• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MDL0 files from Non-Brawl games

Demonslayerx8

Smash Cadet
NNID
Demonslayerx8
hey RTB.... i cant seem to find Cubchoo in my iso at all... went through every brres files in the pokemon file, no Cubchoo/Kumasyun at all

edit: hahah nvm... i just saw in ur post above bout the .res files xD

John2k4

The End of an Era
Note about some of the MDL files in Kirby R.T.D.:

Some end in *.cmpbin. If run through NTCompress, they will seem to error out. However, the output file will still be generated, and can be opened normally.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
So, Mario and Sonic at the 2012 Olympic Games has one big CPK called "William.cpk" (Prince Williams, maybe?), but I can't run it throught CPK Unpack or QuickBms's CPK script.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
So, Mario and Sonic at the 2012 Olympic Games has one big CPK called "William.cpk" (Prince Williams, maybe?), but I can't run it throught CPK Unpack or QuickBms's CPK script.
You'll need the CRI Packed File Maker Noesis to decompress that file. Make sure you have an extra 2GB handy on your hard drive, though.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
How dare you RTB ;_;
How would I go extracting it in Noesis? Dragging-and-dropping does nothing.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
How dare you RTB ;_;
How would I go extracting it in Noesis? Dragging-and-dropping does nothing.
Direct Noesis to the same folder with the CPK file in the left column, then it should appear in the middle column. Afterwards, double-click the CPK file, and Noesis should pop up with a message that says "This file type cannot be previewed, but may be exportable. Would you like to export?" Click on "Yes", then another window will pop up. Click on "OK" at the bottom, and the CPK will unpack to a folder with the same name as the CPK, with "_files" at the end (so in this case, it would be "William_files"). Let it run until it's finished, and you're good to go.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I guess that so called CPK compression is pretty much the reason why you don't see any hacks related to the Mario & Sonic series titles; although you can decompress the files, there's no way to recompress them.

John2k4

The End of an Era
Fun Fact - Bit.Trip Runner uses 3D models for the 2D Commander Video...

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Direct Noesis to the same folder with the CPK file in the left column, then it should appear in the middle column. Afterwards, double-click the CPK file, and Noesis should pop up with a message that says "This file type cannot be previewed, but may be exportable. Would you like to export?" Click on "Yes", then another window will pop up. Click on "OK" at the bottom, and the CPK will unpack to a folder with the same name as the CPK, with "_files" at the end (so in this case, it would be "William_files"). Let it run until it's finished, and you're good to go.
http://i.imgur.com/Ite5L.png

I highlighted the folder in Noesis, like you said, and nothing appears :\

I've actually been having this problem with Noesis for a while...

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Kamen rider Climax heroes fourze uses MDL0
Yeah, I didn't think they'd stray from the MDL0 format they've used in the past two games.

Fortune Street also uses MDL0. The Mario characters seem to use a more "spinoff" style, as seen in the Mario Party series (> 3) and Mario and Sonic at the Olympic (Winter) Games, for example (as opposed to the "new" models in Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games or Mario Sports Mix).

John2k4

The End of an Era
Chaotic: Shadow Warriors seems to have all the game-based data in an ARC file titled "data.arc" (965MB). Every U8 Tool I have tried has not been able to extract it; any ideas?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Chaotic: Shadow Warriors seems to have all the game-based data in an ARC file titled "data.arc" (965MB). Every U8 Tool I have tried has not been able to extract it; any ideas?
You can always try ntcompress.exe to see if that works. Of course, you may want to do a memory dump to see if Chaotic: Shadow Warriors has MDL0 files or not.

If it doesn't, then trying to decompress that file is pretty much pointless.

John2k4

The End of an Era
NTCompress came up blank; I'll try a memory dump.
What would i need to look for in a memory dump that would indicate MDL0?

John2k4

The End of an Era
Confirming that Chaotic Shadow Warriors does not contain model files in MDL0 format. Memory dump suggests that it is using .DSP format.

John2k4

The End of an Era
I noticed that this morning. >.<
Although many searches did not reveal MDL0 anywhere in the game, I am Re-Dumping it now to try and see what it's using.

--
Here's some more extensions. No trace of MDL0.

Some not pictured: .SKIN, .SHD

gabrielwoj

Smash Apprentice
Hey, how do I extract Zelda Skyward Sword ARC's?
I have a lot of arc extractors, but I couldn't.
I'm trying to extract "object.arc.LZ"

Someone help!

ANLGC

Smash Apprentice
Hey, how do I extract Zelda Skyward Sword ARC's?
I have a lot of arc extractors, but I couldn't.
I'm trying to extract "object.arc.LZ"

Someone help!
I know what to do. LZ is an LZSS compression. I use a "Codec LZSS DS" to decompress them. I can send it to you on PM if you like?
The program is in French, but you can tell by the words.

John2k4

The End of an Era
I believe you can just use QuickBMS and the appropriate LZSS decompression script listed in the OP.
[collapse=LZSS Script]
get name BASENAME
string name + "_ext."
get name1 extension
string name + name1
get zsize asize
comtype lz77wii
clog name 0 zsize zsize[/collapse]

gabrielwoj

Smash Apprentice
Didn't worked.
But I got a guide on GBAtemp, and it's working. Thanks for the help guys

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Blah.

I checked Cartoon Network: Punch Time Explosion XL (for the Wii) and it has .wii files :<

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850
Blah.

I checked Cartoon Network: Punch Time Explosion XL (for the Wii) and it has .wii files :<
I have MDL0 files with the .dan extension >_>

and RTB, glad to see ya :D
I can't seem to contact you on KC-MM...

anyways, I wanted to ask,
would you by chance happen to know how to generate the group ID's for the resource groups??

and also the prev and next index ID's
(I get confused when I even try to think of how that works)

thanx :)

RuKeN

Smash Journeyman
hi!

i will extract files of DQ monster battle road victory

files are in .arc.z

i use a LZSS script and can't extract its

how i can extract the files of .arc.z?

John2k4

The End of an Era
If it is a .arc file, try running it through a U8Tool.

Another one I can think of is NTCompress.

Demonslayerx8

Smash Cadet
NNID
Demonslayerx8
just stopping by to say i have found TEX0 files in Samurai Warriors 3.... so yeah, hope that helped ya out RTB! their in their own bres file btw

edit:
well... forget wat i said.... none of the TEX0 data wont open in BB

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
just stopping by to say i have found TEX0 files in Samurai Warriors 3.... so yeah, hope that helped ya out RTB! their in their own bres file btw

edit:
well... forget wat i said.... none of the TEX0 data wont open in BB
What are the texture formats? The only one that BrawlBox has issues with is the CI14x2 texture format.

Hint: With a hex editor, the following values will tell you the texture format of the TEX0 data.

00 = I4
01 = I8
02 = IA4
03 = IA8
04 = RGB565
05 = RGB5A3
06 = RGBA8
08 = CI4
09 = CI8
0A = CI14x2
0E = CMPR

In a TEX0 file, the texture format hex value is at offset 0x23.

Demonslayerx8

Smash Cadet
NNID
Demonslayerx8
What are the texture formats? The only one that BrawlBox has issues with is the CI14x2 texture format.

Hint: With a hex editor, the following values will tell you the texture format of the TEX0 data.

00 = I4
01 = I8
02 = IA4
03 = IA8
04 = RGB565
05 = RGB5A3
06 = RGBA8
08 = CI4
09 = CI8
0A = CI14x2
0E = CMPR

In a TEX0 file, the texture format hex value is at offset 0x23.
well it says 0E... but they wont open in BB.... im not giving up yet... but it might be cause i dont have the whole brres file hexed out yet xD

edit: hmm their all 0E... but some brres files thats like that wont load... imma take a deeper look into it... but i have seen 06 in some that wont open, which does contain a MDL0 data with it

edit2:
cant seem to find the texture data for the characters tho...

ANLGC

Smash Apprentice
Ok I'm not sure you guys know about this but I release a Tut of how to fix TOS2 models. It was released on the first day of the year. If you guys are planning a character PSA, please check at "Tales of VS: Wii Port" kc-mm.com for details and making sure if there isn't any project for that character you will like to do!
The video tut is in my Emil Project Thread.
Note: This will fix most glitches such as removing properties from bones, most of the lighting effects, and more!
I may have to do a written tutorial for some models. You will see why if you take a look at it. :)

:phone:

Demonslayerx8

Smash Cadet
NNID
Demonslayerx8
RTB... i kno that u say that Sengoku Basara uses .fpk files... but i dont see any, all i see is .arc files...

I tried to use U8Tool to export anything from it, but i get nothing. even using NTCompress does nothing.. so yeah can some1 help me out here?

Top Bottom