• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MD/VA Power Rankings: Updated 8/14/12

ESOJOSE

Smash Ace
Jose, some **** you should know about Roll.

Roll > Casshern is amazing team. He can reset a lot of Roll's sweep combos. For example, combo into sweep into Roll Rush. Right before it ends, you can tag Casshern and his tag combo is OTG (on the ground) as soon as he hits the downed opponent Roll can Roll Charge again. Also, I believe you can combo variations of the Roll Charge into the same Roll Charge without an assist.

Roll > Joe sucks. This was my main team. None of their supers setup or compliment for each other.

How different is this game from the Japanese version? Man, I need to get this game TODAY.

Me, Chillin, Azen, Okin, and Greg use to be the Kings of this game! Greg, you better stop playing Dissidia and play this instead.
Thanks Omni. V joe and roll were my first team but i dropped vjoe. i wanna c how zero and the other new characters are especially Zero. Ill also give Casshern a try wit her. Her sweep is tooooo goodz. lol.

So...the bottom line is that Roll is good?

A lot of people were saying she's bad.
I think i heard that in the *** ranking list, roll is bottom tier. though i believe she has some fun potential.:)

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Thanks Omni. V joe and roll were my first team but i dropped vjoe. i wanna c how zero and the other new characters are especially Zero. Ill also give Casshern a try wit her. Her sweep is tooooo goodz. lol.

I think i heard that in the *** ranking list, roll is bottom tier. though i believe she has some fun potential.:)
No Roll is about high to middle tier. The best characters are conveniently the street fighter characters and Karas. Not sure about Zero being too good. Doing multiple hypers with Ryu is stupid easy and aerial combos. Casshern is fun though. Summons a dog to breath fire and not scared of anything.

Final Fantasy XIV

Banned via Warnings
Hmmm, I remember i got 4th out of like 20 at that one TVC tourney we had ,and the only smasher to place higher than me was omni, though he lost to the same 2 people I did (3rd)

I remember beating Azen at said tourney. I get no credit XD

Oh well, if Zero is actually good I'll pick it up, if he's not, I'm passing.

chillindude829

Smash Master
no offense taj, but azen had played maybe 2 hours of that game by the time that tourney happened, and i doubt anyone had played as much as you except maybe the top 2 placers.

so yea

Shinku

Smash Champion
ahhh tvc, i use to love that game until i fought this really gay tekkaman/snake ***** team. all he did was run away and use the team combo. i might play that game again if i can get my hands on the us version.

ShadoFiend

Smash Lord
Oh yeeaa. If you haven't seen Avatar in 3D go see that ****. Ashes were flying everywhere. I swear one landed on my leg. ****ing bats flew out my screen. Dropped my drink on the floor. HYPE!!!

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion
OMG Inui, stop bothering the other regions!

If you don't like TvC, then shushhh ****.

Get at my drunk Ping Pong skills MD/VA :D

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
errr. i know how to combo, but my approaches are wack. i don't know how to baroque. or do crossover stuff.

i can't advanced guard.

uhhh.

i just randomly use assists w/o purpose. i don't know when to mega crash.

So much to learn :D

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Baroque after you do a Neutral-C (5C). It has the most hitstun during your combos. After the Baroque you usually have time to dash in and repeat or just start the combo over again. BBQ'ing uses up your red life (so you can't regain it if you switch partners) but it allows you to do more damage in your combo.

Don't spam advance guard. You'll end up doing an attack or a dash and then getting hit.

Some assist can help continue ground combos or start air combos.

Mega crash when someone lands an aerial on you and is about to begin a ground combo, launcher, aerial wave. If you know they tend to mess up their combos you can "test" their technical ability, but yea. Just use it when someone is about to start a major combo.

Final Fantasy XIV

Banned via Warnings
be creative, cancel a combo with baroque (the less red life you have, the more damage you do) and then reset that with an assist if you have someone like Ryu, Jun, Ken, etc. who has a comboable assist (no throws, knockdowns etc.)

most simple combos in that game are way too easy, that's not the hard part, spacing, safe approaches, advancing guard, and not wasting mega crash are all very important.

also don't launch your opponent too quickly, you're wasting alot of meter and damage, make sure ground combos are complete before starting aerial combos

hmm.....i think i'll pick up the U.S version and a stick after i sell all this WoW gold.

Top Bottom