• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MD/VA Power Rankings: Updated 8/14/12

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
I think people who know the difference between a tier list and power rankings should be allowed to speak ;)

agreed to emphasis complete disregard of tants opinion

Welcome to America naive black man...
**** that's a big insult :c

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Man, you're really bad with placings.

Chu got 9th, first of all. He also lost to the person who got 1st.

The event wasn't ignored, it just simply didn't sway the season rankings any further.
I was off by one placing, my bad. OH and he lost to the person that won the tournament logic is horrible, plus, you just told me that who you lost to is least important

@gimr: how about you let us be panelist and you stay free

LOL, how many times did you beat be with your MK Tuesday? Oh yeah that's right, :chuckle:

It counted last season, it won't count this season, simple enough?
My point is that there is no way that the game pad tournament couldn't sway the rankings with all that happened.

Also, we have a panelist that is completely Bias and told me this at the Harrisburg tournament

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
if winning 2 games out of 100 overall against my MK, and never placing over me in any tournament ever makes you that happy that's all peaches and cream sweetheart

chillax, i'm bustin your balls because you're easily frustrated

also, gimr, who is the panelist that is completely bias. might as well get everything out in the open since it's almost there

KageMurphy

Smash Master
GIMR all your arguing about last season is so irrelevant, we discussed that event and decided Chu's clear dominance that season apart from one event was fine. June was number 1 and still did enough to only fall to second, followed closely by Candy and PS, now I can't recall all the events of last season and I'm not going back through the discussion cause you know, its last season but everything was discussed.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
I hope MD/Va has all been entertained by all of this Drama, but alas I must say:

Admit it, I got you guys

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
It was me because I totally said I wanted to beat PS and knock him out of bracket, because it would look terrible for me to knock him out

I never got to play him. Who cares. I have people I like more than others but so does everyone. But when it's rankings time it's rankings time, no bias, just results.

Omni

BRoomer
i call bs on your trolling @ gimr

ninja'd: knew it! troll escaping is not sucessful

for clarification tant is neutral when it comes to rankings; dont see any biasness at all

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
Gimr's has been defeated.

He was down to 1 HP then used self-destruct.
Now Omni and Gimr are dead. lol

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Thanks, Steve.

I really am not biased when it comes to rankings and also said that while in harrisburg but still want to beat PS. I hate olimar.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
i call bs on your trolling @ gimr

ninja'd: knew it! troll escaping is not sucessful

for clarification tant is neutral when it comes to rankings; dont see any biasness at all
are you saying my trolling is trolling? :chuckle:

no but seriously, the bias thing is really the only thing I posted that I'm taking 100 percent seriously.

Edit: reading Omni's post, I'll say that I believe him. You got to understand though, when some one is on the panel, and he tells me he's really pushing for junebug and he really wants him to get first, it's hard to believe that he isn't bias when it comes to voting

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I wasn't pushing for June, at all. In fact, I never said that at all. I always want to be I always support my boi june. I want him to be the best in the world. But when it comes to rankings it's based on who placed the best.

I also have no problem being completely honest and owning up to my mistakes, when they happen. Even mentioning that idea to you was really silly and won't happen again, no worries.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
I wasn't pushing for June, at all. In fact, I never said that at all. I always want to be I always support my boi june. I want him to be the best in the world. But when it comes to rankings it's based on who placed the best.

I also have no problem being completely honest and owning up to my mistakes, when they happen. Even mentioning that idea to you was really silly and won't happen again, no worries.
okay. Like I said, since Omni's vouching for you then I believe you.

On another note: why do you care so much about how Junebug does on the rankings and in tournament?(I'm actually curious)

for example, Me and PS play 2 to 3 times a week, we always coach each other in tourney. We're the same age. We are really good friends. Because of this we really want each other to place well at tourney

Omni

BRoomer
could be a combination of tant not liking ps/olimar
and him liking june/lucario

i wanna see my boy coney get 1st in the rankings/win tournaments over a lot of people. it's cool to have favorites

@alan: that is a sexy falco. who is he?

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Because I've known June since day 1 of his tournament career. It was also coneys' first event and I've been supportive of both of those guys ever since then. To watch them grow and surpass me and be nothing but humble about it is awesome. June and Coney and players like that keep me motivated to hold tournaments and keep trying to place better. Not to mention ee and the rest of athf.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
Because I've known June since day 1 of his tournament career. It was also coneys' first event and I've been supportive of both of those guys ever since then. To watch them grow and surpass me and be nothing but humble about it is awesome. June and Coney and players like that keep me motivated to hold tournaments and keep trying to place better. Not to mention ee and the rest of athf.
That's pretty :cool:

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
90% of md/va already said they didn't agree with last pr list, 85% of us accepted its normally going to be wrong... I have accepted you can't argue with panelists unless you won 50% of the tournies that season. its sad, but true, get with the times Gimr lol

Kenrawr

Smash Master
90% of md/va already said they didn't agree with last pr list, 85% of us accepted its normally going to be wrong... I have accepted you can't argue with panelists unless you won 50% of the tournies that season. its sad, but true, get with the times Gimr lol
you just mad you wasn't first ;o!

people just like to complain. slik and I had a nice chat later about the PR and I think he found it a lot more acceptable once explained a little more thoroughly. everyone is ignorant till they actually have all the results before them. which is...

90% of md/va

:D

rabble away my good sir

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
I presented several good arguments about several flaws with the last one -.-
junebug won one tourny last season and lost to people ranked below him, but was 2nd? candy was above me? didn't korn and boss basically have the same stats but boss was dropped?
yea...

Kenrawr

Smash Master
If you really care about it hit me up on AIM. I'll tell you as much as I'm allowed to tell. I don't wanna turn this thread into a discussion about last season's rankings.

This region is hard to rank and we try our best. Lots of people have similar placings and the reasons for who is higher aren't always obvious. I use to complain about the PR too until I got back there. Then I realized how dumb I was for arguing with people who have spent hours researching and organizing a list as to my quick glances of the OP.

Edit: holy **** idk if it's my computer acting up or what but SWF is SLOW AS **** right now. aldksjflasdjads

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I presented several good arguments about several flaws with the last one -.-
junebug won one tourny last season and lost to people ranked below him, but was 2nd? candy was above me? didn't korn and boss basically have the same stats but boss was dropped?
yea...
Completely incorrect, i'd be happy to pull up everything for you.

And i'm almost positive I explained everything to you afterwards anyways.

Kenrawr

Smash Master
LOL @ "rankings are top secret"

f@gs
Do you really have nothing else to do but to troll all day?

What is your schedule like?

Wake up

Go to school

Come home

Go into any thread, chat room, facebook status you can find and attempt to be funny/piss people off.

You're honestly pathetic and I pity the **** out of you. Now go on facebook and be butthurt and call me mean names :) You know the drill. Don't do it TOO much though. I hate getting the "Kenny, just apologize to Brandon, he won't stop QQ'ing already". ****in soft kid.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Life of kenny

Wake up go to Pika chat and talks about how much he hates e$am

go to md/va chat and ***** about how all i do is troll blah blah

go on the boards (post sometimes, usually to ***** about me)

tell brandon to stop trolling and he is dumb and a horrible person, yea

play starcraft

Kenrawr

Smash Master
Sucks that we both know only a fraction of that is true, huh?

You got dis b.

Let's continue this in the chat shall we? ;)

Top Bottom