• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - EVO 2013 (Breast Cancer Research Drive) Melee @ Evo2k13 Donation Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slashy

Smash Lord
I also bring up Project:M because I wonder if the Skullgirls fans would consider that and indie game and believe it should be allowed at EVO

Crispy4001

Smash Ace
Melee is like a less janky Project M
Lets not diminish Project M's efforts here. It's come a long way since the first demo release. Got a few kinks, sure, but the largest and most significant of the 'janks' are gone.

EDIT: Just noticed the request to keep PM talk elsewhere. I'll make this my last.

Gea

Smash Master
Lets not diminish Project M's efforts here. It's come a long way since the first demo release. Got a few kinks, sure, but the largest and most significant of the 'janks' are gone.
I'm not really trying to hate with my comment. It's amazing how far they have come, especially with what they started with, but my point was really that in lots of ways Project M is just a rougher, less polished in some ways Melee. So his hesitation to try Melee because it's a different game is a non-issue and I encourage him to try out the game.

And yeah, while they have taken out of a lot of the rough edges, the game still isn't quite smooth yet.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
My internet went out five minutes before the contest ended. I've been in the dark this whole till now, good stuff everyone.

D

Deleted member

Project Melee isn't really all that solid at the moment. I placed 4th at a P:M tournament last weekend and beat out some really prominent players without really knowing the game too well lol. My melee skills just transferred over.
Isn't that indicative of solid design?

Laijin

Smash Hero
Isn't that indicative of solid design?
Not starting a discussion with you. You don't know how to have one without making me overall dislike you more, and there not many people in this community I actually don't like.

Jebailey is the man. That guy has done pretty great things for the FGC and he says hes entering melee at EVO.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
So Melee wins and the first thing they do is bash Brawl (and P:M for that regard)... uhh...

DaRabidDuckie

Smash Rookie
I've met some pretty damn smelly people in both camps. >.>

Jebailey's awesome. He's a shameless self-promoter, but his mark on the FGC is undeniable. He's a good friend, and I'd go out of my way to help him. I wouldn't be surprised if Melee was at CEO this year. I mod sticks at every CEO, so if any of you guys go there, be sure to drop by the modding table and say hi. Just look for a guy with an eye patch. I'm blind in one eye (soldering accident) and it's really sensitive to light, so I have to keep it covered.

Oh, and I wish you guys luck on your quest for legitimacy with the rest of the FGC. It's an uphill battle, and trying to get it from the SRK community is like going to the Vatican to argue that Buddhism is a legitimate religion. It's just not happening, so I'd avoid the trouble. Just show up to EVO, play your game, and wow us. It happened to KOF13, and it can happen to you guys, too.

lalso im not familiar with fgc, who exactly is mr. wizard?
One of the founders of SRK and of EVO. Pretty much the head honcho.

El Duderino

Smash Ace
Oh, and I wish you guys luck on your quest for legitimacy with the rest of the FGC. It's an uphill battle, and trying to get it from the SRK community is like going to the Vatican to argue that Buddhism is a legitimate religion.
The bad lot of them them just buy into the the mantra that Smash is a shallow, immature game that doesn't belong in their highly competitive scene.

It's all pretty hilarious to read when you consider Melee's 11 year age and how competitive we were with this donation drive.

Laijin

Smash Hero
I've met some pretty damn smelly people in both camps. >.>

Jebailey's awesome. He's a shameless self-promoter, but his mark on the FGC is undeniable. He's a good friend, and I'd go out of my way to help him. I wouldn't be surprised if Melee was at CEO this year. I mod sticks at every CEO, so if any of you guys go there, be sure to drop by the modding table and say hi. Just look for a guy with an eye patch. I'm blind in one eye (soldering accident) and it's really sensitive to light, so I have to keep it covered.

Oh, and I wish you guys luck on your quest for legitimacy with the rest of the FGC. It's an uphill battle, and trying to get it from the SRK community is like going to the Vatican to argue that Buddhism is a legitimate religion. It's just not happening, so I'd avoid the trouble. Just show up to EVO, play your game, and wow us. It happened to KOF13, and it can happen to you guys, too.

One of the founders of SRK and of EVO. Pretty much the head honcho.
I've probably met you before, seeing as how I've been to the first two CEOs. Jebailey does know how to run a tournament very well/efficiently.

I do agree though. I don't think we should force people to try and like our game, but rather get new interest in the game. I'm really hoping the game reaches out to all of the 100,000 stream monsters and people in attendance and they get interested enough to participate in local tournaments around the world.

BrandX

Smash Ace
Maximilian made a video about Smash @ Evo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60O5rscOfuY

Max does a lot of production stuff for new players to get into fighting games competitively. Having him send us support in a video like that is awesome. :)
Meh, personally I'm kinda of upset he basically blew off the PM I sent him a long time ago. He either wanted to stay netrual, didn't see it or didn't care for SG which makes me sad :(

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
Meh, personally I'm kinda of upset he basically blew off the PM I sent him a long time ago. He either wanted to stay netrual, didn't see it or didn't care for SG which makes me sad :(
As far as I know, max loves skullgirls, but I'm sure he wanted to stay neutral, being one of most frequent content creators of the FGC, having him publicly saying to vote on one game would probably be unfair.

El Duderino

Smash Ace
Bingo, staying neutral was it.

UMR | donmk

RIP PM
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom