• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MDL0 files from Non-Brawl games

joshl94

Smash Apprentice
oh ok thats fine
EDIT: what stage does it go over if you don't mind me asking

Batandy

Smash Apprentice
I've got an idea!
I'll working on a playable Invader Zim, i hope that Nicktoons Attack of the Toybots includes mdl0s.

Batandy

Smash Apprentice
Well, apart the Wi-fi stage, what stage should be good for model test? Final Destination?
Also what's the Hex editor used in the tutorial?

n64billy

Smash Ace
Just pointing this out to TBush or anyone else that could help...
On a side note.... some of the models from PokePark Wii have a really random and annoying problem.... not all of them have the correct values to change for materials and polygons. So I can't try them out on anything since they're still not complete. Halp? :(
Also, just wanted to point this out again
Did anyone do Blaziken already?
If not:
[Pic of Blaziken]
Would you be able to share that model with me? I managed to get Heatran working fine, but no matter what I try, I can't get the materials or polygons to work. The values that I need to re-arrange just are NOT there no matter where I look.

If not could you at least tell me how you got it working.
And now, I run off to sleep...

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Well, apart the Wi-fi stage, what stage should be good for model test? Final Destination?
Also what's the Hex editor used in the tutorial?
I tried it on Final Destination yesterday, actually. It'll work, and Wiimote could modify FD's animation to make Moonview proper size. :)

Just pointing this out to TBush or anyone else that could help...

*stuff*

Also, just wanted to point this out again

*more stuff*

And now, I run off to sleep...
Which Pokémon were you trying to correct the models for? I'll take a look at it when I get back from the store.

RandomTBush: did you see my pm? and does it sound possible?
Yeah, I did get your PM. I'm pretty sure it's possible, but you will have to re-build the model after adding in more bones, which (right now) is really time-consuming. I'd wait until Kryal has the model builder ready for BrawlBox. =/

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
Yeah, I did get your PM. I'm pretty sure it's possible, but you will have to re-build the model after adding in more bones, which (right now) is really time-consuming. I'd wait until Kryal has the model builder ready for BrawlBox. =/
I just notice that and for me it sound pretty possibly but wanted to ask xD
I cant wait until it works :3

mariorocks64

Smash Journeyman
I call dibs on Toad! also, can someonee get the toad model working in brawl for me so I will just make the animations and PSA? I'll give credit. Which Toad has more bones?

Mario Kart Wii
or
New Super Mario Bros. Wii

Will he have more bones than a green allow? Just Pm me the hexed MDL0 that is playable in game.

b2j135

Da Bess Pit
NNID
b2j135
3DS FC
3222-5569-3062
@ RTB: I know this will sound like a noob post but I really want to do this seeing as no one else does.

I want to hack Metal Sonic's model from M&S@tOWG into brawl and combine it with Mr.Weegee's Metal Sonic PSA. How do I go about getting his files from the ISO? I have it on my HDD but I'm not sure about all this hexing and stuff. Here's the thread just encase you wanted to see it: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=262266&highlight=metal+sonic

mariorocks64

Smash Journeyman
I know this will sound like a noob post but I really want to do this seeing as no one else does.

I want to hack Metal Sonic's model from M&S@tOWG into brawl and combine it with Mr.Weegee's Metal Sonic PSA. How do I go about getting his files from the ISO? I have it on my HDD but I'm not sure about all this hexing and stuff. Here's the thread just encase you wanted to see it: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=262266&highlight=metal+sonic
I don't know! I tried to replace olimar with a second sonic to make shadow playable with Sonic as well, but I get the beep of failure. I tried the same thing with the yellow alloy, but failed. That is just my experience.

b2j135

Da Bess Pit
NNID
b2j135
3DS FC
3222-5569-3062
I don't know! I tried to replace olimar with a second sonic to make shadow playable with Sonic as well, but I get the beep of failure. I tried the same thing with the yellow alloy, but failed. That is just my experience.
I was actually asking RTB

Batandy

Smash Apprentice
Hey,i made a part of a wait animation for klonoa even if i'm not a fan:
Anyway who can give me a Skull kid model from Twilight princess?

Suren

Smash Journeyman
Hey,i made a part of a wait animation for klonoa even if i'm not a fan:
Not a fan of Klonoa or his animation?

HidanOmega

Smash Cadet
Klonoa would be pretty awesome to have playable. As for the TvC characters , I assume Yatterman would require the same process that Zero did, right?

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
I don't know if Twilight Princess uses MDL0 files, considering it's a Gamecube port. Maybe it does, though. If it turns out that it doesn't, you should make sure to check Link's Crossbow Training. Skull Kid is in that game, and it's a Wii-only title. I seriously hope that we can get a playable Darknut! *drools*

Tsuyoshio

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if Twilight Princess uses MDL0 files, considering it's a Gamecube port. Maybe it does, though. If it turns out that it doesn't, you should make sure to check Link's Crossbow Training. Skull Kid is in that game, and it's a Wii-only title. I seriously hope that we can get a playable Darknut! *drools*

Wait wait skull kid is in that game and nobody has done him yet -_-

Batandy

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, i could do it, but i can't rip games and get isos.
Anyway i'm not a fan of Klonoa
And i really hope that we can post models here.
Mainly because if we posted the Brawl models, why we can't post other models?

Overdrive64

Smash Journeyman
@TBUSH,

I saw you tell a few people you had access to Winter Olympics.

If you could find it in your heart of hearts to send me Blaze I'd reward you with 2800 Overdrive64 fun bucks :D (Worth no monetary value!)

Edit: No hurry: It'll be a week until I have access to homebrew again

Suren

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, i could do it, but i can't rip games and get isos.
Anyway i'm not a fan of Klonoa
And i really hope that we can post models here.
Mainly because if we posted the Brawl models, why we can't post other models?
Because of stepping over the boundaries of law suits and crap like that or something. What everyone is doing is already a big sin. This kinda passes that up by a long shot. Not that Nintendo cares anymore anyways. Has anyone else noticed the slowdown in wii sales? I smell fishy nintendo planning for new hardware business going on.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
"What everyone is doing is already a big sin"

Please elaborate. As far as I know, ripping models from a purchased product is fine. You just can't distribute said models.

Suren

Smash Journeyman
"What everyone is doing is already a big sin"

Please elaborate. As far as I know, ripping models from a purchased product is fine. You just can't distribute said models.
Which is what was being asked. The distribution of the models. Technically ripping the models is wrong too. Let me put this as simple as possible. Pretend Nintendo is just a person, you walk into their house and turn their television around and they are not allowed to move it back. Same deal here. We are messing with property of nintendo. Now falling into play about outside models, its like stealing someones personal belongings and giving them to someone else. Saying you own the product so you can hack it is like saying if you owned a crowbar you should be allowed to pry someones door off and go into their house uninvited.

Everything commited to modifying the content of the game or extracting to another source reguardless of distribution is a sin.

Wiimote

Smash Cadet
I tried it on Final Destination yesterday, actually. It'll work, and Wiimote could modify FD's animation to make Moonview proper size. :)
Oh sweet. Which of FD's animations do I edit, though...? I've never replaced FD with a different model before, so I'm kinda lost. ._.

Also, did you try editing an animation to see if it would scale its size?

EDIT: I just tried to make an animation to try to scale its size. Didn't work for me; I must be doing something wrong. >.>

Wind Owl

Smash Lord
Which is what was being asked. The distribution of the models. Technically ripping the models is wrong too. Let me put this as simple as possible. Pretend Nintendo is just a person, you walk into their house and turn their television around and they are not allowed to move it back. Same deal here. We are messing with property of nintendo. Now falling into play about outside models, its like stealing someones personal belongings and giving them to someone else. Saying you own the product so you can hack it is like saying if you owned a crowbar you should be allowed to pry someones door off and go into their house uninvited.

Everything commited to modifying the content of the game or extracting to another source reguardless of distribution is a sin.
Except that Nintendo is not just a person, you aren't messing with anything they can perceive, they can move their TV back whenever the hell they want (even though you didn't move theirs, you moved yours), and I don't even know where you got the notion of stealing someone's belongings, because Nintendo doesn't lose a **** thing. The crowbar reference doesn't make sense either.

If you're so keen on conceptualizing it with tangible objects, it's like if you bought a boxed lunch from someone and put sausage in it because you didn't like the chicken.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
Except that Nintendo is not just a person, you aren't messing with anything they can perceive, they can move their TV back whenever the hell they want (even though you didn't move theirs, you moved yours), and I don't even know where you got the notion of stealing someone's belongings, because Nintendo doesn't lose a **** thing. The crowbar reference doesn't make sense either.

If you're so keen on conceptualizing it with tangible objects, it's like if you bought a boxed lunch from someone and put sausage in it because you didn't like the chicken.
Gotta agree with ya :l.

Suren

Smash Journeyman

That would be the reference if nintendo was the person asking us to change "their" boxed lunch. It would be more like making them change the lunch they had. And about the belongings, I wasn't referring to nintendo, I was referring to the games we extract the outside files from. Consider each game a house. Take personal belongings from one game and putting them into another. Aside the that point, I was just trying to say that what is being done is all pretty well illegal therefore all considered sin. We put ourself in even deeper water if we start taking things from other games and put them into brawl. Do I care? Not really but its a point I was trying to prove.

Batandy

Smash Apprentice
lol wierd...now if i edit the Motion of Klonoa,and i save, Brawl Box crashes.But it works right if i use the version 6.0 of BrawlBox.Anyway ds22 if you want you can give me the .arc files only.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
lol wierd...now if i edit the Motion of Klonoa,and i save, Brawl Box crashes.But it works right if i use the version 6.0 of BrawlBox.Anyway ds22 if you want you can give me the .arc files only.
.arc's are openable in brawlbox, right? So you might be able to extract the models from it :3. I dont know what you'd do with Skull Kid though :l.

SqLeon

Smash Journeyman
This could help a lot more people than just him, so could you continue, please?
sure, export the animation data of an actual character,(or alloy, which is what I did) and open it in a hex editor. Copy the entire thing until you get to the first CHR0. See how many bytes that is. Then see how many bytes it is from the beginning to the first CHR0 in the other animation data(the one from another game). If it's smaller than the original character's, then when you paste it, it will overwrite some of the CHR0. So add some bytes right before the CHR0 to make them equal. Paste(overwrite) and you should end up with the beginning of the animation data from the original character and everything else from the other character, without the extra bytes you added. Save that and open it in BrawlBox. This time, the folders shouldn't even have names, just completely random symbols. When you expand the first folder, there is one CHR0 listed. It doesn't have a name, or a frame count, and both of the unknowns are messed up. The rest of the file is non-recognizable to BB.(except for some strange msg files I found in there). Give that one chr0 a name, change the unknowns to 0. And change the frame count to 100. Export that animation and test it out in BrawlBox. If it works, awesome. To get the rest of the animations, you just have to keep on emptying out the file. Copy the entire first chr0, and delete it from the file. That would make the second one right up against the header. With the first one deleted. Repeat the renaming part.

Wind Owl

Smash Lord
[COLLAPSE=Stuff]sure, export the animation data of an actual character,(or alloy, which is what I did) and open it in a hex editor. Copy the entire thing until you get to the first CHR0. See how many bytes that is. Then see how many bytes it is from the beginning to the first CHR0 in the other animation data(the one from another game). If it's smaller than the original character's, then when you paste it, it will overwrite some of the CHR0. So add some bytes right before the CHR0 to make them equal. Paste(overwrite) and you should end up with the beginning of the animation data from the original character and everything else from the other character, without the extra bytes you added. Save that and open it in BrawlBox. This time, the folders shouldn't even have names, just completely random symbols. When you expand the first folder, there is one CHR0 listed. It doesn't have a name, or a frame count, and both of the unknowns are messed up. The rest of the file is non-recognizable to BB.(except for some strange msg files I found in there). Give that one chr0 a name, change the unknowns to 0. And change the frame count to 100. Export that animation and test it out in BrawlBox. If it works, awesome. To get the rest of the animations, you just have to keep on emptying out the file. Copy the entire first chr0, and delete it from the file. That would make the second one right up against the header. With the first one deleted. Repeat the renaming part.[/COLLAPSE]
Is your name a combination of Squall, Leon, and Structured Query Language?
If so, that's very clever. :bee:

Can't download ARC Extractor.
And I have some work to do before I can look for the Model.
I wouldn't recommend using that. I'm trying to use various PC programs to look inside the ARCs, but I'll get back to you on whether it works or not. :ohwell:

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
Well, I have a deep personal interest in importing Midna, so I will look for your Skull Kid on the way. I'm looking at the ISO now.
Midna would be an interesting character. I support this :3.

EDIT: Would it be possible to import Wolf Link as a GFX file and turn Link's down B into something similar to Zelda/Sheik where it turns him into wolf link?

Batandy

Smash Apprentice
Well, i've tried to use Klonoa (as Mario)
The result is that i've got a silent freeze (you don't hear the BEEEEEEEP,the game is simply stuck at the loading screen)
I think that i need to rename his bones properly.
But for a test i'm going to load it as Stage.
Anyway yess! Midna for the Win!
Also, i've thinked another interesting model : Dark Samus from Metroid Prime 3
(the Echoes version is better to me, but MPT is a port, so there will not be mdl0s probably.)

Top Bottom