• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - EVO 2013 (Breast Cancer Research Drive) Melee @ Evo2k13 Donation Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atlus8

Smash Master
I draw Pokémon. The drawings look like this. I'll give you prints for donations.

More can be found here on my blog.

I'd like to try and help Melee win, so for every $30 you donate for Melee, I'll send you a (signed) print of any drawing you like, or two drawings, depending on size.

If you donate $150 or more, you can choose a Pokémon or Smash character I haven't drawn yet, and I'll draw it and send you a print of the one you chose.

Just email me (drawingsofpokemon[at]gmail.com) a screencap of your donation, a mailing address and the print/s you'd like. This has to be done before midnight tonight of course.

Thanks!
Those are ****en amazing! When I saw Mordecai and Rigby I nearly threw my chair across the room!

Would you consider dropping the price a bit for a new drawing? I know these take a good amount of time to draw, but I think some people have donated a large amount and would have definitely liked one of your drawings!

Please make your own thread on here cause this is just great stuff!

Smiles

Smash Journeyman
Woot, spammed link on Facebook, got a few more people to donate. It's sad how many people actually haven't even heard of melee getting into EVO, many of who used to be super competitive in the San Antonio melee scene. Spam donation link more!! Ahh ok I feel accomplished for the time being. Off to school, maybe try and convince the remaining smash players at UTSA.

A nice gathering of Brawl players, who I'll probably have to 4 stock again AT brawl again, just to get them to donate to melee over it. They'll listen muahahahha.

:phone:

Yomi-no-Kuni

Smash Lord
Damn, if i had the money i'd donate 150€ for a charizard :/

You need to get on the last Miom and sell your stuff for donations! it'll bring in money xD

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Also how are you four stocking brawl players
don't they only play with three stocks

@tiger shark
those drawings are amazing. Don't get me wrong, but 150$ might be too much to ask. Not because they aren't some of the best I've seen (definitely are) but because you probably won't get that many new people to donate 150$ based off the drawings. If someone was going to donate 150$, a drawing probably wouldn't be enough to push them over the edge. I guess I'm saying that although those are ****ing fantastic works of art, you probably won't get much extra money donated unless you lower the required donation. 100$ might be more appropriate, but if you really wanted to give some of yourself to this drive, then you might consider lowering it even slightly more to maximize the demand*price output. Just for some thought.

Also I wish I could draw that well, I would totes make avatars for myself all the time :/

Tiger Shark

Smash Journeyman
These sketches are clearly worth more than 30$.
I guess you don't send those to France ? :(
Yeah I'll send anywhere in the world, including France.

Also the prints will be A5 or A4 size, so I think $30 is fair.

Edit:
Damn only for tonight for the drawings? So I missed it? Cause I definitely ****ing want one.
No no, until the end of the drive. As long as you donate, you're good. You people and your time differences, gosh.

Tse

Smash Cadet
I draw Pokémon. The drawings look like this. I'll give you prints for donations.

I'd like to try and help Melee win, so for every $30 you donate for Melee, I'll send you a (signed) print of any drawing you like, or two drawings, depending on size.

If you donate $150 or more, you can choose a Pokémon or Smash character I haven't drawn yet, and I'll draw it and send you a print of the one you chose.

Just email me (drawingsofpokemon[at]gmail.com) a screencap of your donation, a mailing address and the print/s you'd like.

Thanks!
Incredible. Quoting so it won't get lost.

If I didn't already drop money I could've afforded the $150. I'm just going to drop the rest of my savings on Thursday, but good **** though for offering this.

Wieners

Smash Apprentice

Just email me (drawingsofpokemon[at]gmail.com) a screencap of your donation, a mailing address and the print/s you'd like.

Thanks!
Have you drawn any non pokemon smash characters already?

Tiger Shark

Smash Journeyman
Have you drawn any non pokemon smash characters already?
Nope.

Tiger Shark, I recommend making a whole new thread for it. More people will see it and it won't get lost that way.
Wait, I can do that? Sweet!

Thread here

(Prices also jacked up a little but I'll be lenient with people who saw my first post here before the thread was made.) Okay bed time now be back in 10 hours

Bob thy dead

Smash Rookie
So brentalfloss just plugged this on his Facebook (and I assume Twitter), telling people to go donate for Melee.

While he did it for a friend, that is some amazing exposure from someone who is at least internet famous. Then again, he has always been a Nintendo fan, so why wouldn't he support Melee, even if only for a friend?

Smiles

Smash Journeyman
You could MM them and then use the MM money towards the donation fund, just sayin'.
Good idea! Maybe a sign, all day long MM for evo. It's pretty big gaming room(the "Roost", is "Rowdy Roadrunner" our mascots' supposed hangout, who looks almost EXACTLY like falco bout to play some B-ball.)

Also how are you four stocking brawl players
don't they only play with three stocks
Not these guys. 4 stocks, items on high, custom stages, and Free for all. Also for some stupid reason it's common knowledge for all of them that 2 people pair off and fight with each other without hitting anyone else. Person who dies first WAITS, not taking damage, and let's the other 2 finish fighting. Then the last 2 fight. If any time I've jumped in and wrecked whoever, I get a chewing out from the crowd. Then have to explain that it's a FREE FOR ALL. Yeah I'm the staple "tourney tard" there. Lol

I kinda want to donate 150 dollar to see you draw G&W in that style (I think the styles would collide enough to be interesting), I hate that I have to say I can't afford it.

Revven

FrankerZ
So brentalfloss just plugged this on his Facebook (and I assume Twitter), telling people to go donate for Melee.

While he did it for a friend, that is some amazing exposure from someone who is at least internet famous. Then again, he has always been a Nintendo fan, so why wouldn't he support Melee, even if only for a friend?
Hype hype hypex10 :bee:

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Not these guys. 4 stocks, items on high, custom stages, and Free for all. Also for some stupid reason it's common knowledge for all of them that 2 people pair off and fight with each other without hitting anyone else. Person who dies first WAITS, not taking damage, and let's the other 2 finish fighting. Then the last 2 fight.
Where's the fun in that? :urg:

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
No no, until the end of the drive. As long as you donate, you're good. You people and your time differences, gosh.
lolk definitely aiming for that umbreon before umbreon mow snatches it. M2K NEEDS to get that mewtwo for real. Your work is amazing man and no...150$ seems like a legit price for an original work. You should just go ahead and draw scar a captain falcon though, dude donated 1000$ and helped us a bunch of other ways.

edit: goddamnit it Brand X, I was doing that tomorrow! Nah, I wasn't wish I had thought of it though.

BrandX

Smash Ace
Good to see Brand X is still supporting melee by posting. I hope Cristina Vee goes to Evo. I'll make her my waifu there
I am not even giving dollars :<

Fine, I'll leave lol. It's just, now that it's come down to the wire, I'm starting to get nervous about how the final moments will play out. It's going to be one hell of a night.

Laijin

Smash Hero
I am not even giving dollars :<

Fine, I'll leave lol. It's just, now that it's come down to the wire, I'm starting to get nervous about how the final moments will play out. It's going to be one hell of a night.
More importantly, do you have any info on Cristina being at EVO?

Edit: If not, can you find out for me? This is REALLY important.

BrandX

Smash Ace
More importantly, do you have any info on Cristina being at EVO?
I think they said they would attend if SkullGirls wins.

So if you guys win, I don't think they are going to come XD

But don't take my word for it, I might be wrong on that.

VASH

Smash Cadet
$3.50

Yo, if the next person donates tree fiddy our total will be $30,750.69

Hokkaido

Smash Journeyman
Yo, if the next person donates tree fiddy our total will be $30,750.69
Yes, we can't afford to lose sight of our actual goal.

Our true goal is to ensure that the final donation amount has some form of 69. $XXXXX.69 is acceptable, but $XXX69.69 is even moreso. X6969.69 is even better, but we should all aspire to the masterful $696969.69.

BrandX

Smash Ace
But SGs will be there regardless. It just won't have the 1k pot =\
They should come anyways! How else am I gonna make her my waifu
Once again, don't quote me on that.

Also it isn't just the 1k pot we'll be losing XD

Smiles

Smash Journeyman
BUTTTTT.... Melee will be there lol

Also really hope last day they don't do some sort of silent bidding so we can't see who's in the lead. I'd like to see the donation war...for breast cancer lol.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668

Thanks!
These are pretty amazing. I know a few people on FB who really like this type of stuff who might just donate for this alone. BRB posting.

El Duderino

Smash Ace
Sorry but I thought that was a pathetic attempt to get donations, the whole podcast had barely anything to do with melee... it was basically bashing and talking so much random **** that was uninteresting. I closed it after a few mins... I even listened to most of it after it was done just to be sure.
A lot of it was in poor taste. That said it really wasn't from our community, no one here should feel obligated to apologize for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom