• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meele Monday, Game Zone - Every Monday - Cumberland,ri

ZoSo

Smash Champion
It would be cheaper for nonmembers. I don't have a problem with the entry fee specifically (even though I think $14 is too much for a small gaming store tourney). My problem is with the fact that you had people like Roman and Spife who drove 2+ hours to get there paying $14 while members were paying $3.25 or whatever the rate is and they're all competing for the same payout?

I think for the larger Saturday tourneys we were talking about having like $10 entry and $5 venue fee. Not positive. I plan on speaking with Ron today and we should have all this hammered out before the weekend.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
I can't really fault Ron for that; members SHOULD be entitled to some benefits, I'm just not sure that should be one of them.

Like I said, I plan on speaking with Ron today. We'll figure something out.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
The game store has "members"?
The benefits shouldn't be reduced tourney fees for the same payouts. Definitely not. imo.

But anyways, this is only like an hour from me, so tourneys on Saturdays YES PLZ!

shanus

Smash Hero
If they do Brawl or Melee on Saturdays, I think at least 3-5 of us from Providence would be interested. Depends on ride availability and entry fee but yeah...

(although almost none of them play melee anymore and I haven't in a long time :( )

Spife

Smash Master
I should be the first to mention that 3rd place should get money *cough cough*

GameZoneRI

Smash Cadet
Here is the deal everyone. After talking with several of you November 22 we will have a big tourney. This is a Saturday so get everyone you can so the jackpot can grow to a huge amount. We will do Melee singles and Doubles. $5 venue fee and $10 for the singles and $10 for teams. I want a great turnout so i can do this atleast once per month. I want to do it bi-weekly so lets get this thing going. I will provide what ever is needed for a fun tournament. I currently can provide 3 cubes and 2 wiis. If I get a great response I will do more. So advertise the hell out of it. I want Game Zone to be a must play venue. I want enough people so I can atleast make sure the winner gets $150 with 2nd, 3rd getting a good score too. So if anyone is planning on attending, post here and send a private message.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I won't be able to attend the first one to play in but I'll show up and hang for a while.

And Ron do you think if I went on mondays to the weekly thing could you hold my matches or are those done?

GameZoneRI

Smash Cadet
I trying to figure out what to do about Monday. I am not sure weather or not I can get enough interest for a Monday. I can definately try to hold it and I am considering just making Monday a $5 day so its good for the members too. So this week is $5, but I wont know how many people we will have so who knows what the winnings will be. So if we can get 20, I guess it wouldnt be so bad. Members are hit and miss every week, cuz a lot of them are in high school so it could be a lot or could be very few, so I will keep trying on Mondays I guess....lol. We have 62 members...not bad for just a few months. So this is what I will do. The jackpot will be all of admission until it gets over $100. after that I will take only 10% on Mondays. So if the jackpot is $110 I only get a buck out of it. lol. I just want to build it up right now. And Kevin, I will hold your matches if it is ok with the majority of the players, which I dont see as a problem.

shanus

Smash Hero
I have made other plans for the 22nd, but future one's Im definitely down.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Ron is top tier. Thanks sir, and I'm coming regardless on Monday because your venue is top tier and it was nice talking with you ^_^.

shanus

Smash Hero
The more tourneys the better IMO. Need one with brawl, melee, and brawl+. Would be too good

GameZoneRI

Smash Cadet
Well i am glad to see I can get a decent crowd on a Monday. this week we had 11 players. It's a good start. it's only $5 to play so anyone local should stop by and check it out.

GameZoneRI

Smash Cadet
People have been inconsistant so far... I know atleast 4 that always show up. So if anyone is interested let me know. I just had 2 from Barrington, RI. come this week, but everyone else was late or didnt show. so let me know if you come if it is possible.

GameZoneRI

Smash Cadet
It was our best Melee Monday so far! Now we hope to build on it!. 1/12/09 we had 9 players here to play Brawl. Sonext week we hope to do it again! Anyone in the area next Monday, let me know.

Top Bottom