• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MDL0 files from Non-Brawl games

TLink

Smash Rookie
I was wondering if anyone had the .MDL0 files for any of these characters...

Bleach- Any/all characters are good but I am looking for Ulquiorra, Grimmjow, Ichigo, and Orihime
Pokemon- Any/all are good but I am looking for Entei, Raikou, Suicune, Ho-oh, Steelix, Groudon, and Garchomp
Soul Eater- Death the Kid, Liz&Patty (weapon and/or human form)

If you have the .MDL0 for any of these, please send them to me.
*I already have the PokeParkWii pack so please do not send that to me unless its in another pack

Stoney

Smash Apprentice
[loh-kay-shuhn] n. The act or process of locating
how did you make the head are on the body? XD
thought the head and body was separate D:
The low-poly models have the heads attached. That Amy model is the low-poly one, I can tell.
Yeah, the high-poly one should look like this once the MDL0s get rebuilt into one model:

Disclaimer: THIS IS A PHOTOSHOP. I didn't actually rebuild the model, I'm just showing an example of the end result.

EDIT: I can't think of a way to remove those stupid squares on the front of her socks. D: Simple texture hacks won't cut it here, and the squares are part of her shoe polygon, so I can't just delete them that way.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
It works! It wooooorrrrrkkkkssss!!! :bee:

I'm going to record a little machinima-type video of it later on today and upload it. I need some sleep now.

DahremRuhar

Smash Ace
I was wondering if anyone had the .MDL0 files for any of these characters...

Bleach- Any/all characters are good but I am looking for Ulquiorra, Grimmjow, Ichigo, and Orihime
Pokemon- Any/all are good but I am looking for Entei, Raikou, Suicune, Ho-oh, Steelix, Groudon, and Garchomp
Soul Eater- Death the Kid, Liz&Patty (weapon and/or human form)

If you have the .MDL0 for any of these, please send them to me.
*I already have the PokeParkWii pack so please do not send that to me unless its in another pack
Well I don't know what you could do for Bleach and Soul Eater, but I know that Suicune, Entei Hoh-oh and Groudon are already in Brawl so you could model swap them over someone (assuming thats what you want the models for) which would save you the hexing process.

TLink

Smash Rookie
Well I don't know what you could do for Bleach and Soul Eater, but I know that Suicune, Entei Hoh-oh and Groudon are already in Brawl so you could model swap them over someone (assuming thats what you want the models for) which would save you the hexing process.
Unfortunately, I don't know how to get the models. That is why I asked if anyone had them

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Game Maker had a built-in scripting language that's less powerful than c, but definetly more powerful than Java. Also, the syntax is similar to C.
but even C is a terrible language, and given that GM's language is even less powerful you might as well just go the extra step and learn C++. its like trying to build the taj mahal out of dung...

dxrkn3ss

Smash Journeyman
Forget the secretism! Yes I'm intending to create an Amy PSA for Brawl! Currently I'm the only member on the team but I'm welcome to other, and a mass of move ideas. I already have a help thread with the only questions halting my beginning!

--STONEY-- Is there a way to use the hi-def model over the low poly one, despite the head being seperated?

I intend to have her wait animations done soon, a little ditsy one. The animation part seems extremely easy but I would definately need help with the PSA part.

dxrkn3ss

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, the high-poly one looks like this:

EDIT: I can't think of a way to remove those stupid squares on the front of her socks. D: Simple texture hacks won't cut it here, and the squares are part of her shoe polygon, so I can't just delete them that way.
Great Job on this btw! And the little squares aren't even bad! A little minor, thats all... nothing to fret over...

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
Yeah, the high-poly one looks like this:

*PIC OF AMY*

could you check if dry bones/bowser and king boo has low poly? D:

I am almost sure dry bones and king boo has low poly x3

kei: chocobo! <3

dxrkn3ss

Smash Journeyman
SUCCESS.......well partially. The Amy Model Succesfully loaded over Olimar, however the texture is really screwed up. Could it be that they had some differences in their texture datas

AMYS HAD

Amy_Body_s
Amy_Face_s
Rim Soft?????
spc_body?????

OLIMARS HAD
fitpikminbody
fitpikminface
fitpikminhigh
fitpikminref

Do I need to change the palette too? I'm confused
Amy loaded in some metallic blue color but is 100% stable

HELP!

EDIT: I changed the palette to match her orginal and now her texture differs depending on what stage she is on, somehow matching the texture of the stage...

ANOTHER EDIT: Her texture is metallic and the same shades of color over her entire body. I'm gonna try another character and see what happens...

ds22

Smash Lord
SUCCESS.......well partially. The Amy Model Succesfully loaded over Olimar, however the texture is really screwed up. Could it be that they had some differences in their texture datas

AMYS HAD

Amy_Body_s
Amy_Face_s
Rim Soft?????
spc_body?????

OLIMARS HAD
fitpikminbody
fitpikminface
fitpikminhigh
fitpikminref

Do I need to change the palette too? I'm confused
Amy loaded in some metallic blue color but is 100% stable

HELP!

EDIT: I changed the palette to match her orginal and now her texture differs depending on what stage she is on, somehow matching the texture of the stage...

ANOTHER EDIT: Her texture is metallic and the same shades of color over her entire body. I'm gonna try another character and see what happens...
Could you PM me the file(s)?
I can help and point out the problem.

dxrkn3ss

Smash Journeyman
Thanks, that fixed the glitchy metallic thing, but now she's extremely dark and her face is missing. I'm just gonna do the pac from scratch and see if it changes. Ill post my progress here....

CR4CK3RWOLF

Smash Rookie
Starfox Ftw!!!

PLZ CHECK ALL STARFOX GAMECUBE GAMES!!

i would prefer Krystal from adventures, but assault is fine too..

not to mention everyone else in assaults alternate costumes, like Fox Falco and Wolf's assault outfits!

as well as their Adventure outfits :D Falco from adventures would look so ******!

DahremRuhar

Smash Ace
PLZ CHECK ALL STARFOX GAMECUBE GAMES!!

i would prefer Krystal from adventures, but assault is fine too..

not to mention everyone else in assaults alternate costumes, like Fox Falco and Wolf's assault outfits!

as well as their Adventure outfits :D Falco from adventures would look so ******!
Read the OP! ONLY wii games have mdl0! Gamecube games use bmd. I understand. I would love to have ganondorf from wind waker in brawl. Unfortunately neither wind waker, starfox, or any other gamecube games are possible. Sorry.

EDIT: This does make me curious though. I know that textures for gamecube games are in the same file as their corresponding models. This must mean the bmd is a resource archive similar to a brres. Could this mean that there are mdl0s or at least a similar file inside the bmds? Or has this already been checked?

dxrkn3ss

Smash Journeyman
FINAL RESULTS

Amy's texture is gonna need some help due to the fact that her face and legs become like midnight black when inserted into brawl.

AMY OVER OLIMAR = Success
AMY OVER CAPTAIN FALCON (lol) = Success
AMY OVER PEACH = Failure

So this means she has over 65 bones and less than 106... Well maybe I should just count...

Anyways I need some move ideas and am open to suggestions
I'm pretty sure I'm gonna want her to hold her piko piko hammer at all times (but I am still open to suggestions)

I am really bad at PSA, heck I don't know anything about it so team members skilled in PSA would be nice. I'm good at animations so I'll probably make all the animations for the moves and then I'd need someone else to do the hitboxes and stuff. I will definately begin animations tonight after work and testing more characters for a suitable replacement

PM me if you can help fix the texture problems
PM me if you have interest in the PSA programming of Amy

Thanks....

EDIT: Before starting the animations, do I have to rename the bones? If so I need a little help on that too...

DahremRuhar

Smash Ace
NO, DO NOT RENAME THE BONES! THIS WILL RESULT IN A HORRIBLY SCRAMBLED AWFUL MESS! Trust me, I put weavile over yellow alloy. Before renaming the bones, I got a T-Stance. After renaming them, I got a tangled mess. It was somewhat funny, but not very useful.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
NO, DO NOT RENAME THE BONES! THIS WILL RESULT IN A HORRIBLY SCRAMBLED AWFUL MESS! Trust me, I put weavile over yellow alloy. Before renaming the bones, I got a T-Stance. After renaming them, I got a tangled mess. It was somewhat funny, but not very useful.
So, I assume you test which bone is which, create some list of the Brawl bone names as a reference, and go from there? With the assumption still in mind, the bones would also function the same (moving the shoulder joint moves the arm, hand, and fingers, if there are any fingers). I'm testing my current knowledge on models right now, so someone could tell me if that's right.

DahremRuhar

Smash Ace
To be honest I have no real experience creating animations, but I know a bit. As far as I know, this is what you do:Using brawlbox, you can check which bone is which by selecting it in the left "bones" panel. Then you select the bone you want to change, type in transformation values for each frame of the animation, etc. Renaming bones will not work properly unless the new character has the exact same bone structure as the original. And of course, the odds of that are VERY slim.

Overdrive64

Smash Journeyman
FINAL RESULTS

Anyways I need some move ideas and am open to suggestions
I'm pretty sure I'm gonna want her to hold her piko piko hammer at all times (but I am still open to suggestions)

EDIT: Before starting the animations, do I have to rename the bones? If so I need a little help on that too...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSeFP-_1zbY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lddh4jw9j2w

^These will be useful to you :)

A few ideas:
B: Spin Hammer Attack: Sonic Adventure/Battle: She spins... with a hammer... in a circle... yeah. Not too exciting, but since she does it in every game she's ever been in I think she should have it. To mix it up a little maybe make it chargeable :D If fully charged she can probell forward while doing it. *Thinking out loud; now i actually like the idea.

B>: Tornado: Sonic Heroes: Jumps and spins her hammer sending a tornado across the field. (Basically Link's boomerang but it doesn't come back, and captures opponents on the way out rather than in)

B^: Hammer spin: Sonic Battle/Sonic Adventure: A small whirlwind appears below Amy projecting her upwards. She spins her hammer around (like Link, I swear I,m not trying to make a clone) on the way up AND down. The way down can spike and also be cancelled as Dedede's can. She will not grab an edge while she is spinning, so she has to cancel.

Bv: Healing: Sonic Battle: Amy SLOWLY recovers health as long as the attack is held.

A: Boxing gloves appear out of nowhere!? O.o: Sonic Battle / Advance 3: Thats pretty much it :p, take little macks gloves and color'em red.

Dash attack: Dive: Sonic the Fighters: See Kirby, Smash 64

Tilt>: Triple Kick: Sonic the Fighters: If you watch the vid you'll know what I mean

Tilt^: Sonic Advance Series: Sonic's ^ Smash (unchargable though obviously.)

Tiltv: Sonic Battle: Hops backwards, smacking the enemie with her hot hedgehog bum ^^! It's a real thing I'm serious XD!!!

All Smash attacks should utilise the hammer.

Final Smash: Hammer Time!!!: Golden Hammer + Invincibility + Increased Speed + No limit on how long spamming A lets you hover + Unlimited Jumps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow that ended up being more than a few ideas :p. I always get carried away with movesets.

DahremRuhar

Smash Ace
Hmmm. Interesting, NDS NSBMD files appear to have a mdl0 header. I'll try hexing one but don't expect it to work.
EDIT: Big suprise, it didn't work. Still, the mdl0 section may mean something. could someone try looking into this?
EDIT2: I did a bit of research, and it seems that the wii mdl0 format is very similar to the ds mdl0 format. Someone really should look into this.

Top Bottom