Silent Wolf) then we can assume Fox would win, hands down.
Simply no way Metaknight could keep up.
Also, last time I checked, Fox has lasers.
Granted that doesn't mean an automatic win, but it does tip the match slightly in Fox's favor.

I don't see why everyone thinks MK is the best.
Multiple characters could compete with Metaknight, if you know MK's various approaches.
It's like everyone thinks that there's no way around Metaknight, when some ways are so obvious that it hurts.

Just like people against Ike, they think he's too easy.
Ike can be a beast in the right hands.
Are you arguing that MK ISN'T the best in Brawl? ROFL.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
Melee Fox:
+Deadly U-smash that kills light weights like MK at around 80%
+Deadlier U-air that kills at around 70% (because your closer to the ceiling)
+JC Shine
+Wavedash
+Hitstun
+Longer Fire Fox
-Longer Shieldstun
-Easier to gimp

Brawl Metaknight:
+Insanely fast
+Great Recovery
+Easier and more efficient Powershield
+Faster shield period
+still combos insanely well
+Multiple Airdodges allow him to escape most u-air
+Airdodging CANCELS hitstun. :o:o:o:o:o:o x20
+Faster dodging
-Light weight

Yeah, despite Fox's attacks inflicting more hit stun, Metaknight would just cancel it with his dumb brawl airdodge and then airdodge all of Fox's u-airs. Fox's only hope would be to land waveshine -> u-smash. Meanwhile, Metaknight would be able to keep Fox in the air for long periods of time (Fox gets stuck in combos bad enough against other melee characters).

Keblerelf

Smash Ace
fox u smash can kill jigglypuff at around 70% on dreamland if jiggs doesn't DI, so the u smash % would be a bit lower.

If the stage were big enough fox could camp metaknight; not sure if he could outcamp him though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom