• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - EVO 2013 (Breast Cancer Research Drive) Melee @ Evo2k13 Donation Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

oukd

Smash Lord
Premium
trihex will be at evo, so we can all thank him in person :)
lool woops i meant to phrase it like 'the overall donation'
what smoking puppy said ~_~ tired johns

but yeah trihex is the man

Raaawk

Smash Rookie
Maybe one of you guys with connections can ask Steven Seagal to help with fundraising. He could probably make an awesome movie out of it.

Steven Seagal is... The Fundraiser.

Lovage

Smash Hero
I would if I could, but since I don't actually own the channel, I have very little control over that.
prog can make a short melee @ evo donation video pretty in 12 minutes if you ask him to

PM the owner of the channel and see if he's interested in hosting a vid like that

JacopeX

Smash Apprentice
Has anyone noticed that in SG's donation page, theres over 700 tweets of the page and in the Melee donation page there are only about 180 tweets?

HOW CAN THIS BE!!!!

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
Has anyone noticed that in SG's donation page, theres over 700 tweets of the page and in the Melee donation page there are only about 180 tweets?

HOW CAN THIS BE!!!!
Smashers don't have that social media game.

:phone:

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
prog can make a short melee @ evo donation video pretty in 12 minutes if you ask him to

PM the owner of the channel and see if he's interested in hosting a vid like that
The channel really seems to like Project M so if I could get one of the developers to do an interview or get a character reveal exclusively on their channel, I could possibly get a video uploaded on the last day.

Can someone get in me contact with a dev?

ec0

Smash Rookie
This is not fair...
So... this fight between melee and skullgirls doesnt make sense to me... the smash community has already shown through the years that is alot bigger than a community like the skullgirls one (its stupid to compare the events that the smash community organizes during a year with the skullgirls ones). But, both games have raised almost the same money... why? Its obvious that the skullgirl community is getting all the support from the developers, famous voice actors and all the people related with the game. This people is "working" for the game, leading the campaign and making everyone know that this fight is happening. On the other hand, we have the smash community witch is working together but without the developers (nintendo) leading the campaign... I mean, if both games were in the same situation (without any support), the smash community would win eassily. If both games had the support of the developers, smash would destroy skullgirls. Regardless of the game you want to win, we have two games competing in different conditions and ... what if skullgirls win? How should melee fans feel after seeing that his efforts have been futile simply because this situation? why are the organizers allowing this to happen?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
The channel really seems to like Project M so if I could get one of the developers to do an interview or get a character reveal exclusively on their channel, I could possibly get a video uploaded on the last day.

Can someone get in me contact with a dev?
interview - yes! go ahead and get in contact with them, we've got a decent number of people willing to do skype interviews or if possible in-person interviews.

MajorMoses

Smash Journeyman
This is not fair...
So... this fight between melee and skullgirls doesnt make sense to me... the smash community has already shown through the years that is alot bigger than a community like the skullgirls one (its stupid to compare the events that the smash community organizes during a year with the skullgirls ones). But, both games have raised almost the same money... why? Its obvious that the skullgirl community is getting all the support from the developers, famous voice actors and all the people related with the game. This people is "working" for the game, leading the campaign and making everyone know that this fight is happening. On the other hand, we have the smash community witch is working together but without the developers (nintendo) leading the campaign... I mean, if both games were in the same situation (without any support), the smash community would win eassily. If both games had the support of the developers, smash would destroy skullgirls. Regardless of the game you want to win, we have two games competing in different conditions and ... what if skullgirls win? How should melee fans feel after seeing that his efforts have been futile simply because this situation? why are the organizers allowing this to happen?

Y'know, it's usually not a good idea to post the same thing in two different threads. And we want to minimize the amount of exposure other people get to people complaining here. Not maximize it.

oukd

Smash Lord
Premium
the minispiritbomb has indeed been dropped. wonder if he's going to try again...

BrandX

Smash Ace
I dont want to bother anyone... sorry.

I just want to reply to your comment, your situation would apply to both sides. What if SkullGirls loses? What if everything we did was for naught and pointless.

When you think like that, then already there is a problem. The fun in all of this wasn't winning, but becoming more connected with your community and seeing that you had fun the entire time!

Both of our efforts weren't for nothing, we donated over 50k together in order to stop Breast Cancer, we should be proud!

Anyway enough of that, just felt like getting that off my chest.

MajorMoses

Smash Journeyman
So am I the only one who can't get on the SRK forums? It seems to be down.

SmasherHacker1337 must have Nintendo DS'ed it or whatever you call that hacking thing. Good job man! Now Skullgirls has lost its hub for organizing everything! (Not really, they have a big skype chat.)

BrandX

Smash Ace
So am I the only one who can't get on the SRK forums? It seems to be down.

SmasherHacker1337 must have Nintendo DS'ed it or whatever you call that hacking thing. Good job man! Now Skullgirls has lost its hub for organizing everything! (Not really, they have a big skype chat.)
Yeah I'm having that same issue. It's mostly just running hella slow and crashing a lot. Then again, it's SRK...does this all the time :/

btw, I've really wanted to say this...but I love your laharl avatar~ Just wanted to throw that out there~

prog

This is not fair...

You play cards with the hand you're dealt. Sometimes you have to bluff your way to victory, othertimes you gotta pray for something good to come down the river.

It's all about fighting breast cancer. There's nothing futile about that. Our community will survive, and we're working to save lives as we walk down that path.

[put_sagat_in_megabus]

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
You play cards with the hand you're dealt. Sometimes you have to bluff your way to victory, othertimes you gotta pray for something good to come down the river.

It's all about fighting breast cancer. There's nothing futile about that. Our community will survive, and we're working to save lives as we walk down that path.

[put_sagat_in_megabus]
This should be our rally message, motivational
to the other person, nice image

Jiv

Smash Apprentice
Why the hell is our page an acronym with no picture, yet sg is fully spelled out, has a pic representing the game, and has a little pink paragraph about breast cancer?

As a matter of fact, skullgirls is the only page that has s*** on it. That's not fair.

prog

Why the hell is our page an acronym with no picture, yet sg is fully spelled out, has a pic representing the game, and has a little pink paragraph about breast cancer?

As a matter of fact, skullgirls is the only page that has s*** on it. That's not fair.

Might be issues with using the logo without consent. Either way, we live. How else can we reach out?

Jiv

Smash Apprentice
Might be issues with using the logo without consent. Either way, we live. How else can we reach out?

Yeah just accept the fact that the ppl running the competition blatantly favor skullgirls and chalk it up to "Nintendo doesn't like us" again.

MountainGoat

Smash Journeyman
Yeah just accept the fact that the ppl running the competition blatantly favor skullgirls and chalk it up to "Nintendo doesn't like us" again.

What are you trying to accomplish by *****ing about everything?

Jiv

Smash Apprentice
Trying to raise everyone's awareness to how biased this competition is. Just bc I'm not a high ranking member doesn't mean you have to disregard what I say.

zmx

Smash Lord
It's a no brainer that the majority of the FGC that's actually supporting one game or the other is going to support Skulllgirls, not Melee.

I mean they've got popular Marvel players supporting the game now that have literally never played SG before now. In other words they want SG to win simply so Smash doesn't, not because they are dedicated members of the virtually non-existant SG community.

I'm beginning to suspect that's where a good chunk of the SG donations are coming from, not necessarily fans of SGs but the FGC by large.

Smash has never been part of the FGC despite how much people want to believe it and it probably never will be even if it does win.

zmx

Smash Lord
I doubt he'll be the only plug SG gets. There might already be more we don't know about. The point is this seems more like FGC vs Smash than SGs vs Melee.

Leaving tags at the end of my posts makes me feel cool.

Smooth Criminal

telemaster

Chime and Twang
NNID
telemaster
no point in qqing about circumstances, we have what we have and now we gotta make the best of it. just try our hardest and hope for the best dude. raise your mofuggin arms and throw that cold cash

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
You guys need to stop pretending you understand a community you're not a part of.

And *****ing about the logo? Really? A lot easier to e-mail mike z for permission than Nintendo.

MajorMoses

Smash Journeyman
Hey, so if some of you are done *****ing about the cards we've been dealt, I'm making spaghetti cuz I'm hungry. If you donate $5 right now and prove it, I will allow you to choose what I put on it. Your options are: chili, cheese, or both. First come first serve... -ing me.

I will take pictures to prove I'm legit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom