• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee Fox vs. Meta Knight

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
in melee physics MK doesn't really change.
How you feel was determined by your weight and as such MK would fall the same.
MK Glide would work the same because it is a Move, and is also used to initiate glide attacks, by melee engine I thought we meant stuff like L-canceling faster meteor cancels, wave dash, hitstun, dreamland 64 wind and stuff like that.

Dreamland 64 is SOOOO a mk counter in melee, his air game would suffer from the wind pushing him back while Fox is completely fine in it really.

But without Multiple air dodging, If Fox air dodges once, MK has him in the air.... forever >.>

Fox would kill MK if he ever touched ground near him, but MK is unlikely to do so, and fox's poor recovery in comparison to MK means gimp and killed.

Their own physics Fox wins for sure, no contest.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
Effected by their own respective physics, it'd be close. Fox's hitstun could allow MK to combo him and a 0-death could happen. And MK's recovery would damper any Shine gimping attempts. MK outranges Fox (obviously), and MK would have his Brawl airdodge to get out of combos. Brawl Shield stun would also cause Fox problems.

Fox's U-Smash destroys light characters though. And he could keep up with MK's speed. And Fox pretty much can build damage with SH lasers (much better then Brawl Fox's)

Overall, no1's going to get *****.

Banks

Smash Hero
melee characters are way more capable of moving attacking and defending than brawl characters are because of the superior physics

manhunter098

Smash Lord
Metaknight would probably be able to LITERALLY just u-air Fox all the way to the top of the screen and then shuttle loop him for the KO. Of course we are assuming each has the physics from their respective games. Dont forget there is less hitstun in Brawl, multiple air dodges, and well slower falling speeds so Metaknight gets to have all of those.

~rh

Smash Lord
melee characters are way more capable of moving attacking and defending than brawl characters are because of the superior physics
I highly agree with this statement.

manhunter098

Smash Lord
What about the superior physics allows this? Aside from faster falling speed I dont really see too much of a difference between the physics of actual character control between the two games. Some characters have a good ground speed, some have a good air speed (horizontally of course). Granted I can see that with wave dashing you gain the ability to space much more accurately, but I really dont see Melee physics giving Fox a lot of advantages.

He also is still going to suffer the negative side effects of Melee physics, like more shield stun, and more hitstun, both of which Metaknight can monopolize on due to his obscenely fast attacks, f-tilt alone will be total **** in Melee physics.

pure_awesome

Smash Lord
What about the superior physics allows this? Aside from faster falling speed I dont really see too much of a difference between the physics of actual character control between the two games. Some characters have a good ground speed, some have a good air speed (horizontally of course). Granted I can see that with wave dashing you gain the ability to space much more accurately, but I really dont see Melee physics giving Fox a lot of advantages.

He also is still going to suffer the negative side effects of Melee physics, like more shield stun, and more hitstun, both of which Metaknight can monopolize on due to his obscenely fast attacks, f-tilt alone will be total **** in Melee physics.
Melee hitstun would affect Metaknight, not Fox. It's Fox's moves that give hitstun, therefore, Metaknight suffers.

manhunter098

Smash Lord
Well sort of. Hitstun, if I recall correctly has two components. One of them is character based and one of them would be in the move. But thinking about it how would the values actually interact between games. Or does Melee even have the same system of hitstun as Brawl? I guess there are variables in this we dont necessarily understand even if we do decide how they retain their respective attributes.

Super_Sonic8677

Smash Lord
If MK was "meleefied" (given hitstun,wd,no tripping etc) The obvious winner would be MK. He'd be really good in Melee even without melee physics. But if they kept their own physics,then the battle is in Fox's favor. imo

More food for thought: What would Sonic be like if he was "Meleefied"?:chuckle:

mariofanpm12

Smash Ace
If MK was "meleefied" (given hitstun,wd,no tripping etc) The obvious winner would be MK. He'd be really good in Melee even without melee physics. But if they kept their own physics,then the battle is in Fox's favor. imo

More food for thought: What would Sonic be like if he was "Meleefied"?:chuckle:
:laugh:thats good food indeed...:laugh:
but hmm... perhaps mid-high tier? its kinda late for me so i cant into detail as to why:urg:

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Melee Fox for the win. It would be close though.

I think MK would have a harder time against Melee Marth though... that whole thing about MK's range and priority... just met its match with Melee Marth.

Edit: Sonic would be ridiculous if he was Meleefied. He'd have the best 3 jump recovery, he could combo into Spin Dash and Spin Charge combos with L-cancelling, would be impossible to successfully meteor or shine at low percents because of the spring, homing attack would probably be better, and all of his combos that knock people upwards so that you can spring jump and get an aerial would be 89204 times better.... if he was Meleefied.

Also remember, Melee came out before Sonic games started to totally suck, so Sonic probably wouldn't suck in that game. lol

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I have one thing to say to Meta-Players, Melee Fox would OWN you, simply because he would be able to gimp on you plus he would most likely KO a Meta at around say 80%, sadly though this is a match-up that is impossible to see, therefore we will never know who would actually win.

Kiyosuki

Smash Journeyman
It's one hell of a theoretical question so I don't really have an answer. I will say though regardless of who would win theoretically that I don't really want to imagine what Meta Knight would be like with Wavedashing and L-Cancelling, and more room for aerial combo-ability. Even if he'd be more vulnerable too it still sounds like a nightmare to me.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
Remember people. Melee Fox has more hitstun (giving MK potential combos), MK has Brawl airdodge, and MK isn't really gimpable by shinespiking. It would be a close match.

pure_awesome

Smash Lord
Melee hitstun would affect Metaknight, not Fox. It's Fox's moves that give hitstun, therefore, Metaknight suffers.
Further down the same page...

Remember people. Melee Fox has more hitstun (giving MK potential combos), MK has Brawl airdodge, and MK isn't really gimpable by shinespiking. It would be a close match.
Mk's dthrow might be a chaingrab in melee because of the high hitstun.....
Metaknight with hitstun.....

*shudders*
Gotta love Smashboards.

Everything he said
I've always been under the impression that it's based solely on the attack, which is why fall speed of the opponent was so important to combos. It's possible I'm wrong, but I can't think of anything that would really show it.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
pure_awesome. They would be affected by their respective games hitsun system. 64 Pikachu (for example) would be stunned for AWHILE if hit by an attack.

As I said, Melee Fox when hit would be stunned longer then MK (and Fox lacks an airdodge that comes out BEFORE hitstun even ends).

pure_awesome

Smash Lord
I'm very sure that's not how hitstun works. Fox's moves give hitstun. It's called hitstun, not hurtstun. Therefore, Metaknight is the one stunned longer.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
From my view, its the characters reaction to being hit. Melee Fox would have more hitstun from a hit versus MK. I see it as how they react upon being hit.

Even if it works your way, MK can airdodge before hitstun ends.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Fox Vs MK in melee= Fox, hands down. MK would get killed!
Fox vs MK in there own games= Fox. He still would win but It would be close.

JhMS

Smash Journeyman
Melee Fox would totally destroy Meta.
I mean,Thunder combos?perfect shine spike?waveshine to up smash/up throw to up air?
Yeah Meta has no chance.

DSM01

Smash Apprentice
Pretty much what was already mentioned; Fox couldn't really gimp MK because of his recovery and MK could gimp Fox with his aerials, so I say MK wins.

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
Are you people serious? Fox beat MK in Melee physics? I don't dare to a imagine a MK with hit stun and l-canceling. MK would be a Marth with Jigglypuff's recovery. And there would be no reducing knockback, so you can say hello to dsmash spam ****.

3transfat

Smash Journeyman
It would actually be kind of close. Fox has all of the insane tech skill, but with all of that hit stun, the fast-falling and the lack of auto-sweetspot, Metaknight just might win.

MuBa

Smash Lord
I know this is somewhat out of topic but...

I wonder what Snake would be like in Melee with all of the strength attributes given in Brawl...

L-cancelable aerials and Wave-grenades anyone?

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
I know this is somewhat out of topic but...

I wonder what Snake would be like in Melee with all of the strength attributes given in Brawl...

L-cancelable aerials and Wave-grenades anyone?
Scary. As. F***. And without reducing knockback, ftilt would be straight broken. Then there's wave smashing. With that, even Snake's fsmash would be more useful.

Trapt497

Smash Ace
If its melee fox vs. brawl meta knight, I think melee fox would win simply because he could havedash, or while meta knight is recovering he'd get shined. However, if we're talking about a melee style meta knight, its harder to say who's better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom