• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MD/VA Power Rankings: Updated 8/14/12

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
Did you really just compete with philly in our thread?
Gotcha. Let me know lol it would definitely be hype to have some of MD/VA at this/
>_> I wasn't even aware the link to that was posted here.. ^I just saw someone from your region is interested in coming so I thought I'd try to get more. Besides, stuff like this happens when theres 2 tourneys on the same day ;o

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
what's crazy is that you're going all the way to NC from NY just to run a tourney

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
SKTAR Update

Hey folks, who's all going to SKtar? I've gotten the wife to sign off on it (lol) so I'll be headed up for a 2 day national. I would like to get a nice carpool/hotel room for 1 night (Saturday night) because my wife doesn't like to stay at home by herself at night time, so I'd really like to head up Saturday morning.

With that in mind, who's interested? I will not travel farther than Phil's house to come get you- so you either need to come up here and meet me (you are welcome to stay at our place Friday night, there is a pull out bed, crappy futon, and some floor space and plenty of tvs) and I will take everyone up for the event early Saturday morning.

If you haven't signed up for SKTAR, I recommend signing up today, since the prices go up tomorrow.

Reasons why you should go:

-Food is provided there for very cheap (hot dogs, hamburgers, etc.). No need to run around Jersey looking for a restaurant (especially when you can't turn left there.)
-Europe's top 3 are coming here. Gluttony, Mr. R, and Leon are all going to be in attendance (Mr. R is already here in the states.) Obviously there will be a large NJ/NY showing as well.
- There are already 50 people registered attending, and 140 planned on AiB.
- I'm part of the TO staff! That means no one will get seeded badly from MD/VA, we won't fight each other in pools, etc. And the only TO better than me at running a tight ship is Keitaro, we believe in the same philosophies for running events. You know things will be lighting fast and very efficient.
- Our chance to prove ourselves. Let's not blow it this time. We've improved a lot staying home, now let's get it big.

See you all there!

Edit: I did some additional research, to investigate the cost involved. If I have a 5 man carpool and all 5 of us stay in the Best Western less than a mile from the venue (my wife and I stayed there last time, it's quite good), it will cost you about 29 bucks per person for the trip (gas and hotel.) That's peddler's change compared to what it would cost to get to whobo even using the bussing system, and I can get a room with 2 double beds.

Top Bottom