• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melbourne: Computer Games Boot Camp 2010 ~ Monash, Clayton ~ July 4-9th

C~Dog

Smash Champion
http://www.infotech.monash.edu.au/promotion/games-boot-camp/2010/

This is an opportunity for Year 9 to Year 12 students to attend a Computer Games Boot Camp.

The Games Boot Camp is a 7 day event on everything connected to computer games.

If you are interested in becoming a professional gamer, building and designing games or simply enjoy playing games this event is for you.
This is an event that is running from the 3-9th of July at Monash University, Clayton Campus. I am volunteering to help out at the event, and the organiser, Andrew Owen, has said that I will be able to run Brawl at the event. We're talking a full theater room, with hundreds of kids able to play over the week.

I am looking for some people to help run the event. If you are avaliable between 9:30am and 5:30pm on any of the days between the 4th and 9th of July and want to help out, please post here.

This is a great potential way to get more people interested in Smash. Also, Andrew said he would be able to arrange advertising for our monthlies as well.

If you can help out any of the days, please let me know! This could be what our community needs to get revitalised again!

Also, if you are a Year 9-12, I encourage you to attend CG Boot Camp! It is a fantastic experience that you don't want to miss out on!

Forte4Tei

Smash Apprentice
I remember this was on last year as well so sounds awesome!

Edit: I can help with this if you really need people, because I'm not a brawl player or anything =/

Dekar289

Smash Hero
i remember reading a brochure on this earlier in the year
looked so so bad

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Hey guys turns out that people like smash.

Like, 100+ people like it.

And there were some decent players there too.

And now i'm running it for the next four days.

Yayy.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Good work Conor =).

Keep up the good work recruiting, Melbourne scene needs to grow again. I'll try to help out if i get a spare day off. Recruit more girls of there's any at the event too, we need more of those.

Forte4Tei

Smash Apprentice
haha nice work!

I live only 20 mins away so I'll help on any day if you need =p

DjChopper24

Smash Cadet
You did a great job today, Conor. A lot of people were confused, unhappy and didn't know what they were fighting for yesterday. But today was awesomely run, and we're looking forward for tomorrow's Brawls!

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
conner your not doing it bootcamp enough, people need to play under various conditions like handcuffed, blindfolded, on fire etc, with harsh punishments for failure.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Actually I found out today that no Brawl will be run tomorrow. So people planning to come just for that, sorry but there's no point. D:

DjChopper24

Smash Cadet
Derp, well that's annoying. Erm, one of the players is taking his N64 with Smash Bros tomorrow, so hopefully there will be some form of Smashing at some point in the day.

Conor, will you still be there just for the heck of it?

Top Bottom