• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melbourne University - Manifest Brawl Tournament (Grand Final Weekend)

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I'm running it!

Hellz yeaaaaaaa...

In a threate with hundreds of spectotors

Helllzlzlzlzlzz yeaaaaaaaaaa

128-man bracket - hellzzzzzz yeaaaaa :grin:

items, single elim and gay stages HELLLLLLZZZZZ YEAAAAAAAAA!! :crazy:

will update with real info soon

Hawthorn winning the grand final on Saturday and epic Brawl tourney on a Sunday ~ could a weekend get any sweeter?

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
accidental-u-smash-to-trophy-combo here we come!
I must admit I almost p!ssed myself at this statement.

Count me in, any smash tourney is worth playing in for fun.
How do we...what's the word...registrate? lulz

edit: oh nvm Cao posted like 20 url's of the site. Don't mind me.

edit2: wtf Sept 26-28th? I'll be in Qld then. hmph.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I already said this in the QBB thread.
>.<

What I said in regards to Queensland Brawl Buddies said:
I never thought I'd have to deal with clashing tournament dates in Australia. **** Manifest. What's more, if I bring the tournament forward, it clashes with Animania in Brisbane. I'm not particularly worried about that, only that the clash in dates there could hurt our chances of random people coming to our tournament.

And since Cao is running the manifest tournament, I'm pretty sure that means he won't be coming. At least on the current date.

So it's either bring the tournament forward by a week, or push it back by a week (In which case Jei Jei would miss out anyway because of his Japan trip).

I'll leave it to Caotique and Jei. If they can confirm that they could come one week early, then I'll pull the tourney date back one week.

Otherwise the date will remain as is.

I already understand that Cao has financial concerns for the plane ticket, and that Jei needs monies for Japan. So if you guys want to cancel on the tournament, nobody could blame you.

: /

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I didn't realise until J informed me last night - that truely does suck because I was pretty sure I could have gone to QBB, although J and I are in the same boat with pending international flights we need to save for.

I regret not being able to attend, but there's surely going to be another one down the track in which I'll happily gather the crew to come to. This will especailly be the case if QBB is a raging success, the Melbourne Smash crew would be as keen as ever to hit up the GC.

For the time being I'll focus on building up the scene down here. Manifest will be good for Melbourne - It'll convert more scrubs into semi-pros. We can all practice our commentary skills and scrub tourneys are fun lol.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Hey, it's all good.

I definitely look forward to the time when we can see a Melbourne crew come up again. Maybe over the Uni break then?

In the mean time, I'll be looking at different events to promote Brawl. Animania, an anime convention happens a week before the tournament, and we might be able to run something there.

Though, I'd have to get in contact with them pretty soon.
Probably run a 4 way FFA single elim tourney with Items : D

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Saturday
Morning - Smash Bros Brawl
Time: 10.30am - 2pm
R1 - 4 MAN FFA, ALL ITEMS MEDIUM, ALL STAGES, 3 stock, 4 Minute time limit
R2 - 4 MAN FFA, ALL ITEMS LOW, ALL STAGES, 3 stock, 4 minute time limit
SF - 4 MAN FFA, ALL ITEMS LOW/ex. Smash Ball, STARTER RANDOM STAGE, 3 stock, 4 minute time limit
F - 1 V 1, No items, SMASHVILLE, 3 stock, 4 minute time limit

Late Afternoon/Evening - Soul Calibur 4
Double or single elimination (double means you get a second chance if you get beaten) depending on time and signups. Yoda/Vader and Algol banned. Apprentice is okay. Unsure which console we'll be using as of yet, but it's likely that we'll use whatever console has arcade sticks we can provide on the day.

Sunday
Morning - Naruto Shippuuden: Gekitou Ninja Taisen EX 2
Will be 2v2, at least in the early rounds, depending on time and number of entrants.

Late Afternoon/Evening - Guilty Gear XX Accent Core
Double or single elimination (double means you get a second chance if you get beaten) depending on time and signups.

Zant3tsuken

Smash Journeyman
Sure you wanna go 4 player FFA for final? Might be more epic to have the winner of the last two FFA matches to fight for final. :)

Everence

Smash Apprentice
oh man, this is one of those cosplay convention thingies isn't it? last one was weird and this is bound to be the same. i'll skip this one out :p

CATS

Smash Journeyman
cao time to fix up your rules slightly based on knowledge and experience with items + time limit.

first of all you have all items in early stages. instead you should have all items EXCEPT heart, maxim tomato, starman and stopwatch (stalling items in time is fail especially with nubs who WILL camp and not approach each other, the stopwatch slows everyone dramatically but doesn't slow the clock which ends up making sudden death gayness)

oh and keep items on medium for round 2 considering the ammount of people you have to get through. (you REALLY dont want to sit through the full 4 min games of 2 people not approaching each other)

also rather than having all items on when you hit third round, instead you should have them set low (as you do) but with all off except for the smash ball which is what alot of those non tourney smash players want to see in smash. this should also make for more exciting final matches too as the only items going off will be players who grab the super and do a publishers clearing house (oh nintendo and your terms lol)

and finally for the 4th round please choose a stage that has a more epic feel to it rather than smashville, as even though it's fair it really lacks the feel of the final stage that's needed for this scrub tourney. choose a neutral one that has more of a feel to it lol.

please consider my suggestions cao, the rest of your rules are really good :3

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
I went to this and was disappointed :(

Thought it was gunna be 1v1, no items, 3 stock and neutral stage.
Instead it was FFA 4 players, all items on and meh stages...

Didnt realise there was gunna be 1v1 later on or i wouldve gone -__-

Next Year will you be hosting another tournament?
Will there be 1v1?

Top Bottom