• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MDL0 files from Non-Brawl games

AdfroMan

Smash Rookie
I've got some character models from Mario Kart Wii and I'm trying to convert them to brawl with Fortwaffles Model Importing Pack but the weird thing is that Baby Luigi and Dry Bones work but none of the others do. Why don't the other characters work?

BobHop

Smash Rookie
Anyone around here having access to a japanese MH3 ISO?
I've got the european version of MH3 ; I guess it doesn't help ? :p

Speaking of Monster Hunter Tri, I've just finished auto-hexing all creatures models to use them with BrawlBox, and it does work for almost all of them... For some reason, models named em015 (Lagiacrus) and em019 (Agnaktor) will always crash BrawlBox when I try to preview them or to open the MDL0 tree. If I click "continue" on the crash dialog, I can still preview the bones of the model but that's it. Ah, interestingly enough, both creatures share an almost identical skeleton (they move mostly the same in game).

So I've tried hex editing them myself, in case the automatic hexer couldn't deal with a few specific bytes ; but it didn't change anything. I followed the original tutorial for hexing by hand, but when it comes to exporting the MDL0 part from the hacked BRRES file it just doesn't work ! I can't go on and hex the required values for materials and polygons... The header seems to be a problem already.

Could anyone help me solve this ? I can upload the original BRRES if you want to compare (working and non-working creatures).

alexjol

Smash Apprentice
NNID
alexjol
3DS FC
2836-0788-1479
I've got the european version of MH3 ; I guess it doesn't help ? :p

Speaking of Monster Hunter Tri, I've just finished auto-hexing all creatures models to use them with BrawlBox, and it does work for almost all of them... For some reason, models named em015 (Lagiacrus) and em019 (Agnaktor) will always crash BrawlBox when I try to preview them or to open the MDL0 tree. If I click "continue" on the crash dialog, I can still preview the bones of the model but that's it. Ah, interestingly enough, both creatures share an almost identical skeleton (they move mostly the same in game).

So I've tried hex editing them myself, in case the automatic hexer couldn't deal with a few specific bytes ; but it didn't change anything. I followed the original tutorial for hexing by hand, but when it comes to exporting the MDL0 part from the hacked BRRES file it just doesn't work ! I can't go on and hex the required values for materials and polygons... The header seems to be a problem already.

Could anyone help me solve this ? I can upload the original BRRES if you want to compare (working and non-working creatures).
+1

That totally screwed up my Lagiacrus lake stage idea. But maybe in-game it could work. Maybe it's just a brawlbox problem :ohwell:

kangaroogreen

Smash Ace
RTB, you probably should put in the op that dragonball revenge of king piccolo needs you to delete everything before "bres" in a hex editor. and then rename the file extension to brres in order to be able to run it through the auto hexer.

Edit: also, what was the file that had the world tournament in it. And why don't any of the models have textures. :confused:

MikeYoshi

Smash Rookie
I got Buizel's model from PokePark loaded in BrawlBox. Sadly, he freezes the game, no matter how many bones I add. I've also done a fresh conversion in case I made a mistake and no luck.

Also, I was replacing FitLucario00.pac. Maybe his aura effects were causing freezes? I would edit them out with PSA, but I have no idea how any of those commands work.

And the Brawl Model extractor says there's a polygon type it doesn't understand, maybe Brawl doesn't like it either?

The same model doesn't load in Mario Kart Wii, either. It seems like it only wants to be in PokePark.

Any idea of anything I can try aside from replacing a different character?

Senjen

Smash Apprentice
Hi RTB i made something in blender and it reminds me of that sandvich you ripped from team fortress 2

anywho i present to you zee Cracker .... http://senjen.deviantart.com/#/d2umq2o if you want to you could try to convert it to brawl format and see if it works ...

and make it a item or make a cracker based stage 0.0

here's the link to download it ...

http://www.mediafire.com/?hki4pxdi41wb3fg

if you don't have blender i suggest downloading version 2.49 ^^ it's the one i used to make it ... but any version can read the .blend file

DahremRuhar

Smash Ace
How do I rip models from Pokemon Rumble?
Its on the op I believe. Memory Dump from Dolphin.

I remember back when this page actually was full of people actually doing something. Now its just people asking things that have already been clarified, usually on the OP. Next it will be: "Does PBR use MDL0?" all over again.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Its on the op I believe. Memory Dump from Dolphin.

I remember back when this page actually was full of people actually doing something. Now its just people asking things that have already been clarified, usually on the OP. Next it will be: "Does PBR use MDL0?" all over again.
For Pokémon Rumble's models, use lzh8_cmpdec, located here, to decompress the arc.cx files, then use U8Tool to extract the ARC. My Pokémon Ranch has a different compression format, and therefore can only be extracted from a memory dump.

AdfroMan

Smash Rookie
For Pokémon Rumble's models, use lzh8_cmpdec, located here, to decompress the arc.cx files, then use U8Tool to extract the ARC. My Pokémon Ranch has a different compression format, and therefore can only be extracted from a memory dump.
Thanks, really appreciate it but how do I do a memory dump in Dolphin?

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Can anyone with Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles or Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles send me hexed models of a shotgun, SMG, and pistol? If you're wondering, it's because I'm working on Jill Valentine, in her S.T.A.R.S. outfit.

Also, RandomTBush, when do you think you could make the Portal gun? I plan on making two other ZSS hacks, and I need it for one of them (Obvious hack is obvious).

Matteron

Smash Ace
Can anyone with Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles or Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles send me hexed models of a shotgun, SMG, and pistol? If you're wondering, it's because I'm working on Jill Valentine, in her S.T.A.R.S. outfit.

-jill

Also, RandomTBush, when do you think you could make the Portal gun? I plan on making two other ZSS hacks, and I need it for one of them (Obvious hack is obvious).

ME WANT CHELL NOW!

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Haha, great picture. :p

And since I have Portal textures, I'll be able to do a perfect Chell by basing myself on them, and adapting what I need to use on the actual textures. I'll also try to vertex hack her feet, if I can.

Lucania

Smash Rookie
Hello, I have a little problem, I hope I'm on the right section.
I'm using WiiScrubber to navigate through an ISO, and I found that almost all the data (models, music, stages, sounds and videos) are inside of .data, .bnk and .dict files. Is there a way to open them so I can extract what I need (mainly the models and the videos)?

Ah yeah, I'm talking about the Punch-Out game.

Lucania

Smash Rookie
Oh darn, both Punch-Out and Metroid Prime 3 don't share that kind of format, and I suppose that there's not converting tools that works with them. Too bad. Well, thanks! ;)

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Where's mah shotugown, sub machine guunzu, and peestawl?

Nah, seriously, anyone has the ISO?

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
How do you use U8Tool to extract a model from an ARC file?

I run U8Tool, click on the "..." next to Archive File, click on the ARC, and then click extract.

But it always says "Run Time Error '5'; Invalid procedure call or argument" and then closes.

EDIT: I got the BRRES files out using hex editing, but there's no textures...

Sin and Punishment: Star Successor has MDL0's, but they're packed in ARC files.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Hey RandomTBush, the download link for the Arc Rise model converter thing is dead. (http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=3636&sid=c3445c389a6134056425984f80fa03c9)

Do you think you can reupload it if you have it?
The ZIP file that had been originally linked to just contained a few model files from the game.

Code:
get HEADER filename
string HEADER -= 4
string HEADER += \
idstring "RTDP"
endian BIG
get OFF long
get FILES long
get ARCSIZE long
get UNK long
getdstring NULL 0xC
for i = 0 < FILES
set RES_NAME HEADER
getdstring NAME 0x20
string RES_NAME += NAME
get SIZE long
get OFFSET long
math OFFSET += OFF
filexor 0x55
log RES_NAME OFFSET SIZE
filexor ""
next i
Just paste that script in a TXT file, and use it with QuickBMS on the character's original files. Don't have any of the original, compressed files handy, but it should work.

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
I remember a request asking if Code Lyoko for wii had MDL0's. It does not. :(

It uses .GCN .cp2 and .pc files. it does have some .TGA's though. buts it for HUD.

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
Anyone have a manual LZ77 decompressor or something like that. Im trying to Extract Models from Bomberman Blast.

ManicHedgehog

Smash Rookie
Just for the record, wii fit does use mdl0s, they are compressed into .carc files and need to be extracted as .szs files for use with the szs modifier, from which you can extract the .brreses.

MrRandomZGuy1

Smash Rookie
Can anybody please tell me where the pokemons are located in pokepark. I tried finding them i cant. I even downloaded the PAL and JAPANESE and still cant find it, ive found models from different games but not this one, can someone help me out.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Can anybody please tell me where the pokemons are located in pokepark. I tried finding them i cant. I even downloaded the PAL and JAPANESE and still cant find it, ive found models from different games but not this one, can someone help me out.
Can't remember what the folder was called with them in it, but they're all packed in "Res00.dan", "Res01.dan", "Res02.dan", and "Res03.dan". I've sent you the decompressed models to save you some time.

Top Bottom