• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melbourne - Comrades 2 Videos are up

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
^^^
That's what I thought. If that can't happen, I'm sure we'd be able to send him the money somehow =/.

LemonManX

Smash Lord
Well, I'd love to donate to the "Mic-to-Melbourne" fund... but I need to gets a new job first, then I'll see how my money goes, I should be able to spare about $15 or so... its not much, but its a contribution.

kewl_niven

Smash Journeyman
If we have no way of getting the money to Mic, and I have the funds, I'll pay for his ticket and you lot can pay me instead ^_^.
I already have enough money to pay for Mic's whole trip, plus mine. >_> But I got screwed by 2 speeding fines in 1 day. (Ouch >_<) I should still have well over $1000 plus I should be getting a job soon. But I plan on getting a DS soon, plus extra Wii stuff. Hmm... I'll have to see how things will work out.

*Donates $10 minimum for Mic*

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Wow...guys....if I make it over there I'm going to have to feel like I've got to do something awsome so you feel like I was worth it :p

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
Wow...guys....when I make it over there I'm going to have to feel like I've got to do something awsome so you feel like I was worth it :p
Fix'd.

And no, no pressure. Just the extra competition is worth it =].

KK, can you talk to Nessbounder to try to get him to come aswell?

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
Yes, but his real name is Shannon Berthelot: he's going to steal from us and give ... to himself >_>.

N30N

Smash Apprentice
stealing from niven to give to mic?

keke

SKILL UP KIDS CHRISTMAS IS COMING

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
"We're hanging our memory cards up over the fireplace. Then Santa comes during te night and levels up our characters and gets us rare gear."

Forblaze, as long as there's tight tights involve.... :p

King Kong

Smash Lord
Fix'd.

And no, no pressure. Just the extra competition is worth it =].

KK, can you talk to Nessbounder to try to get him to come aswell?

I doubt he'd come, he spends his time on devientart wriitng comics, though he PM'd me the other day and said that he still trains sometimes. I'll try and get in touch anyways.

peace out

linkapprentice

Smash Apprentice
And only 6 days till the Americans finally get hold of the Wii!

And only 22 days till we Aussies finally get the Wii!

And only 36 days till Jaz's smash fest!

And only 40 days till Xmas!

LemonManX

Smash Lord
"We're hanging our memory cards up over the fireplace. Then Santa comes during te night and levels up our characters and gets us rare gear."
He does indeed, but he doesn't get happy when he finds out I cheat lol.

GAH! This tournament needs to hurry up and come lol.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Edit - NVM, the date is officially set to be 27 January 2007
Sorry for the confusion. This date will stick.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Edit - NVM, the date is officially set to be 27 January 2007
Sorry for the confusion. This date will stick.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Sorry for scaring you, it's going to be the 27th of January, 2007. This date will be here to stay. I was only experimenting with dates to better understand who could make it or not, but we'll need you here Scrubs! You're a priority. This calls for a registration page. (arranges one with Nealdt)

Ive updated the first post!

I've made a new rule just for Sloth:
"1. Any unnecessary pausing or stalling of the game will result in a forfeit of that single game (this includes the Ice Climber Infinite damaging beyond 200% = CAOTIC’s stupid rule)."

COMRADES OF THE ANFOLOGY
JANUARY 27, 2007 - MELBOURNE

2 entries found for Comrade.
com•rade Audio pronunciation of "Comrade" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (kmrd, -rd)
n.

1. A person who shares one's interests or activities; a friend or companion.
2. often Comrade A fellow member of a group, especially a fellow member of the Communist Party.
SEAT was a thing of the past. Now that I’ve come back from the land of bold and excess, it's to do things the American way - or should I say the Soviet way. Things are gearing up for the latest Australian Tournament and things are going to be different. All lovers of the Canfovism must come to this tournament and engage in rituals involving rigourous spooning, bailouts, johns, and a general love for all things Anf related.

Tournament Directors | CAOTIC - Freddo

EVENTS -
Singles (Seeded 4 man pools, best 2 competitors will advance into the finals double elimination bracket)
Doubles (Seeded Standard Double elimination tournament)
Regular 4-5 man crews (Standard Double elimination tournament)
A special Victoria vs. Australian All-Stars Crew Battle

LOCATION INFO/MAPS/SCHEDULE -
Coming soon

HOUSING -
Contact me via PM, AIM, MSN or call me on my cell number USA:1(714)-421-3710, AUS:039884-1883 to make arrangements. Supply is likely to be limited so it is recommended to consider organizing your own accommodation.

ENTRY COSTS -
Singles ($20 per person)
Doubles ($10 per person)
Crews (Free, on the condition you enter singles and crews)
Victoria vs. Australian All-Stars (Free, on the condition you enter singles and crews)

POT DISTRIBUTION -
Singles (1st = 60%, 2nd = 30%, 3rd = 10%)
Doubles (1st = 60%, 2nd = 30%, 3rd = 10%)

CONTACT INFORMATION -
For additional information, feel free to contact CAOTIC/David on: USA:1(714)-421-3710, AUS:039884-1883
email: dacao@ucsd.edu

RULES (STREAMLINED FROM MLG -

Stage & Character Selection

1. The stage for Game 1 will be selected at random unless both players/teams can agree on a stage. After the stage has been randomly selected each player/team may call for a reset. Each player/team can only call for a reset once during a series. If a reset is called, another stage must be randomly selected. The stage that was first selected can’t be randomly selected again, but is still available for a counter pick.
2. Singles random select stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland 64 & Pokemon Stadium
3. Doubles random select stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Rainbow Cruise, Dreamland 64 & Pokemon Stadium, DK64
4. Stages not listed on the random select list that are not banned are open for counter picks by the losing player.
5. Stages banned for Singles Only: Great Bay and Mushroom Kingdom 2
6. Stages banned for Doubles Only: Fountain of Dreams and Mute City
7. Stages banned for Singles & Doubles: Yoshi’s Island (Pipes), Fourside, Hyrule
Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64, Peach’s Castle, and Kongo Jungle, Onett.
8. No stage may be used twice in a Best of 3 or Best of 5 Series.
9. After characters have been selected for the first game, each player/team may choose to knock out one stage. Stages that are knocked out won’t be used during the series. Random select stages can’t be knocked out. The lower seeded player/team must make their knockout selection first. Once the first game has started, stages can’t be knocked out.
10. After each game of a series, the player who lost the previous game may choose the stage for the next game or elect for it to be chosen randomly. After the stage has been selected, the winner of the previous game may change characters. After the winner has chosen their character, the loser of the previous game may change characters.
11. For the first game of a series, a player may call for a double-blind pick. This means that all participating players must tell a judge the character they will use for that game. Each player is required to use that character in the game.
12. During Championship Bracket competitions, players may ask for a double-blind pick during games four and five of a series. Players must call for the pick after the loser of the previous game has chosen the next game’s stage.
13. If the players/teams meeting in the Finals have not yet faced each other in a series and the team coming from the Losers Bracket wins the first series, another series must be played to break the tie since both players/teams would only have one series loss.
Other Rules & Special Issues
1. Any unnecessary pausing or stalling of the game will result in a forfeit of that single game (this includes the Ice Climber Infinite damaging beyond 200% = CAOTIC’s stupid rule).
2. Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them (Mewtwo's Soul Stunner, the Ice Climber freeze glitch), or any glitch or trick that freezes the game or makes it unable to be finished are banned and will result in the immediate forfeit of the entire match.
3. Tactics such as Peach's Wallbombing and Jiggly's Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery or to maneuver around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match, such as dropping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, is banned. If by using one of these tactics, you have put your character in a place to lose a stock by ending the tactic, a judge may force you to stop and lose a life and continue the match short a stock.
4. Players/teams may designate a coach when they register for a competition, however, this coach may not be registered as a player for either a Singles or Doubles competition. Coaches may not instruct players during games, but may consult with players for a maximum of 1 minute between games. Once the stage for the next game has been selected, players may not talk to their coach.
5. For Doubles matches, Team Attack is ON.
6. For Doubles matches, life stealing is allowed.
7. Throughout the tournament, sets will be best of three, and championship finals best of five.
8. The tournament will use a double elimination open (and seeded) bracket.

I will need people to supply TV’s, Gamecubes/Wiis and copies of SSBM. I will be making high quality videos of this event.

Be on the lookout for possible special guests from the United States!

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
I like the coaching rule. Is it in place to prevent crew members from yelling out "dude, he's playing Sheik, just upthrow to upair him lots" or something?

The only rules I have a beef with and would like to change -

Rule 3 in the special rules is ambiguous. Peach's Wallbombing and Jiggly's Rising Pound are obviously good recovery techniques. However, the way you worded that rule to me sounds like 'If you are wallbombing with Peach at a point where you can recover, BUT "your character [is] in a place to lose a stock by ending the tactic, a judge may force you to stop and lose a life" '.

*Hates ambiguity in English, **** that language*

The other problem I have is with rule 2. (First, it was an accident pausing against Sloth at OHN5, I swear it! >_<) From what I've seen on the backroom discussion, if the Ice Climber infinite is broken out of at 200% there is a chance that the enemy could survive the next Climber attack. Therefore, by going past 200% would not be stalling and would legitimately be ensuring that the opponent can't survive the next attack.

I'm pretty sure we agreed apon 300% in the Broom. But, you are Tournament Host, so the final decision is yours.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
The coaching rule is to stop outsiders giving players specific advice during a match. Yes rule 3 is ambiguous, but that's MLG for you. Who knows where to draw the line between stalling and recovering, but the rule is trying to imply if you are stalling rather then actively trying to recover, you are to lose the stock.

Rule 2 - The Ice Climber is not likely to mess up (based on my 1st hand observations of the tactic) if they can infinite up to 200%, and a follow up Smash is guaranteed to kill on any stage. Anything significantly beyond that (like 300%) will be considered stalling in books.

jazblack009

Smash Ace
i think rule 2 is only meant for sloth cuz sloth is the only that uses IC's tourny wise... lol not that youn paused it by accident ryan XD
as for accomadation... umm i havn't the foggiest. i think we should start adressing that now... who wants to house, how many people, ect. i know cao was setting up his house or something, or we could go 20th's on a motel room :p

Scrubs

Smash Lord
Thankgod its on the 27th/28th. I was totally scared. I may have still been able to come but i really wasn't looking forward to choosing between the most awesome Big Day Out line up ever and smash in melbourne. I probably would have gone insane weighing up which would be more fun.

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
OK ok ok.... So is it just on the 27th? Or on the 28th as well? Because 28th is Melbourne's BDO and I really want it to be my first. *Panics*

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yes rule 3 is ambiguous, but that's MLG for you
Copout!!! Don't blame MLG, improve on it =D. At Yuna's tournament, there was an upper limit on the number of wallbombs that could be used during recovery (something like 10 or 15).

I'm interested now, if someone uses 'x' stalling technique, then how do I complain? Do I call over witnesses while I'm playing? Do I specifically call over a tournament host and get them to watch the rest of the match? There's only so many official tournament helpers, I can't expect one to be free to watch an entire match while I'm playing it.

jazblack009

Smash Ace
Modern thinking right there, if it sucks improve on it!
But in that sense, if austalian smash hasn't improved much since you left cao, we can just say:
thats australian smash for you ^_^
lol who are the official tournament helpers? freddo?

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I can guarantee just about everyone has gotten better since last time I played.

Bringer - OK, I'll make changes for those rules. 300% infinite limit for IC's and 10 wallbombs/rising pounds. I doubt any of these rules will come in effect but if you see it comeand tell me.

Sloth

Smash Ace
Yeah. I like the rules. Especially my own special one ^_^
I highly doubt I'll even be doing the IC infinite anyway, I just don't like do it. I've never been one who cared about words like cheap/honour, but the infinite really doesn't suit me.

Hey Cao, think it is worth making a list on the first post of the people travelling into melbourne + who still needs housing.
Just incase a few melbourne people can help out while having a list makes it easy to tell who still needs somewhere.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
This is Shaz! OK start saving up you guys. I want a money match with every man and his dog at this tourney. $20 at very least per match. You have plenty of time to save it up + get good enough to beat me so no Johns. I'll make this tourney all I can but in return I want people to money match me ok? I'm 12% american now.
Shaz I'll MM you $20.

Top Bottom