• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Megaman Zero Mafia/Newbie 21! Game Over. Mafia Wins!

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Holy crap. I got like 4 people asking to replace in. This makes me incredibly happy and I appreciate anyone who PM'd me, I'll put you all on the list.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Rake what are you doing? I don't understand your play at all lol. Who do you want lynched right now? You're throwing your vote and ideas all over the place and I can't tell what you actually want.

I don't like Joker too much. He seems to be going back on his stances very easily when asked about them. I could understand if it's like "Oh wait, I was wrong...", but it's "Oh I'm not doing that!..." instead, and the stances he makes read wise seem to be in the middle. Like his thoughts on the BadWolf wagon. I thought he had a scum read on Rake, but he took that back once questioned on it.

Gheb looks alright. Although I honestly have trouble reading through the advice soo :/.

Like BadWolf. The pressure on him from Rake seems pretty unwarranted, and I can't really see it going places unless someone that isn't Rake starts pressuring him. Also like Kary.

I agree with the Ori stances from Kary/Rake, but I'm definitely wanting to wait for responses from Ori regarding the questions he was asked before I put a vote there or anything.

Vote: PrivateJoker-Brown

#HBC | ѕoup

Vote Count III:

LoliLovesRain [0]
Ori_bro [2] Kary, Anomdaris_Rake
BadWolf28738 [0]
PrivateJoker-Brown [1] -Masquerain-
King of Brawl [0]
Rake [2] Ori_bro, PrivateJoker-Brown
BSP [0]
Kary [0]
Gheb_01 [0]

Not Voting: LoliLovesRain, BSP, Gheb_01, PrivateJoker-Brown

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch!

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
@Loli & Ori

Both of you have posted rather little and one of you is at L-2. What do you think about the current progress of this game? Are you OK with the fact that somebody is somewhat close to a lynch? What do you think of what Masquerain said about PJB?

:059:

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Ori_bro should not be at L-2, because my vote isn't on him. It's on Rake.

@mod you forgot to remove my vote from ori

FOS: PrivateJokerBrown for being late to the party.

Scum and Must Die soon:

Loli (because its obvios)
PBJ (because his name makes me hungry)
Gheb (because its Gheb)
Alright so Badwulf and PBJ aren't scum together.
Awesome sauce.

Gheb should comment on every odd number post.
Kary should have me as scum.

PBJ should vote Loli.

VOTE: Loli

Lets get this train rolling
Nah.
I've had much more interaction with PJB thats worth talking about.
Scum

Gheb
BW

We should wagon one of these two.
Obviously a townie other than me should make the call.

@King Of Brawl : Between Gheb and Badwulf, who would you rather wagon ?
VOTE Ori_Bro

Because this is OMGUS

AT IC s: Explain OMGUS
VOTE : Badwulf
SUICIDE BOMB: PrivateJokerBrown

Good game guy but your obv scum with this "oh so townie act"

Might as well claim out before Soup flips your scum role and i get my MVP
Except that....
No one else is really posting.

And did you miss the part where I`ve been lightly tunneling badwulf to to get a better read on him.

No one seems willing to apply more votes or pressure to him and no one is offering an alternative area to pressure .

So until then :

Vote: Badwulf
This is essentially what I see when I look at Rake. I don't think "all he's done is call people scum" is a totally unfair assessment of his play. I think his plan might be that he's trying to convince people that he only votes for you if he's convinced that you're scum, and that he's easily convinced that you are scum, and wishes to lynch you without much provocation. He makes me feel like he's acting on something he sees that I don't, and he isn't sharing that information. I think this is exactly what he wants us to think. This will leave people feeling threatened by any move he makes towards them, despite their being no obvious reason.

I don't find this behavior to be scummy, I just find it frustrating because it's extremely difficult to read. He makes it look like he's hunting scum, but the way he jumps around makes it so he could potentially get someone lynched without actually being on the wagon when they die. It's suspicious, for sure. I'm keeping my eye on him.

I'll look into Ori next, since he seems to be a person of interest at the moment.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
his is essentially what I see when I look at Rake. I don't think "all he's done is call people scum" is a totally unfair assessment of his play. I think his plan might be that he's trying to convince people that he only votes for you if he's convinced that you're scum, and that he's easily convinced that you are scum, and wishes to lynch you without much provocation. He makes me feel like he's acting on something he sees that I don't, and he isn't sharing that information. I think this is exactly what he wants us to think. This will leave people feeling threatened by any move he makes towards them, despite their being no obvious reason.

I don't find this behavior to be scummy, I just find it frustrating because it's extremely difficult to read. He makes it look like he's hunting scum, but the way he jumps around makes it so he could potentially get someone lynched without actually being on the wagon when they die. It's suspicious, for sure. I'm keeping my eye on him.

I'll look into Ori next, since he seems to be a person of interest at the moment.
Except where you cut out all my back and forth with Badwulf.

1st post you quoted of mine : RVS stage shenanigans.
2nd one: More RVS, with me following up my RVS suspicion with a RVS vote
3rd one: Asked a question about how a player felt about wagoning at that point
4th one: That was me making a joke OMGUS vote. I thought it might be obvious when i said "because this is omgus" guess people missed that
5th one: I vote someone i want to pressure
6th one: Most obvious joking gambit in the history of DGames. Its a open set up, everyone knows there's no bomber
7th one: I move back to someone i wanted to pressure.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Rake what are you doing? I don't understand your play at all lol. Who do you want lynched right now? You're throwing your vote and ideas all over the place and I can't tell what you actually want.

I don't like Joker too much. He seems to be going back on his stances very easily when asked about them. I could understand if it's like "Oh wait, I was wrong...", but it's "Oh I'm not doing that!..." instead, and the stances he makes read wise seem to be in the middle. Like his thoughts on the BadWolf wagon. I thought he had a scum read on Rake, but he took that back once questioned on it.

Gheb looks alright. Although I honestly have trouble reading through the advice soo :/.

Like BadWolf. The pressure on him from Rake seems pretty unwarranted, and I can't really see it going places unless someone that isn't Rake starts pressuring him. Also like Kary.

I agree with the Ori stances from Kary/Rake, but I'm definitely wanting to wait for responses from Ori regarding the questions he was asked before I put a vote there or anything.

Vote: PrivateJoker-Brown

I wanted a BW wagon but that wasnt going anywhere , so I moved to Ori, who I jokingly had as town. Pretty null for him , at this moment.

What about the Ori stuff do you agree with ? Seeing as neither me nor Kary has offered much justification for it.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Right. I stated that those were the things I see when I look at your activity, and you agree that they are not substantial. Glad we're on the same page.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Yea I was kinda curious about the whole ori thing. He's only made 6 posts, and none of them are things that make him stick out as suspicious. I have him as null for now.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

That moment when :

Person 1 attempts to start a wagon , doesn't happen
Person number 2 comes along and starts new wagon based off not much if anything , gains sheep instantly .
People comment on how they like the stances made by person 2 when person 1 was trying that with more justification. And Person 2 has made no real comment that Person 1 can remember on why said new wagon is occuring

Person 1 has to sheep person 2 in order to get the game going.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Masquerain is just wrong about his read on me. I didn't sheepily back down from any stance that I made on you, I simply never took a real stance in the first place. In fact, I stated that I did not think you were necessarily scum here

I didnt' say I thought you were scum cuz of your attitude. I said your attitude was contributing to your appearance of looking busy, but not actually doing anything. Which is true, you haven't done anything. With all your posting, all you've accomplished is an RVS push on Badwolf, that you've yet to justify as anything other than RVS silliness.

And what question? You never asked me any questions.
I'm not backing down from anything. I was pressing you. I don't have to have a scum read on someone to press them, otherwise I'd be sitting on my hands all day waiting for everyone else to do most of the work.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
That moment when :

Person 1 attempts to start a wagon , doesn't happen
Person number 2 comes along and starts new wagon based off not much if anything , gains sheep instantly .
People comment on how they like the stances made by person 2 when person 1 was trying that with more justification. And Person 2 has made no real comment that Person 1 can remember on why said new wagon is occuring

Person 1 has to sheep person 2 in order to get the game going.
Is there a point to this? I don't follow it at all, are you referring to something that happened in this game?

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

It literally just happened in this thread.
I'm person one and my wagon is obvious.

Person 2 is Kary and the new wagon is Ori.
The sheep are me and Masq technically.

The rest is me being :salt: about it.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

I also disagree that my push on badwulf was all RVS silliness, as I've made small questions and points that are effecting my read on him.

In fact my push on Badwulf is quite legitimate and backed up well enough , or else I would have dropped it.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Somewhat.
What's unclear about it , that I could clear up ?

You had your vote on him for a while.
Joke Omgus vote , this must have sailed over everyone , I swear.

Lol no. I play town like an idiot.
Reminds me of last game, where you used almost the exact same sentence to try and offset poor / newbish-ness to push scummy thoughts out of peoples minds.

[/QUOTE]

Okay sorry for my absence. I've read through the thread now but I don't have much to say to be honest.

@Kary : No at this moment I'm not seeing a Rake/BW team based on the way they're talking to each other. It's possible but it doesn't make sense why Rake would want to lynch BW if they were partners. I'll read into it more later on though for sure.
Called bussing.

If i was scum it would mean me getting on my scum partner in an attepmt to look townie and if i got his lynch i'd come out looking super townie.

Pretty tried and true method of getting support when you really just bussed your partner.

Semi IC Note: If i recall its called bus for the same reasons as in real life , for example : You get in trouble for X, you have information that Person X has done YZ, you throw Person X "under the bus" (i.e he'll be taking the hit " so you can walk away scot free.

Real IC's can correct this if its wrong but thats how i remember it.

I would really like to know what you're planning to get out of me. You've been tunneling me since the start.
Reaction.

I said i would elaborate.

I've elaborated.

Feelings about Ori ?

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Have you been reading this thread ?

:skull:
Yes, but I'm newer to this. I won't necessarily catch everything.

To be honest, I've been a little distracted during this game (My dog has been acting very strange all week, and I found out yesterday that he has a slipped disc in his spine that could paralyze him. He's only 4, it's kinda distressing)

My opinion on Ori is that he hasn't really been active enough to get a real read on him. That's kind of... a lot of people thus far.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

So true wrt Ori.

WRT out of game talk :

IRL > Mafia for me , deal with that first, this game isn't going to blaze by i imagine so its not like you can't leave the thread for a day to take care of your dog or w/e

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Oh I'm taking care of him, and I do have time to check the thread and play along. I'm just not quite as excited about it as I was when I started.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Kary, a Rake/Badwolf scum team would be interesting I haven't looked much into Badwolf and only a few passing glances at Rake's post. I think a deeper look into Rake could benefit town right now.

:phone:
This post.

He tries to throw out the possibility of Rake scum... but

1) He doesn't say anything specific. "I think a deeper look into Rake" is not a stance at all. It's just suggesting something.

2) It comes across as fake contributing. He openly states that he hasn't read rake's posts much at all, yet he's still trying to say that Rake needs to be re-read? He's trying to give town suggestions without any reasoning behind them.

3) The way he answered "interesting" when he hasn't read either slot is... :S.

I didn't want to say this until Ori answered Kary's question, but ah well.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Called bussing.

If i was scum it would mean me getting on my scum partner in an attepmt to look townie and if i got his lynch i'd come out looking super townie.
Bussing; when you push to get your scum partner lynched, 'throwing them under the bus'. Can be done for a variety of reasons, such as when a player has become a liability, or in order to gain credibility with the town; scum typically have a reason for bussing a partner, however.

He makes me feel like he's acting on something he sees that I don't, and he isn't sharing that information.
I think he's acting on very little, and not taking things too seriously. For the time being I have him down as town because a) he doesn't seem to care how he looks that much, and b) he seems to be trying to create content. I could be wrong, but I don't think it's worth agonizing over his posts right now to try and get a surefire read on him.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
@everyone: which assessment of Ori's play do you like best? PJB's or Joey's?
(Joey=Masquerain) (see #162 and #172)

Rake, dead serious, less idle commentary please.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

At first I found PJB's much more in-tune with mine (having Ori standing null due to lack of content), a lot of slots are sitting null to me , but at the same time ,Joeys case is not bad or too reachy IMO at all and hits on very key points on one of Ori's only posts that has content in it(beyond RVS), before delving to deep i'd really like to see how Ori responds to the pressure on him and especially to what Joey brought up.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I'll be here tomorrow. Its my friend's birthday and i'll be unavailable till tomorrow (Sunday)

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
@Loli & Ori

Both of you have posted rather little and one of you is at L-2. What do you think about the current progress of this game? Are you OK with the fact that somebody is somewhat close to a lynch? What do you think of what Masquerain said about PJB?

BSP may also answer this. Once we get all players involved in the discussion I'm going to post my conclusions.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
So where's Ori? Or anyone else, for that matter?

I agree that Masque's thoughts on Ori may very well be valid. I won't truly know what to think until Ori comes in here and responds to it.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

I'll be here tomorrow. Its my friend's birthday and i'll be unavailable till tomorrow (Sunday)

hoping this means being here soon.

Everyone else is everywhere else, doing everything else. Which is bad because activity kills small games sometimes, if anything we`ll end up reaching the deadline with little more than we have now , which would of course make lynching an absolute pain.

I really hope to see more activity soon, I know IRL comes first and i`m cool with that, so I`m hoping that activity will pick up soon or at least be more to work worth.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

You or maybe an inactive , what about you ?
I seriously do not want to NL, so i am up for compromise on the inactives

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Request prods @BSP and Loli

Right now only 6 / 9 players are actually posting and not everybody is as active as Rake. We need to get everybody involved as soon as possible.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Guys I appreciate that with players not being here it is hard to get things done.
On the other hand, you can question players who are here- just because some players are inactive doesn't mean you should do nothing.

@Gheb, if you had to choose the lynch right now, who would you pick and why?

@Rake: your #188 looks very fence-sit to me, is that fair? Have you played with Ori_bro before?

@Joey:[/B/ what's your read on Gheb?

@Joker-B: what's your read on BSP?

thanks guys

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I would lynch Loli on the account that she's the only one who visited the thread without saying anything. Unless Ori doesn't make his promised posts I would say she makes the best lynch right now.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

@Rake: your #188 looks very fence-sit to me, is that fair? Have you played with Ori_bro before?
Yeah, in breaking bad newbie and when Ori replaced into Paper Mario Newbie

And I haven't seen enough from Ori yet to make me go : "Ohhh , Ori got town again" hopefully Ori's response and subsequent return to this thread are more enlightening.

Also I requested a replacement as an FYI, so hopefully whoever comes in can be active, Also Gheb no one is as active as me lol , because I am "too active" until my replacement comes in I'm down to answer more stuff

#HBC | ѕoup

Sending prods to BSP/Loli. Contacting Orboknown for replacement.

Top Bottom