• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MDL0 files from Non-Brawl games

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Anyone wanna help get me a working Waluigi model replacement from Mario and Sonic @ Winter Games into Brawl correctly for my Waluigi project? The AT model is too restricting. I've seen some people have good success working with MaS@WO models.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Edit: If I try to save twice, the new bones are deleted. >_>

Also, anyone know how to hex PokePark CHR0s? (pikazz? :3)
Give them a name (in the mdl0-hexed file they appear without a name), edit the frame counter (put 10000 or something like this), put 0's in the other values (or whatever they are supposed to be), and you will see that the animations work in the model viewer

So I suppose they will work in-game too ^^U

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
Give them a name (in the mdl0-hexed file they appear without a name), edit the frame counter (put 10000 or something like this), put 0's in the other values (or whatever they are supposed to be), and you will see that the animations work in the model viewer

So I suppose they will work in-game too ^^U
just like he said x3

but hey, if we can add bones now...
PLAYABLE STAGE AND SHY GUY KART! 8D

Manko91

Smash Cadet
Can anyone tell me what am I doing wrong cause even after moving the first bone,
The model is still messed up.

Here for example:

mariorocks64

Smash Journeyman
sweet! I got the Bomberman model! It has 76 bones so he can replace

34 - Green Alloy
34 - Red Alloy
34 - Yellow Alloy
39 - Blue Alloy
46 - Ice Climbers
46 - Olimar
47 - Squirtle
48 - Pikachu
48 - Pokemon Trainer
48 - Samus
55 - Ivysaur
56 - Lucario
58 - Charizard
61 - Kirby
63 - Donkey Kong
63 - Luigi
63 - Mario
63 - Sheik
64 - King Dedede
64 - Jigglypuff
65 - Captain Falcon
65 - Lucas
67 - Ness
67 - Zero Suit Samus
68 - Fox
69 - Wario Man
70 - Ganondorf
70 - Snake
71 - Diddy Kong
71 - Marth
72 - Falco
73 - Wolf
74 - Giga Bowser; and
74 - Ike

I will tested him in game shortly. He'll go over Ness Until he gets enough bones to replace Toon link

digiholic

Smash Ace
NNID
digiholic
Okay, I asked this last week, but I wrote off the problem as a simple matter of not enough bones. I added some bones, and still have the problem, so let me ask this now:

I'm trying to replace Peach's Toad with a new model. No matter what I try to do, most of the model goes to the center of the stage no matter where Peach is on screen. I say "most" because, for some reason, the new model's left leg is right on target. It's always in front of Peach, it does its part of the animation perfectly, and then goes away like normal. At first, I thought this was a BoneIndex issue, having noticed the left leg had the same index as Toad's HaveN, but even after swapping around some indexes so the HaveN index was the parent of most of the other bones, I still get the exact same problem. I've tried renaming the bones to no avail.

Anyone have any idea what could be going wrong?
I would like to repost this with an appended question: What causes any model to stick to the center of the stage instead of where it should be? I'm having that problem with about half of the models I try to import, not just the new Toad.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero

34 - Green Alloy
34 - Red Alloy
34 - Yellow Alloy
39 - Blue Alloy
46 - Ice Climbers
46 - Olimar
47 - Squirtle
48 - Pikachu
48 - Pokemon Trainer
48 - Samus
55 - Ivysaur
56 - Lucario
58 - Charizard
61 - Kirby
63 - Donkey Kong
63 - Luigi
63 - Mario
63 - Sheik
64 - King Dedede
64 - Jigglypuff
65 - Captain Falcon
65 - Lucas
67 - Ness
67 - Zero Suit Samus
68 - Fox
69 - Wario Man
70 - Ganondorf
70 - Snake
71 - Diddy Kong
71 - Marth
72 - Falco
73 - Wolf
74 - Giga Bowser; and
74 - Ike

I will tested him in game shortly. He'll go over Ness Until he gets enough bones to replace Toon link
try snake.

luigiman1928

Smash Ace

34 - Green Alloy
34 - Red Alloy
34 - Yellow Alloy
39 - Blue Alloy
46 - Ice Climbers
46 - Olimar
47 - Squirtle
48 - Pikachu
48 - Pokemon Trainer
48 - Samus
55 - Ivysaur
56 - Lucario
58 - Charizard
61 - Kirby
63 - Donkey Kong
63 - Luigi
63 - Mario
63 - Sheik
64 - King Dedede
64 - Jigglypuff
65 - Captain Falcon
65 - Lucas
67 - Ness
67 - Zero Suit Samus
68 - Fox
69 - Wario Man
70 - Ganondorf
70 - Snake
71 - Diddy Kong
71 - Marth
72 - Falco
73 - Wolf
74 - Giga Bowser; and
74 - Ike

Ur going to work on him as a charcter? Is everyone stealing my ideas!? First BSz now you?!? Ok lol. If u get him to work and u start a project i'll probably halp. since i already thought out his moveset.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Unless someone makes new sound effects, the only person that would fit would be Toon Link. No one else, despite any moves they may have.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
i was thinking snake for his projectiles, but you're right about the sound effects. PW needs to get in here and blow our minds with another alt file loader code.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Indeed, but Toon Link already has throwing bombs. Just changing all of his items to bombs along with the effects and sounds, then custom animations and we would already have a great start.

I remember I had a moveset for him, before Brawl was even relased. He could kick bombs (Side B), throw a bomb under him that makes him go high (Up B) or use his jetpack. Neutral B could be him charging to throw a bomb (Kind in like Bomberman 64), the more you hold, the more bombs you throw. Down B could be him setting a mine bomb. The other moves would be punches and kicks, and his Final Smash would make all the opponents dizzy, and many Bomberman items would fall on the floor, you could pick them up and enhance your power. Of course that last part would be difficult to do but it's possible. You'd also have to model hack (By putting a sprite instead, perhaps) the items needed (Mushroom, star, etc).

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
i like those ideas, though the last one seems overly complicated (the new sprites would cover the items iirc).

i suppose the first step we should take, however, before even considering a moveset would be to get him working over toon link.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Yeah, but the Final Smash shouldn't be too hard. I do think some codes would be needed (We could ask people who work on Brawl+). The fire item would make you stronger (We should not exaggerate too much if don't know how to do most of it), the skull would give you the star effect with darker lighting (PSA) and if you touch anyone, they grow a flower (That's possible as well). I'm not sure about other things, though.

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
Yeah, but the Final Smash shouldn't be too hard. I do think some codes would be needed (We could ask people who work on Brawl+). The fire item would make you stronger (We should not exaggerate too much if don't know how to do most of it), the skull would give you the star effect with darker lighting (PSA) and if you touch anyone, they grow a flower (That's possible as well). I'm not sure about other things, though.
When should we make the Project Bomberman thread to keep track of the to do list?
I thought of his moveset and it seems pretty awesome. His Final smash may be kinda hard to implement in PSA though. Im probably going to work with you guys on the Bomberman. Scratch that, i AM going to.

B
Bomb
Generates bomb for use with other moves. The longer you hold the B button down the bigger the Bomb gets.

Side-B
Power Glove
Throws bomb in what ever direction you use. Also if u have no bomb in ur hands and theres a item in front of you it will auto matically pick it up and throw it like one of his bombs.

Down-B
Bomb Kick
Bomberman kicks a Bomb across the stage until it hits something either a wall or a Object person thing.

Up-B
Bomb Hop
Bomberman quickly generates a bomb and it explodes upon pressing and the explosion blast's bomberman into the air like as high as Sonic's spring takes him.

Final Smash
Skull, power down, effect, thing.
Like BSZ said it generates many effects to EVERYBODY in the game. Even bomberman, but he has the upper hand.
Side effects include:
Character position swapping
Controller swapping, Switches who uses what charct say p1 is mario and p2 is luigi, they are switched.so p1 is luigi with out you knowing and it doesnt swap names.
Generating Damage Flower
People in match cant attack
people in match go so fast that they lose control and run off stage and die
Charcters are turned into a random character like, Ur mario then FS and then ur Sonic though nobody in the match is Sonic.

And thats all i can think of. And dont use TL's bombs. Rip the ones from Bomberman's game.

mariorocks64

Smash Journeyman
I thought of his moveset and it seems pretty awesome. His Final smash may be kinda hard to implement in PSA though. Im probably going to work with you guys on the Bomberman. Scratch that, i AM going to.
Hooray!

Project Bomberman will be the ultimate win machine! Should I make a thread fo the To do list?

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
Hooray!

Project Bomberman will be the ultimate win machine! Should I make a thread fo the To do list?
the name should'nt be PROJECT Bomberman. we need a different word for project..... Maybe BluePrint bomberman..... Or Program Bomberman. Or if we dont have another word we'll just use project. I think this is also off topic. We need another place to discuss this. And just so you know i know NO PSA. I HAVE NO IDEA HOW OT DO IT. SO animating and textures and ideas and His own Speacial stage.

mariorocks64

Smash Journeyman
the name should'nt be PROJECT Bomberman. we need a different word for project..... Maybe BluePrint bomberman..... Or Program Bomberman. Or if we dont have another word we'll just use project. I think this is also off topic. We need another place to discuss this. And just so you know i know NO PSA. I HAVE NO IDEA HOW OT DO IT. SO animating and textures and ideas and His own Speacial stage.
How about....... "Boom Boom! Fiya Powa," or "The white Bomber is joining the brawl," or maybe "Bomberman! coming to a brawl near you!"

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
How about....... "Boom Boom! Fiya Powa," or "The white Bomber is joining the brawl," or maybe "Bomberman! coming to a brawl near you!"
Fiya up! Bomberman is here! Ok im looking over Bomberman Hero(not playing liek a lazy person) on youtube so im probably going to get most of the move ideas from that game since it was the best.

ds22

Smash Lord
Question to -BigSharkZ-, mariorocks64 and luigiman1928.
Did the model I send you guys work ingame?
Because I may screwed something up with the model and I wanted to make sure that I didn't send you the wrong model.

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
Because I may screwed something up with the model and I wanted to make sure that I didn't send you the wrong model.
Lol i didnt check but i dl'd it.

mariorocks64

Smash Journeyman
No. It did not work ingame for me at all unfortunately.

mariorocks64

Smash Journeyman
Mariorocks64: Who did you put it over.

Im gunna try uumm........ IDK. Maybe Jiggles.
They work now.

On red alloy, he looks perfect.

On Ness, His balls appear, but the rest of his body disappears throughout the match. I think the problem is Ness's entrance.

I'll try Snake next.

Bomberman is huge though. Can someone do some size modifications to shrink him down to about Mario's height?

Fen__

Smash Ace
This is not the thread to discuss this. Nor, however, is making a thread a good idea since you have no work done on it. You should be discussing this in PM or on AIM or something.

shock44

Smash Journeyman
I would like to repost this with an appended question: What causes any model to stick to the center of the stage instead of where it should be? I'm having that problem with about half of the models I try to import, not just the new Toad.
Maybe you need to set the TopN bone to be the model's main controling bone? Like the bone that controls the entire model needs to be called TopN. I've never really seen a model just stick in the middle of the stage. Even when the bones weren't renamed my imported model still was where it was supposed to be when he spawned.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Anyone has any idea of why my imported stage doesn't work? First time it froze with the beep sound, but that's because I had removed the background model by mistake. Now it just freezes without the sound. I imported a stage from Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, put it on Final Destination, scaled it, and added textures. Nothing else.

mariorocks64

Smash Journeyman
I have tested Bomberman over snake, but I get the same results a Ness. bomerman's balls are the only things that show. The alloys are the only characters that have Bomberman to come out properly.

Top Bottom