• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Megaman Zero Mafia/Newbie 21! Game Over. Mafia Wins!

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Guys I appreciate that with players not being here it is hard to get things done.
On the other hand, you can question players who are here- just because some players are inactive doesn't mean you should do nothing.

@Gheb, if you had to choose the lynch right now, who would you pick and why?

@Rake: your #188 looks very fence-sit to me, is that fair? Have you played with Ori_bro before?

@Joey:[/B/ what's your read on Gheb?

@Joker-B: what's your read on BSP?

thanks guys

"Gheb looks alright. Although I honestly have trouble reading through the advice soo :/."

Null. I seriously can't read past the advice loool.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Vote LoliLovesRain

You've posted in the big brother thread so you haven't been afk or V/LA. Start playing and tell me what you think about Rake's behavior. Do you think he was trying to accomplish something or did you find something suspicious about him? Let's not stall this game any longer, what do we need a newbie game for if the newbies aren't even playing?

:059:

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
@Loli & Ori

Both of you have posted rather little and one of you is at L-2. What do you think about the current progress of this game? Are you OK with the fact that somebody is somewhat close to a lynch? What do you think of what Masquerain said about PJB?

I don't think we should be at L-2 on someone already since I haven't really been posting so you can't really get a full read list anyway and I don't think we should come to a conclusion before everyone talks.

I haven't necessarily been V/LA or AFK i'm always working but I work from home I just have a bunch of deadlines so I don't always go on here. I'll try to be more active though for sure sorry about that since inactivity doesn't help.

Masq makes really good points. I have PJB at null no one really as scum aside from badwolf because I've played with him before and he just always seems scummy =/
-What he said about Ori is possible since ori has posted but he hasn't really posted anything with substance. I'm going to leave ori as null though simply because I want hear more from him.

I feel like Kary is null/town based on his way of talking wrt Rake where he says ("I think he's acting on very little, and not taking things too seriously. For the time being I have him down as town because a) he doesn't seem to care how he looks that much, and b) he seems to be trying to create content. I could be wrong, but I don't think it's worth agonizing over his posts right now to try and get a surefire read on him." the way he's talking makes me think of him as town.

and I also feel like rake is town trying to put pressure on others even with the jumping around so much. I think he should probably stop jumping around and put pressure on either one or more specific people though.
I also, like how Gheb wants to let everyone talk before he gives out his list and that if anything he is willing to lynch someone that is inactive. I do agree that it's hard to read past the advice but it's fine.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
What about Badwolf makes him 'always look scummy'? Maybe it's not him but you ... but I'd still like to hear your explanation.

:049:

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
What about Badwolf makes him 'always look scummy'? Maybe it's not him but you ... but I'd still like to hear your explanation.

:049:
I don't think I can make someone seem scummy but i do realize if I go in with bias then I'm going to be biased in my judgments which is what I am trying to avoid. It doesn't help when he mentions how he's a bad towny and that this is the first time he's gotten town though. He's slightly playing like how he was in Newbie 19? I think it was where iirc he mentioned how he was town and the way he was playing was coming off as "newbtown". I also know this isn't the first time he has gotten town.

:118:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I can see why you find it annoying. I don't think it's enough to base a scumread on him at this point though, especially with the fact in mind that he responded to all the points Rake made [and some of those points look pretty worthless] and that he's supposedly your only scum read. I'm sure you can find something better than that.

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
No sorry Gheb I do not really have anything. Also, it didn't really have anything to do with his responses to Rake. I'll be back later tonight. I'm probably going to focus on the plushies since I need to finish one by tomorrow morning. I will re-read the thread though and let you know a full list of my thoughts. Be back in a bit either tonight or tomorrow depends on how fast I can do this.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
You don't have to do that right now. I'd just like to get you involved in the discussion.

In the meantime I'd like to hear some opinions from BSP. He's been starting strong but his activity leaves a lot to be desired, which is a pity considering how well he argued his points. Please tell us about your scumreads as soon as read this and try to back them up in the same manners you backed up your previous points.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
@Kary: I like BSP, I have him as a town lean. I've played one other game with him before and I feel like he thinks similar to me. So far in this game, I haven't seen him do anything to make me feel like he's scum. He's only been inactive the last few days cuz he was at WHOBO4. He told us that days ago.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
^ Cool

@Gheb: I would really like to hear your conclusions soon. I think we need to push a waggon soon and I'd like to hear your thoughts first, mostly because who you were looking to lynch (when I asked) didn't line up with who I was looking to lynch.

:pika:

From now on i don't plan to explain mafia terms as they come up as I believe you've all played in a newbie before. Things like 'waggons' and 'L-2' I'm just going to assume you're familiar with. If you do have any questions, though, feel free to ask me or Gheb, and we'll be sure to try and clear up any confusion you may have

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I'm going to bed now but I'll post my stuff tomorrow. Hope Ori and BSP get to post stuff until then.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
@MOD: Request Vote Count

I'm back guys and I'm here to reply to everything you wanted me to.

@Loli & Ori

Both of you have posted rather little and one of you is at L-2. What do you think about the current progress of this game? Are you OK with the fact that somebody is somewhat close to a lynch? What do you think of what Masquerain said about PJB?

Yeah, the activity of this game has been slow. No everyone has been posting. I am one of those on the guilty party. A lot has happened IRL and I haven't ben able to do much here. I'm ready to get back in this game though and have fun.

The current progress is bad, no one can make much out of anything because the lack of content is quite apparent. To answer your question about whether I'm ok with someone being at L-2. Right now I'm quite neutral on the fact that someone is at L-2 even after a little bit of a read through, I don't see much (Maybe I need to read more carefully again.

In regards to Joey's post on PJB, its kind of random. I didn't see much talk about him in the post. The vote kinda came out of left field to me. I want to go back and see if he gave any justification.

So where's Ori? Or anyone else, for that matter?

I agree that Masque's thoughts on Ori may very well be valid. I won't truly know what to think until Ori comes in here and responds to it.
I'm glad you missed me, I'm here ready to be helpful.

hoping this means being here soon.

Everyone else is everywhere else, doing everything else. Which is bad because activity kills small games sometimes, if anything we`ll end up reaching the deadline with little more than we have now , which would of course make lynching an absolute pain.

I really hope to see more activity soon, I know IRL comes first and i`m cool with that, so I`m hoping that activity will pick up soon or at least be more to work worth.
Yeah 2 of my best friend's birthdays were this past weekend so we were celebrating from Friday to Sunday.

I'm going to bed now but I'll post my stuff tomorrow. Hope Ori and BSP get to post stuff until then.

Gheb I am here ready to answer anything and everything you ask me.

So yeah guys I am back, better, and stronker. Town, we are winning this.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I'll be afk for a bit, taking dog out for quick walk. should be back in 10 to reply to anything that happens.

:reggie: for all questions.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Vote Count IV:

LoliLovesRain [1] Gheb_01
Ori_bro [2] Kary, Anomdaris_Rake
BadWolf28738 [0]
PrivateJoker-Brown [1] -Masquerain-
King of Brawl [0]
Rake [1] Ori_bro
BSP [0]
Kary [0]
Gheb_01 [0]

Not Voting: LoliLovesRain, BSP, PrivateJoker-Brown

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch!

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Sorry, I c+p my last votecount and then look for all the possible votes.

BSP

Smash Legend
Ok, someone asked me about Masquerain's words on PJB

And I just left the page where I had the post >_>

Anyway, I agree with what PJB said about his stance on Rake when questioned about. I don't think he necessarily concluded that Rake was scum with that statement. I think he was just trying to get everyone else to comment about it. I don't think that it's something substantial to look into.

I'm not sure what to think about Rake's position. A lot of his posts were just somewhat-pointless rambling, and some of them seemed like he was trying to scum hunt. How do you guys go about using activity in your reads? That's the one thing about him that's sticking out about him the most.

ori bro said:
The current progress is bad, no one can make much out of anything because the lack of content is quite apparent. To answer your question about whether I'm ok with someone being at L-2. Right now I'm quite neutral on the fact that someone is at L-2 even after a little bit of a read through, I don't see much (Maybe I need to read more carefully again.
I agree with this. It's a little difficult to form anything substantial with how the game has been progressing so far (which is partially my fault since I was gone, sorry), so let's try to fix this so we can get moving.

Overall, I haven't seen anything that makes anyone jump out as "suspicious" to me. All I can really go on is Rake's activity right now and the inactives' activity. I don't want to base anything purely off of activity either...so we need more substance.

Ok, so since we are at this point and we're aware that we don't have much info to work with, how should we go about ending this day? Should we just lynch an inactive? And if so, how will that help us?

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
UNVOTE

This post.

He tries to throw out the possibility of Rake scum... but

1) He doesn't say anything specific. "I think a deeper look into Rake" is not a stance at all. It's just suggesting something.

2) It comes across as fake contributing. He openly states that he hasn't read rake's posts much at all, yet he's still trying to say that Rake needs to be re-read? He's trying to give town suggestions without any reasoning behind them.

3) The way he answered "interesting" when he hasn't read either slot is... :S.

I didn't want to say this until Ori answered Kary's question, but ah well.

Let this be known that my initial vote on Rake was PURE RVS. I just voted on Rake for fun.
I never removed my RVS until now haha. When you quoted me on this, someone asked me what my thoughts of Rake were and I gave them. I could tell from the way Rake was playing that he was going around tunneling trying to find any way to get anything out of people. This is what made me think of the possibility of Rake being scum. I had no concrete proof to start a wagon. I mean its contributing, but it isn't substantial.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
@Ori_bro:Which do you suspect more, Rake being scum or town?

@JokerB:Who are you interested in lynching right now and why?

@BSP:Have you played with JokerB before? What do you think of his play toDay?

BSP

Smash Legend
I will answer that soon, but the folks are making me get off because of lightning >_>

I'll get to it. To answer your first question: yes. He just got killed in my first game.

BSP

Smash Legend
His play is fine so far.

I think he responded to Masq's stance in a satisfactory matter, and I don't really see anything to make a case on him with.

:phone:

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
@Ori_bro:Which do you suspect more, Rake being scum or town?

@JokerB:Who are you interested in lynching right now and why?

@BSP:Have you played with JokerB before? What do you think of his play toDay?
its hard to tell. Rake could have been that townie who is tunneling because he is that experienced where he knows what to look for. I would put Rake as Null scum just because of his fishy behavior. But sadly that is kinda outdated. Right now, Rake is no longer part of this game. Orbo has replaced in and has yet to contribute. I don't think Rake/Orbo is a correct lynch candidate for toDay, but its kinda hard to think of who is right now.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
@Kary: Oh man that's a really tough question. I don't think anyone has really done anything to warrant lynching them so far, but gun to my head? I think lynching Badwolf might not be too bad an idea. If he flips scum, it's a double win because we rid ourselves of a sneaky scum player, and it would give me piece of mind about the Rake/Orbo slot. He flips town? Maybe the Rake/Orbo slot is the next place to look. Truthfully, BW's insistence that he's "finally a townie" seemed forced.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
@everyone - is activity a factor in your reads?

Lynching based on low activity is a textbook scum move.

It's probably the biggest anti-town point Rake has going for him, in my mind. Otherwise, I find his scumhunting and attempts to move the game forward to be protown.

BSP

Smash Legend
I wouldn't lynch BW just because he seems sneaky each game. I'd prefer we get some real evidence.

@Ori - how so? What do you take from low activity and high activity?

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I didn't say we should lynch him cuz he's sneaky :p I question his slot, and Rake made a push on him. Seeing how he flips would give us an indication of Rake's intentions behind that push.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Like I said, it's a really tough call. I'm not saying it would 100% be the best move, but Kary asked me, and I answered to the best of my ability. If I had to lynch someone right here right now, that's the move I'd make. Luckily, we have like 3 days before we're forced to make a move.

Top Bottom