• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meh, my Lucario's starting to feel spammy.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Yeah, I know what you mean. Try consciously doing moves that you normally wouldn't. It will usually throw the opponent off-guard enough to get them hit, enable you to use a move with no decay, and help you stay focused and thinking throughout the match. There's a HUGE difference between my spamfests and the matches where I think "Lets try ____ now"

h4rdcor3

Smash Journeyman
That is exactly the way I use to feel. I have to think about throwing in other moves to keep me from becoming too predictable. I have started throwing in a lot more up and forward tilts. Along with approaching with bair to mix things up.

Rh1thmz

Smash Journeyman
Don't forget throwing in some Aura Spheres for its multiple purposes ^.^

But yeah, also, every rare once in a while, you can get away with a force palm grab, but usually, you just get punished for it...=\

tedward2000

Smash Champion
I fair waaaayyyyyy too much, But I don't feel spammy. Course, I'm also doing other things off of it constantly.

But, actually try playing another character for a little bit, like Marth or what not. Don't go to MK, you'll just get addicted.

Play with them for a bit, learn some of their approaches, go back to Lucairo and try to incorporate those into your move set.

Maybe you'll find something new, maybe not.
-t2

tedward2000

Smash Champion
How do you approach with Bair? Isn't the point of Bair that it's behind you?
You can turn yourself around in the air, just wiggle the stick a bit, and lucario will turn around, then you can Bair no problem.

-t2

Trapt497

Smash Ace
yeah, i approach with b-air a lot like how t2 said. i also dash, pivot, SH or FH (with FH you can DI backwarsds) and then b-air but its risky with landing lag.

saki, i feel exactly the same way about my lucario. it seems like for me every other move i SH > fair > nair because its just too good ^.^ im trying to find more creative ways to approach but its hard when that^^ is too goodz

M@v

Subarashii!
Aura sphere spam is your friend...you can't use it too much really. I ALWAYS have a charged sphere ready. Just mix it up as best as you can...Lucario has a GREAT set of aerials...use them all :D

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
No such thing as being spammy with aerials if you're spacing well and are not getting punished. Just don't get predictable...but hey if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Practice Shield-Canelling your AC and use moves out of that, find more uses for FTilt, try Ledge tactics.

manhunter098

Smash Lord
F-air > Aura Sphere
F-air > F-air > Aura Sphere
Start using b-air a bit more for approaches Ive finally started to integrate it into my game and it makes an excellent approach against an opponent who is already in the air if you space it properly.
F-smash spam is never so much a bad thing as long as you know when its safe and you arent getting punished for it. Though it could certainly HELP to try other stuff.

Add d-tilt to your game a bit. I dont see many Lucario's use this move much at all, but its really very good, though it tends to be difficult to effectively follow up in most cases where you will actually land it, and the damage isnt too great, but its speed and the size of the hitbox for it make it a useful move overall. The only time I would really recommend using f-tilt instead of d-tilt would be if you are angling f-tilt upwards, or you want the added benefit of that second hitbox to fake out your opponent.

And yeah, canceling your Aura Sphere charge into a OOS (insert whatever you can do OOS here). It has so much potential mindgame use against anyone who is approaching you without the aid of a projectile.

Silvran

Smash Apprentice
I've been having the same problem as the TC. I've been limiting myself in matches to not using the moves I spam, such as f-smash. It's helped my timing, and is quite fun since it forces me to think constantly.

Trapt497

Smash Ace
i still dont get how some of you somehow connect a f-air > AS...it makes no sense to me. then again i havent tried it much

how often do you use it, manhunter? is it good? does it hit often?

davizinho

Smash Apprentice
fair to nair is a necessity for lucario users. and fsmashing repeatedly is a good way to keep your opponent on the defensive in approaching. fsmashing at higher percents is just smart. it could be worse, you could be spamming aura sphere. furthermore, if it works, y stop?

TK Wolf

Smash Ace
i still dont get how some of you somehow connect a f-air > AS...it makes no sense to me. then again i havent tried it much
You know.. I've never once been able to land that offstage. I've done things like SHFair to reverse AS (fair past them as they shield), or fair to AS, but not in the combo sense (fair hit them away and they didn't react quick enough to 2nd jump or otherwise avoid the AS), but shooting an AS right after a fair has never ever worked for me.

There must be something about it that I'm not getting...

Fizzle

Smash Journeyman
I'd second finding uses for dtilt. Good range, fairly quick startup, and IASA frames. Dtilt-jab is mad fast and great for edgeguards. I find myself using dtilt for spacing much more often than ftilt now, since dtilt is safer on block.

I hate bair as an approach.

Donkey Bong

Smash Ace
F-air > Aura Sphere
F-air > F-air > Aura Sphere
Start using b-air a bit more for approaches Ive finally started to integrate it into my game and it makes an excellent approach against an opponent who is already in the air if you space it properly.
F-smash spam is never so much a bad thing as long as you know when its safe and you arent getting punished for it. Though it could certainly HELP to try other stuff.

Add d-tilt to your game a bit. I dont see many Lucario's use this move much at all, but its really very good, though it tends to be difficult to effectively follow up in most cases where you will actually land it, and the damage isnt too great, but its speed and the size of the hitbox for it make it a useful move overall. The only time I would really recommend using f-tilt instead of d-tilt would be if you are angling f-tilt upwards, or you want the added benefit of that second hitbox to fake out your opponent.

And yeah, canceling your Aura Sphere charge into a OOS (insert whatever you can do OOS here). It has so much potential mindgame use against anyone who is approaching you without the aid of a projectile.
what moves can lucario do OOS?

Top Bottom