• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MD/VA Brawl Minus Power Rankings

OBT

Savior of the Pandas
NNID
smuckersjam
D: I did! NUU... can you forgive me, Yes?

btw, do we even have enough competitive brawl- players to make a good PR? I mean, there's the 8 of you (Nairo, Delta-cod, zucco, dmbrandon, doom, ksizzle, pierce, and you (yes!)), but that's all that i'm aware of :/

i'm trying to get into competitive b-, but i haven't been to a tourney yet, so... no spot for me :/ unless I do well at apex brawl- i guess...

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
It's pretty easy to pick up. Once you learn all the bull**** each character has, it's not hard.

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
i know we have the players, but i don't really know about the activity, i think the last brawl- tourney we had was PSI. NJ players, please correct me if i'm wrong, i'm kinda behind imo :/

Nairo, Delta-cod, Zucco, dmbrandon, and doom, imo, would most likely be on top of the NJ Brawl- PR, if we had one, lol
Isn't he the guy that got 3-stocked by ally?

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Aight seagull let this die relatively quickly but there will be an update soon...a few brawl minus tourneys have popped so the list will be a little more accurate this time around

-TKO

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
1. Speed :sonic: (split $24)
2. Chu :kirby2: (split $24)
3. Powerhouse :ganondorf:
4. Boss :gw::diddy:
5. June :metaknight:
5. BMX :luigi2:
7. Kenny :pikachu2:
7. Sassy :samus2:
9. Exdia :falco:
9. Karcist :olimar: (forfeit losers)
9. Candy :snake: (forfeit losers)
9. Meep (forfeit)

List of all Brawl- tourneys. Panelists, we can discuss rankings now for an update tomorrow or tonight.

Take into account that people who didn't attend lose points for rankings for not attending, but we must still take them into account for a position on the PR if they deserve it based on performance in tourneys.

Example: Coney/Tko haven't attended a brawl- tourney recently, while all these people did so by default they will move down while Speed and Chu will definitely move up.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
lol ***** its still relevant...in all honesty though I probably coulda had better luck just starting another one but Seagulls got a good template+ I'm lazy

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Updated: 7/5/10

1. Coney :luigi2: :jigglypuff:
2. Boss :diddy: :fox:
3. Forte :link2:
4. Tko :charizard: :squirtle:
5. Kenrawr :pikachu2:
6. Chu :kirby2:
7. Pink Fresh :mario2:
8. Kreva :zerosuitsamus:
9. Sassy :samus2:
10. Exdia :falco: :ganondorf:

Honorable mentions:
Korn
Lobos

Coney's rain of terror in brawl- continues to leave fear in opponent's eyes. Still undefeatable.
Previous rankings for emphasis. Looking at the tourneys in the private group now. Thank you Tko for posting them.

Kenrawr

Smash Master
It's serious to you.

We don't have enough of a community, over half of the people on that list don't even own the game. We would need more tourneys to prove consistency from the players. Something that's important when making a PR.

Can't believe I even have to explain this.

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
It's serious to you.

We don't have enough of a community, over half of the people on that list don't even own the game. We would need more tourneys to prove consistency from the players. Something that's important when making a PR.

Can't believe I even have to explain this.
I believe maintaining this will help the community start-up, it certainly wouldn't hurt anything in my opinion.
I, for one appreciate seagull's desire to maintain this. Though I understand your opinion entirely.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
<revived it...seagull I have actually yet to see you play minus?

if you do though...wolf is actually **** in there...a little too ****...lol

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I believe maintaining this will help the community start-up, it certainly wouldn't hurt anything in my opinion.
I, for one appreciate seagull's desire to maintain this. Though I understand your opinion entirely.
Quoted for truth.

I've played it and I like it. I don't like using Wolf in it. I use Snake and Marth in it lol.

Coney

Smash Master
Example: Coney/Tko haven't attended a brawl- tourney recently, while all these people did so by default they will move down while Speed and Chu will definitely move up.
uh i got 5th at apex out of like 50-60

if i move down for missing literally only one tournament of only 12 people i riot

also yeah this is kinda ridiculous right now, maybe it'll help the community in the long run but there have literally been TWO tournaments since the last rankings, come on now

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
Well he did say he is going to wait till the end of october...

And me, exdia, and others are going to piggyback lots of tourneys and bum their venues for minus tournaments so there could be a good deal of minus tourneys by the end of october. :3

And wow, I didn't know it was that many people coney :G
Very impressive, especially with nerfed luigi.

Takeover1806

Smash Champion

Wolf is gay, so is everyone else.

lol @ these rankings.
Brawl minus side tourney's now?

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Wolf is gay, so is everyone else.

lol @ these rankings.
Brawl minus side tourney's now?
I encourage more tourneys so more data can be assessed to make the next power rankings at the end of October.

Zak check the PR discussion group....

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
such a broad
stupid
from takeover as usual

and i would like to see more b- side tournies

Coney

Smash Master
i posted in the group

it really depends on what you think is going to happen. do you think a PR will help the scene grow? or do you think the scene should grow before making a PR? i say the second but i could be wrong.

for the record, NJ doesn't have a PR and they are considerably better than us at this game. me and maybe a few others (i only say that because of MU inexperience, i foresee some of our best like chu and boss getting destroyed by characters they haven't encountered yet, despite being better players) in md/va can hang with most of them i think, but they have a few players completely beyond our levels and even their weaker players would probably demolish ours

if yall wanna take this game seriously, then take this game seriously. start now!

speaking of this, would anyone be interested in a minus-only smashfest at my place? i wanna play powerhouse and develop our scene. if you guys really wanna power level, i only play one character but he's probably the most common...and i daresay i'm the best with him as of yet...i also have a good MK (lol) and i'm trying to pick up ddd.

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
omg that would be lovely brawl - smashfest.
Wish I could come though.

I kinda disagree with your statement about why NY/NJ is more active in brawl -.
The reason that they're active is they just have more enthusiasm for the game than we do.
I wouldn't say it's because they don't have a pr.

They just have way more players that play this game, this can also explain why they are way more active in brawl tournaments.

Kenny your bowser is nothing *****, none of fnb's are a threat.
GET AT MY WOLF. lol

Tk, I post intelligently thank you son.

Coney

Smash Master
I kinda disagree with your statement about why NY/NJ is more active in brawl -.
The reason that they're active is they just have more enthusiasm for the game than we do.
I wouldn't say it's because they don't have a pr.
neither would i, that's not what i mean

what i'm saying is, despite them being the undisputed best region at this game at this moment in time, they don't have a PR. for us, a considerably weaker region, to have one seems...well...masturbatory.

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
Well, no disrespect to NJ/NY, but I don't think they will be considered too much better once their characters are nerfed lol. Considering they pretty much exclusively use the most widely considered OP characters, whereas we just use who we like generally.

Also since Diembrandon, and Doom leaving the broom, NJ seems to have a strange hatred for the game(as well as me :( ). It does not seem like they will take the game as seriously as they have in the past. I could be wrong however.

I would however very much enjoy a brawl- smashfest, I lost most hype for it months ago since you talked about it though :G

I will be bringing multiple capture cards, and splitters so we can stream a tournament if we so desire.
Though i think we should wait till a newer playtest build comes out so we can do some mass high level playtesing :p

Back to the PR though, I believe having one will encourage people to be more active. It certainly wouldn't make things less active, and quite honestly anything that can help activity for minus tournaments in exchange for just possibly looking bad for another region, is worth it. However I completely understand what you're saying.

Weegee said:
i wanna play powerhouse
Wut?
Nah i'm good. Don't need my anus widened atm thanks.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
I mean Seagull has mad like 6 prs now...(remember the low tiers PR)

but this one could be legit...and I don't see why we need to "follow the leader" over a PR...I do agree we need more data to make a valid one...but that means we need more tournies...Kenny seems to be the only person ever running B- side tournies and now that WB people are going to have to step up to the plate and get them tournies running...

also Zak, we aren't doing anything smashfesty until that house doesnt look disgusting...

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
Chudat held a small minus tourney at his last biweekly brawl tourney. I tried to go, but i had to leave before it even started :(

I'm too inexperienced to TO anything, but I may be starting up a... well, for lack of a better phrase, piggyback tournaments.

In which i request, commission, and/or bribe for(;P) the use of a brawl tournament venue, and hold a minus tournament in the main event downtime.

If i can get this going, I will also start up a minus tournament finder? As the main one might be a bit too overgeneralized for minus to get noticed by the people who care.

And @TKO and Coney: At minus tournaments where i bring streaming/capture software; Can i count on you to commentate?

I <3 you guys.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
I'll commentate without you even asking...lol

also why would you need to bring stuff?

I stream just about everything I go to if its not already being streamed

edit: nvm..if you can capture audio from mics and good video quality I'd rather you do it...I just tell people to save matches and I record them later...but I really wish we could get commentary up sometime too

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
Generally I'd bring 4+ different stream set-ups. Minus the computers... only have one laptop unfortunately.
One for melee, vbrawl, minus, and anything else we may need to stream simultaneously. Never needed more than two yet, however. So I'll probably let more active tourney goers have the other two

I only have one HQ mic though. My laptop has another built in(decent quality), and one relatively low quality, but it'd get the job done.

I can order more HQ ones. I'd definitely let you guys keep one, or two if it would get you guys doin more on your own.

And imo I don't think commentary added after it was already watched is a good idea. It will feel scripted, and fake. Even with professional commentators like you guys :p

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
Isaac: You're an idiot for spreading nonsense about "Doom and dmbrandon hate the game because they were removed from the backroom".

Not that anybody cares, but the real truth: I stopped caring about minus after (more like during) Apex when Brawl got a ****ton of hype, so I stopped visiting the BR and knew I'd eventually be kicked. I'm fairly sure the same story holds with Diem--we hated the game before we were out of the BR, son. Considering the two of us basically made 1.6, I assure you that if we cared, we would not have been removed.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
drama time

also ehh I guess so Isaac

I have one dazzle and one splitter (for video)

and then I have 2 headset mics and a splitter for that so I can get to inputs in one...and A laptop

so I guess I'll just keep doing what I do with the whole streaming and then uploading video later

Top Bottom