• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melbourne Social - N2C on thursday, anyone?

isthattim?

Smash Ace
There should be four of us participating at the Mother's Day Classic this Sunday morning.

Tim needed deets for this; here it is: http://mothersdayclassic.com.au/event/vic/melbourne#course

You have to wake up early as **** for this as registration starts from 6.15am and the 8km race starts at 8am. So if you want to make things easier, want to meet at Flinders Street Station at 6.45am?

Totally understand if you decide to change your mind, but it'll be hella fun, and missing out anything i do really sucks
urgh, they're doing it in waves. have to go time myself/see if i can still make 8 km

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
You'll be fine! Remember, I'll make anyone running the marathon look good!

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
So we've made a zombie crew, a dancing crew, a snow crew, a marathon crew, now it's time for a rockclimbing crew! I'll be sending out invitations on FB as well as posting the information here, so you can be assured that there will be a nice turnout to wall-bash each other, as their belayers below fail them.

Essential details:
When: This Sunday, 11am (will go for a good chunk of the afternoon)
Where: Hardrock, Swanston Street Melbourne (close to Melbourne Central Station)
Cost: $29 Adult, $27 Uni student, $18 under 18's.

If you've never done indoor rockclimbing before (and you should because it's great fun), don't worry! "As a new person into Hardrock, it is important that we make sure that you are safe, as such every new person must undergo a FREE safety instruction."

Questions? Just fire away.

Yall should have my number: 0466-352-145.

FB event version to go up soon.

http://www.hardrock.com.au/default.asp

~ Cao

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86
What is FB?

I might come to this, more for the sake of doing something social then anything else (I'll have to get used to heights somehow I guess lol)

Sieg

Smash Champion
What is FB?

I might come to this, more for the sake of doing something social then anything else (I'll have to get used to heights somehow I guess lol)
Facebook.

I wanna go do some of this stuff. : (

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Tak, you should go! I'm going to make Sam go; that's an event highlight in itself :p

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Come down and playyyyyyyy Zero! <3 This was Attila's idea but I offered to organise it so that more people would go, lol

QLD's got an ace clubbing crew though and NSW has the bowling crew (which happens almost every month lol), so at least they have that over us.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
YES to all of the above! :D :D :D

... and we have 6 confirmed for rockclimbing so far, weeew

tibs7

Smash Champion
attila going to the gym before rock climbing to make his muscles looks bigger whilst climbing......silly boy.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
maybe he plans to scare the wall into submission with his bulging biceps
nah one of the chicks from work is going into a fitness competition, and she asked me this morning if we can do some sessions together. she's a fair beast, and hella dedicated, so naturally i agreed. pretty sure we'll just be doing jumps on sunday, though.

@tibor: thats stupid. you can't climb when you're tired.

Vermy

Smash Champion
Thinking of hosting a SSFIV meet at mine within the next week. I have a 360 and an arcade stick, possibly a second if I can get it back from repairs. If anyone is interested, plz speak up.

Thundermistress

BRoomer
BRoomer
Tak, why not just meet there? It's not that hard to get to and if anyone's been before they can start climbing without the intro.

I'd also rather an earlier start there rather than waiting for everyone to show up as I'd rather be there before it gets too busy. :]

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Reminder for everyone tomorrow - 11am at Hardrock Melbourne!

Expected attendance 10-12 people

See you there <3

Forte4Tei

Smash Apprentice
i'm not coming now, just had tennis then and it's killed my quads

yeah and the night before i had some wrist pain in fencing and i thought it'd be gone but it's still there

sucks :(

Dekar289

Smash Hero
fencing and tennis... you're like pierce brosnan
all this 1v1 idk how you're not best melee player in the world lol
are you just not trying
ultimate sacrifice, like jesus... i think i love you forte

Forte4Tei

Smash Apprentice
lol you know i've actually had this choking in matches problem and it still hasn't gone away

Tennis - losing when i was 5-4 match point ages ago was the biggest one, but other than that i find it hard to end matches in general or hold on to leads
Fencing - 4-2 up and one more point would have won but a combination of bad luck and bad reffing and probably not thinking probably failed me
Smash - lol

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
I'm working every day of my life now - life sucks xD. I'd love to come...but sadly I'm not only unable, but far too awesome at this kind of thing and it'd embarrass you guys xD. Have fun and thanks for invite :)

Top Bottom