• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melbourne - Comrades 2 Videos are up

LemonManX

Smash Lord
I am sure there is enough love in my wallet to help donate to paying Ken's way... generally money works better, and I'm not entirely sure how much of that I'll have.

Sloth

Smash Ace
I know for myself I won't have much extra cash to donate. I will be spending all my money on material items over summer in preparation for next year + personal reasons.

At most I could give $20 dollars, but no more. I am sorry, but I don't have much money in itself to make it over, plus with all the MM I want to do :)

If I don't get a job over summer, I won't even be able to go. So yeah. :( Sorry.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Has anyone got an official venue yet?

Or can anyone gimme the location of possible ones?

linkapprentice

Smash Apprentice
Why don't we pray to God that Ken comes over XD

Church is not on. I just spoke to Freddo about it and he said it was off. He's looking at another place atm.

Get that Rat

Smash Lord
Do you think a PCYC would do good? We used it in SQUAT3 and it turned out over spacious. But then again there was only 15 of us.

freddo

Smash Journeyman
Church is not on. But, news of a bigger and better and cheaper venue. Gonna check it out next time I have the chance. Not sure when that will be since exams are coming up in 2 weeks. This place is near Anf's house (I think) and it has hosted lan parties before. It's located across the road from a station, across the road from fast food, toilets, the lot. I heard that the dudes who organised the lan parties slept there for two nights with sleeping bags/pillows on the ground. Pretty sweet. A giant smash tourney sleep over. If you wanna google map it -

Melbourne, Victoria
Venue: 46, Main Hurstbridge rd.
Diamond Creek.
VIC

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Oooof, if we cn have everyone housed at the venue FC stylez we'll have it made.

freddo

Smash Journeyman
Yea I'm really excited about this place. Knowing me, I'll check it out this weekend instead of studying. I've also got in contact with the lan party organiser but I can't log into MSN to give you the details Cao coz this pc (Uni) is being a brat!

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Hmmm, for some reason flights from LAX to MEL are astronomical in January ($2000+). Bye bye Ken. :)

LemonManX

Smash Lord
Sucks to hear about the church, but this new idea for a venue sounds a billion times better. Plus I won't have to worry about putting myself deeper into God's bad books :laugh: anyway. Having a huge smash sleep over? Lol, sounds great... can't wait to hear how it goes man, good luck.

LemonManX

Smash Lord
Because at some point in time I must have cast "Slow" sorry, my bad... I'd undo it but I'm all outta MP so we'll have to sit tight and wait for it to wear off naturally.

Sloth

Smash Ace
But by casting slow, it also triggered the cooldown of Wii release, coupled with holiday season.
So I won't complain much.

Man the idea of everyone sleeping over for at least a night will be cool. I don't see myself getting much sleep, and like a lan, I'll just take a crapload of energy drinks and feel really sick.

Hope it goes well this weekend. And Freddo, you aiming for a friday/sat/sun thing? or a sat/sun?

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
If this sleeping thing works out, Imma pull all the plugs so people can get some sleep.

Get that Rat

Smash Lord
Even the light plugs? <3 woowowoooooooooooooooo.

How much is the venue, do all of us have to chip in for this?

LemonManX

Smash Lord
Sleep? What is this "sleep" you people speak of... that is how familar with sleep I will be if this thing turns into a "spend a night at the venue" thing.

Get that Rat

Smash Lord
*Splits your head open with a baseball bat* That's sleep *****.

I'm a boy that treasures my sleep.
How big is the venue Freddo?

Sloth

Smash Ace
Man, pulling the plugs would be lame. Just turn sound off and leave a few TV's on :D

I know in my case, I always have a real difficult time falling asleep, so instead I may just stay up till like 6am smashing if people would want to join me.

Its not like I got any sleep before seat1. Crazy Mark. Or more then 1 hour sleep before seat2. **** insomnia. But anyway...... stuff happens, things occurs, we don't even know if we have to venue.

Also, I'm looking for more MM's, so just say anyone. :)

Radiance

Smash Journeyman
anyway, is this being hosted ON or before the 27th, as lots of people want it before, as do I, but either way not a big deal.

would just like to have confirmation asap.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Well those who travel out of state usually stay in Melbourne for 3-7 days, although those who stay for 3 complain it isn't long enough, especailly if you want to see some things or visit people.

kewl_niven

Smash Journeyman
I would probably stay for at least 5 days, depends on how much money I have, how long people are willing to put up with me in their house and probably how long bringer stays. >_>

LemonManX

Smash Lord
Even though I live 2 hours away I think I'll stay for a few days, I have good friends I want to catch up and a Muse concert to go to... so I'd probably be down for a week or so.

Top Bottom