• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - EVO 2013 (Breast Cancer Research Drive) Melee @ Evo2k13 Donation Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
SFxT is getting a slot because people are hoping 2013 has enough changes to make the game stop sucking.

If that doesn't change, SFxT ain't getting in EVO 2014.

zmx

Smash Lord
SFxT is getting a slot because people are hoping 2013 has enough changes to make the game stop sucking.

If that doesn't change, SFxT ain't getting in EVO 2014.
I understand this but why is it getting a second chance when so many games don't?

The reason is probably because the company that made it happens to sponser Evo.

machinegungeek

Smash Apprentice
Whelp, this is certainly going to come down to sniping, given how close and ivested each community is. It feels dirty, but we should prbly just have the next donation drive go directly to some1's (Scar's?) paypal so they can donate within the last 5 min. (w/e the update frequency of the counter is, to make it stealthy).

Feels scuzzy to even suggest it...

zmx

Smash Lord
This has been a bidding war from the start. There's nothing dirty about using ideal tactics. This is how auctions work.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Lol community wide announcement, stay tuned for Scar's announcement. That's the great thing about this drive, it created a bridge between communities, got people turning their heads and had others taking charge. Good **** in the end.

zmx

Smash Lord
Basically it said something like "Watch out Melee...a REAL fighting game is coming for you!". I found it funny.

smashmachine

Smash Lord
nothing wrong with last minute sniping
as a matter of fact, pros should do some last minute sniping for their money back at EVO

Fortune

Smash Journeyman
Probably better to not donate now. If they see we are donating now that will inspire them to donate more to keep us down while their energy is high. If they see we aren't donating now that will have them satisfied with their victory.

imo

edit
I read that twitter thing. I burst out laughing. These people are beyond desperate. By desperate I mean thirsty for a woman.

https://twitter.com/Skullgirls/status/294682329253810176
rofl

Smashboards, Melee followers, People who enjoy the smash games, and all those I have not mentioned:

Yesterday, January 25th, 2013 -- a date which will live in infamy -- the funding of melee into evo was suddenly and deliberately threatened by Skullgirls fans and followers.

The melee effort was at a steady lead and was still in conversation with its the skullgirl representatives and its developers looking toward a more peaceful competition.

It will be recorded that the distance covered that day from the Skullgirls original total to now, makes it obvious that the attack was deliberately planned many days or even weeks ago.

The attack yesterday on the melee effort has caused severe damage to many a smasher moral. I regret to tell you that very thousands in dollars of a lead have been lost. In addition, shots have indeed been fired.

Skullgirls has, therefore, undertaken a surprise offensive extending throughout the internet. The facts of yesterday speak for themselves. The people of melee and smashboards have already formed their opinions and well understand the implications to the safety of the melee effort.

No matter how long it may take us to overcome this premeditated assualt, the smash people in their righteous might will win through to absolute victory.

I believe that the people will not only defend ourselves to the uttermost, but will make it very certain that a form of community drive shall never again endanger us.

Hostilities exist. There is no blinking at the fact that our effort, our game, and our interests are in grave danger of not being into evo.

With confidence in our paychecks, with the unbounding determination of our skills, we will gain the inevitable triumph -- so help us Fox.

I ask that the smashboards declare that since the community drive by skullgirl representatives on Thursday, January 24th, 2013, a state of "ITS ON!" should exist between the melee folloers and the skullgirls representatives.

A rip off of the FDR speech. Meant entirely in good fun and no one should be idiotic enough to be stupid at this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom