• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mayo Clinic: Over! The ingredients are in the bowl... Did the emulsion hold together, or did it break like so many crumbling Oreos?

D

Deleted member

how is it scummy? :confused:

I listed my reasoning, Kon and J are confirmed towns, I know I'm town, and I think Moy is too. That means you AND Barney have to be scum in my view.
Bard: "Your sense of Towniness is pretty skewed"
You: *votes for him*

And how can I even trust your word? Afaik, you're the scum. I know I'm a Doc and I've been constantly reading Bard as Town. And if he is, that would leave you and Moydow as the remaining scum.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325

And how can I even trust your word? Afaik, you're the scum. I know I'm a Doc and I've been constantly reading Bard as Town. And if he is, that would leave you and Moydow as the remaining scum.
I voted for him because he has to be scum in my view via PoE and because it's petty and using his words against him LOL since I was townreading him before.

I don't see how that's scummy. It's not like I OMGUS'd him right after he made that post. Because I didn't.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
oh well

let's just do no lynch :troll:

Moy and I will protect not!Shish and not!Barney

the vigs can shoot them and call it a game :troll:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
oh well

let's just do no lynch :troll:

Moy and I will protect not!Shish and not!Barney

the vigs can shoot them and call it a game :troll:
oh wait... we can't shoot the SK, I forgot

RIP :(

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I have my opinions on who the two culprits are, but first I think it’s important to hear who the viges shot as well as protect targets from the docs.

Regarding my actions: I protected Kon both N1 and N2.

D

Deleted member

Wait, no, hold on, a thought just popped up in my head.
I think it's pretty clear to everyone you and I have a certain history, Chu. I'm remembering what vaan said all the way back during the NZ invasion Mafia, that he left us both alive because he expected me to jump on you during LyLo.
And this went on and on, we lost FE7 Mafia because I jumped on you yet again, for example.
And besides, if you were scum, you'd want me gone asap for the same reasons, unless I've actually been protected these two Nights.

Unvote

I might be wrong about this and this may cost Town the game once again but at least I'm not gonna **** up the exact same way again.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I'm going to guess shooting Darkpit was one of the vigs' doing? He seems like an unlikely target for the SK or goon, being that we were already moving towards lynching the less active players, and he would have been high on that list.

FE is more likely a scum kill, I don't see either of the vigs shooting him (though they are welcome to claim otherwise).

So we have two shots which either got doc'd, got absorbed by the SK's bulletproof, or hit one of the two dead players. One probably a vig's shot, the other being either the SK or goon (whichever of the two didn't shoot FE, unless of course both did).

I believe the vigs were unlikely targets - no counter-claims as good as confirms them as town, which leads to them being highly likely doc targets - or at least, they would have been seen to be likely doc targets (for what it's worth, I followed this logic and doc'd Chu instead).

That leaves me, Chu, Shish, and Bard as the remaining likely targets. Unfortunately two docs went to serve the great hospital in the sky, so we can't know who they targeted, but I still think it would be useful to know who the remaining docs targeted, and likewise the vigs. Also note that someone of those four is the SK and therefore is bulletproof, so they would survive even without being doc'd.

Obviously I know I'm town, so to me it seems clear that we lynch one of Bard, Shish, or Chu. Not going to rush this since a mislynch here will make it very difficult for us to win, so no votes from me just yet.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Bah. So that happened. I assumed J would shoot darkpit so i killed fire as he was the last besides moydow on the suspect list.

This only makes me certain moydow is one of the two scums.

And pokechus defense can be quite interesting. . . I mentioned yesterday that the mafia and the sk would skew as much as possible in finding the other, because their only chance of survival is the other one living intill the town is eroded enough.

Pokechu could be realizing moydow the other of which he is, which could in turn be the reason why they are so intent on keeping moydow alive as in which doing so keeps himself alive. . .

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Bleagh. Guess we’ll wait on J, but I agree it’s likely he shot Dark Pit.

I’m gonna be working for a bit tonight, but when I get back I’ll do my usual reread.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I already did so:
I believe the vigs were unlikely targets - no counter-claims as good as confirms them as town, which leads to them being highly likely doc targets - or at least, they would have been seen to be likely doc targets (for what it's worth, I followed this logic and doc'd Chu instead).

D

Deleted member

Pokechu Pokechu @Shishœ Moydow Moydow

since i've saw all of you post, please follow up on barduls request and answer, who did you all chose to protect?
I protected Bardull for the first two Nights as I've had the most trust in him.

Though I can't say I'm as confident now that I'm creating conspiracy theories in my head so gotta love anxiety

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
I already did so:
Not the first time i haven't read indefinitely on one of your posts.

So we have bardul protecting me, you protecting pokechu, and shishoe protecting bardul. It's likely fire protected me or J since i believe thats what he said he'll do and darkpit been darkpit.

Theres bardul information but i'm not sure what much use it'll be.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
For what it's worth, the fact we have two players essentially confirmed as town (and therefore not lynch targets) makes it mathematically impossible for the goon to outright win - the best they can do is a draw. They need to hope today is a mislynch (3-1-1), the night claims two townies but they survive (1-1-1), and then hope the SK gets lynched the next day (1 town vs. 1 mafia, both shoot each other in the night, therefore... nobody wins?). Basically the goon has little reason to bother fighting on. If it were me I'd just surrender at this point and leave the remaining players with no help or information - the odds would be too heavily stacked against me for me to want to bother playing on.

This also of course means we need to ensure today is not a mislynch, if we wish the town to win - a mislynch leads to only one series of events leading to a town win, compared to the draw I already mentioned, and two situations where the SK wins. I encourage us all to take a step back and very carefully re-examine all of the evidence available to us.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Just got off work. Gonna visit with the boyfriend then hop on after some dinner.

Quick Hit, I did shoot Darkpit cuz he was a lower activity slot who also was on everyone’s uncertain list while also not being a clear read for me and a crap shoot so I shoot haha.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I'm not sure how NAR resolves but it's likely it would end in a draw if it came down to vig vs. goon. It's a pretty uphill battle and hinges on the SK's survival for another day. I don't think the mafia/SK can joint-win in this set up based on the SK's win condition.

Anyway, regarding the current situation:

Currently the narrative I'm seeing is that Pokechu/Moydow are in cahoots. I haven't had much reason to suspect Shish, although it's possible that Ura/Opossum explicitly took aim at Kantrip to protect Shish from getting lynched. I doubt this is the case though based on Shish's reaction to Opossum/Ura's approach on D1 if memory serves. Meanwhile, Pokechu seems to be vigorously defending Moydow and very quick to pair myself and Shish, not even bothering to question whether or not the vigilantes got a bingo on the SK. I think it is likely that Pokechu has come to the conclusion that Moydow needs to be kept alive in order for him to win, albeit the roles are interchangeable. Or maybe Pokechu finds comfort in Moydow as an ally? I really don't know.

Either way, him jumping to conclusions without considering all the possibilities is eerie to me and comes off as too bizarre if he's Town.

I would be interested in hearing Moydow's input on Pokechu's behavior though as well as why Moydow is quick to trust Pokechu. I'm curious to understand the foundations of their trust.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
@Shishœ just curious but is there a particular play I made that made you trust me in earlier phases? I think I remember one of them but I figure I may as well get a full glimpse of your approach.

D

Deleted member

@Shishœ just curious but is there a particular play I made that made you trust me in earlier phases? I think I remember one of them but I figure I may as well get a full glimpse of your approach.
Mainly the situation back in D1 with you being honest with your reason for voting me. The way I see it, scum would try to make up some reasoning rather than being honest about it.

But uhm, I'm really not sure anymore, I'm tired of losing games for lynching Chu but at the same time he's been raising some flags. But are those actual tells or are my bias clouding my judgement once again?

Vote: Moydow

Unless both you and Chu are scum, Moydow is the other one, and I don't find it likely that you two end up as scum seeing the current situation, making this the safest choice... I think.

LoneKonWolf LoneKonWolf
#HBC | J #HBC | J
What do you two think?

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Give me some time after work to fully put thoughts on paper, but i'm now even more strongly for my belief at the start of Day 2. So i do believe lynching moydow is the safe option.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Theres bardul information but i'm not sure what much use it'll be.
Missed this, but the information more or less helps draw the narrative. "Does the story add up?" "Is it believable?" "Why did this person do an action as opposed to another?"

I think Pokechu Pokechu hasn't responded because they're in a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation lol. I think I already know what Pokechu will claim, and I won't believe him, likely.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Missed this, but the information more or less helps draw the narrative. "Does the story add up?" "Is it believable?" "Why did this person do an action as opposed to another?"

I think Pokechu Pokechu hasn't responded because they're in a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation lol. I think I already know what Pokechu will claim, and I won't believe him, likely.
I see. . . I'll leave it to you to draw your connections while we wait for pokechu.
for the meantime.
I'll be leaving this on repeat while i scour through the thread in think mode.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Alright then, I believe i got the plan to follow out on, and the wall to break it down.

However i wish to hear first what bardul has to say of his part, and pokechu's response and claim very well. So i'll wait until then.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
just came in here wondered to see the music lol

hey to late to speculate nabe?

game kinda happened when i was in my bad mood but would like to watch the rest of wats happening :V

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
So I have been munching on this game and trying to figure out who would be the final two scum and we have finally come to the impasse in the game where there will be no real way for the final member of the mafia to win and the SK pretty much has no option, but to concede at this juncture as well considering we have the game in a pretty clear line of sight. 33.3% of the player base has been cleared with the other 33.3% making up uncleared town in two slots and 33.3% making up the final group as Villains (honestly, I want to replace the vocabulary for scum in my diction so I would rather just use villains from now on haha ^_^"")

If I could take a quick second to just highlight some key points that I feel would aid us all*.

*minus the Villains but haha ^^"

33.3% Cleared Town:
J
LoneKonWolf

These two slots have been mod-confirmed town by the PRs listed at the beginning of the game. To suggest that someone else could be a vig at this point would only spell certain doom for that slot making it a "he said/she said" lynch line of one after the other. A villain at this point in the game could not reside in either of these slots due to lack of CC and if a CC were to occur, the light of suscpicion would more than likely fall on that slot, thusly being suicide for that party.

66.6% (Uncleared Town/Villain)
Shishœ
BarDull
Pokechu
Moydow

In order to win the game in easy mode, we must oust one of the villains today. Hard Mode is if we accidentally ML again and therefore lose a doc and it begins risky with NAs.

Though I would like this to be the options for the Day and Night and I feel we would be able to come about in a sense of figuring out who the final people are. It seems on everyone's lists has Moydow as the most likely candidate to be a villainess in every angle we look at her slot. *Sans Moydow* The best option at this juncture unless anyone has a better solution would be to have Moydow's slot ousted and then we have our bullets together at one slot as to avoid mis-shooting/multiple deaths.

The three slots that we need to be discussing about shooting this evening is going to be between the remaining 3 of Shish/Bard/Poke. Which would would people care to aim at for toNight since we can garuntee a shot going off since we can both aim at one person and confirm other facts through the rules of the game/NAs. If y'all could use this format to help me and Kon get a better idea of who we should be aiming at toNight, that would be a great help! I'll start.

J/Kon Shoot: Bardull

Example and also the slot I would care to aim my gun at toNight.

Let me go into this a bit, the reason I am choosing Bard is because I am honestly a lot more comfortable with the other two slots while also failing to see the mass opinion of Bard being read as town this whole game. I do agree that he has had some posts in his favor, but to dismiss the slot for the majority of the game when he has more or less just been sitting in the back and poking at the fires of the game without getting much in terms of his own hands into the fray. One could argue this playstyle seems to be of a person just adding good insight to already formulating opinions of the game. There has been no real reads from Bard's slot besides his buddying of Shish which has been justly reciprocated by that slot. I have a very hard time getting a read on Bard where I see Shish as actually trying to look at the game and figure out who the final member of the scum-team is.

Posts like this read to me as genuine from Shish because it's an example of their playstyle throughout the game. Shish has been a read of mine that I have been banking on being town and also believing that they are a slot truly trying to figure out the game even though it has been confusing at times. I do want to put my faith in Shish so I want to at least take this slot into the next Phase of the game and I will personally not be aiming my shot here. I would much rather look at the other 3 slots in the game as I feel that would be the highest chance of popping the final villains. To add onto this point, another post that points an arrow in my line of thinking is here:

Wait, no, hold on, a thought just popped up in my head.
I think it's pretty clear to everyone you and I have a certain history, Chu. I'm remembering what vaan said all the way back during the NZ invasion Mafia, that he left us both alive because he expected me to jump on you during LyLo.
And this went on and on, we lost FE7 Mafia because I jumped on you yet again, for example.
And besides, if you were scum, you'd want me gone asap for the same reasons, unless I've actually been protected these two Nights.

Unvote

I might be wrong about this and this may cost Town the game once again but at least I'm not gonna **** up the exact same way again.
To me, this reads as a town member who has come to the point of questioning everything and everyone of their thoughts while the game could very well come down to one vote in the game therefore ending the game. I want to believe Shish as town and will be moving forward thinking as such unless someone can prove their actions are coming from that of a malicious source of trying to end the game through deceit and deception.

Now, I would like to take a look at Bard/Moy's posts below because I think it gives a good insight as well as to why I am feeling these slots lean more in the direction of holding the final two members of the villain teams. I'm just going to go in order of their posts.

I'm not sure how NAR resolves but it's likely it would end in a draw if it came down to vig vs. goon. It's a pretty uphill battle and hinges on the SK's survival for another day. I don't think the mafia/SK can joint-win in this set up based on the SK's win condition.

Anyway, regarding the current situation:

Currently the narrative I'm seeing is that Pokechu/Moydow are in cahoots. I haven't had much reason to suspect Shish, although it's possible that Ura/Opossum explicitly took aim at Kantrip to protect Shish from getting lynched. I doubt this is the case though based on Shish's reaction to Opossum/Ura's approach on D1 if memory serves. Meanwhile, Pokechu seems to be vigorously defending Moydow and very quick to pair myself and Shish, not even bothering to question whether or not the vigilantes got a bingo on the SK. I think it is likely that Pokechu has come to the conclusion that Moydow needs to be kept alive in order for him to win, albeit the roles are interchangeable. Or maybe Pokechu finds comfort in Moydow as an ally? I really don't know.

Either way, him jumping to conclusions without considering all the possibilities is eerie to me and comes off as too bizarre if he's Town.

I would be interested in hearing Moydow's input on Pokechu's behavior though as well as why Moydow is quick to trust Pokechu. I'm curious to understand the foundations of their trust.
Bard is personally my bet for the final mafia goon member. The way he discusses the situation in this post feels the most logical when coming from the perspective of the final Mafia Members shoes.

Let's talk about the bright blue section first with this post. The reason I say his words seem to come from someone thinking of how to win from the Goon's mindset rather than the Town's mindset. He started the post with speculation about the Night Action Resolution results while looking at the detailing of the Vig vs. The Goon. This is strange considering the perspective of conversation today has been focused around finding the Serial Killer. The bell seems to ring more true when thinking of this line through a Goonie mindset vs. a Townie mindset.

Now this is a point I wanted to highlight in the game because it is the thing I have the strongest memory of when talking about Bard's play. The thing the sticks out the most is his consistent alliance with Shish this game. I see a bit of a natural flow of the two at the beginning of the game with Shish's interactions, though they feel more natural from their side of the conversation where it seems Bard came into the game knowing that he would be more than likely looking at buddying that slot. When looking at Bard from the perspective of the villain, it honestly makes a lot of his Shish interactions seem a lot more clear.

While looking at this game, I feel we have pairs of the final members that will finalize the game as whole.

I feel one of Shish/Bard hold a Villain
I feel one of Moy/Poke hold a Villain
I feel both of J/Kon are full of #Swag

That is why I am feeling I needed to talk about both of those reads and showcase those posts to show a little bit as to how I am thinking.

Let's move onto the final two of the game then. I wish to start with Poke because honestly it is a small and simple reason.

oh wait... we can't shoot the SK, I forgot

RIP :(
Out of the four remaining, Poke is the least threat to us all as a whole because we seemed to have caught Poke in a little tell of not-SK. Poke could feasibly be the final Goon and that could make sense. For SK? Not really gonna convince me of this one based on their play and also the little tells throughout the game through lack of knowledge about the game. As someone who literally had a similar thing happen to them yesterDay, I can empathize and also see the line of thought from a Townie/Goonie perspective for Poke. Though I do feel like Poke is more than likely the other final town when grouping the four people together in the game. I definitely do not want to look at Poke for toDay because we can probably confirm they are at least not-SK with others TBD.

Personal opinion, Poke is a town-read of mine. I do have them as 4th place though in the current standing so it's not at all strong compared to Kon or even my Shish, though it is stronger than Bard/Moy

For what it's worth, the fact we have two players essentially confirmed as town (and therefore not lynch targets) makes it mathematically impossible for the goon to outright win - the best they can do is a draw. They need to hope today is a mislynch (3-1-1), the night claims two townies but they survive (1-1-1), and then hope the SK gets lynched the next day (1 town vs. 1 mafia, both shoot each other in the night, therefore... nobody wins?). Basically the goon has little reason to bother fighting on. If it were me I'd just surrender at this point and leave the remaining players with no help or information - the odds would be too heavily stacked against me for me to want to bother playing on.

This also of course means we need to ensure today is not a mislynch, if we wish the town to win - a mislynch leads to only one series of events leading to a town win, compared to the draw I already mentioned, and two situations where the SK wins. I encourage us all to take a step back and very carefully re-examine all of the evidence available to us.
Moydow has a very interesting perspective when looking at this post because it does not make any sense to believe Moydow is the goon from the way I am choosing to look at things. Moydow is literally telling the goon to come out and admit defeat and let the town and SK figure the game out and literally says this line:

Moy said:
If it were me I'd just surrender at this point and leave the remaining players with no help or information - the odds would be too heavily stacked against me for me to want to bother playing on.
This just rings as literally trying to plead with the other goon to come forward and admit defeat so they can be lynched and ousted from the game. Whenever I read through this post over and over, it keep going into a very mechanical analysis of why the Goon should just surrender and let the town and SK battle it out which reads as insincere villain-hunting and also more like a way to feign generating content to look like villain-hunting when in actuality it looks like Moy is more curious as to who the Goon is rather than finding the SK which is honestly the Town's #1 priority at the moment. I do not really see Moy as popping up as town and if the slot does pop town, I will be pretty stunned considering that means that two of Shish/Poke/Bard are the final villains and figuring out that makes my stomach queasy.

I hope this helps explain a bit of my headspace for the current time and also helps finalize the game. I just feel this completes the puzzle though at the end of the day, this is just one guy's opinion on what I am believing to be the true nature behind people's posts.

J/Kon Shoot: Bardull

I am off tomorrow so I will be here to respond to things and also discuss other avenues. Though let's get this started because we do have a lot of time to discuss so I would rather start the day big and go from there. :D

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Alright then, I believe i got the plan to follow out on, and the wall to break it down.

However i wish to hear first what bardul has to say of his part, and pokechu's response and claim very well. So i'll wait until then.
Eh, I've got nothing else to do right now and I'm kinda bored, so I'll just do one of my "approach to the game" posts.

*ahem*

More or less entered D1 with a vote on J for the lols. As the day progressed and not much else was getting done, I felt it best to try and get information into the thread in the form of questions since there really wasn't much to work off of to identify scum except shallow RVS. At that time though, your (LoneKonWolf's) interactions indicated to me that it was extremely likely you were Town; your relationship with many of the players early on indicated a blunt honesty and lack of filter which was strongly in contrast with your game-play in Poison Mutton mafia. One by one, between each interaction, the possibilities of you being a part of the mafia team dissipated. It was still possible you were the SK, but your general gameplay indicated to me otherwise.

Anyway, eventually I found Ura and Moydow to be the most suspicious as a result of their lack of attempting to develop their vote; this logic proved to be fruitful against Ura. However, since I knew I would have to leave for work, I decided to vote for Shish because there was a chance that Ura/Moydow would awkwardly leave their votes on me in the ensuing "flavor shuffle"; I didn't know Shish's alignment with any sense of certainty, so chancing a shot at Shish was better than risking myself dying while I was away from the game. Given the slow pace of the day phase at that time, it seemed a silly lynch would be inevitable, and changing the lynch to Ura or Moydow might've not been possible at that time. Of course, as we know, that's not what ended up happening.

Kantrip ended up getting himself in the spotlight as a result of poor timing, but I didn't find him scummy for it because there was a natural progression in his thought process; he had suggested that an inactive would be better than Shish given the wagon Shish was on, and thus he voted for Pokechu right after you did to try and get the wagon started. This came off as opportunistic to both yourself and J, and agreeably Kantrip comparing his vote to mine was a bit, uh, questionable in my opinion, but it is what it is. I wasn't here for this as I had already left to work by that point.

Day 2, I more or less sat on my vote on Moydow. I found J to be somewhat suspicious, but his claim ended up coming off as genuine given the circumstances he was in, and claiming big at that point with 2 mafia dead seemed like suicide anyway. I wanted to hear more from Maven before offing him, but, well, he got offed. Pokechu's read of Moydow came off to me (and still does) as bizarre; his unconditional and faithful devotion to Moydow was, in my opinion, an exemplary example of why he played (no offense to him) badly in Poison Mutton mafia and fell for ScumMoydow's veil. The fact that he wasn't, and isn't, questioning his read, is perplexing. It is like a moth to a flame, and I was surprised that he hadn't learned his lesson from the previous game.

Day 3, which is today, I'm trying to pair the final individuals involved because there is a chance that this is LyLo; it is possible that the SK can win if this is played incorrectly. Anyway...Pokechu enters the day phase with a continued unyielding, almost arbitrarily contrived belief in Moydow considering Moydow's connections and track record for being wrong (Kantrip, Maven, etc.). Without asking questions to myself or Shish, or even trying to gauge the other players to ensure that he wasn't wrong, he has simply dove headfirst into believing unconditionally in Moydow.

How am I supposed to trust Pokechu, who has entered this day phase voting for me without consulting all potential members of his team? Who has stuck their vote on me and not moved an inch? Who is seemingly refusing to answer questions regarding his actions throughout the game? Who has a track record for being wrong? Where is the Town intent, Pokechu Pokechu ?

As of this moment, I'm fine with going for Moydow or Pokechu; I do not have a specific preference. Although I am not without flexibility; I am willing to listen to what everyone has to say.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Yeah it's kind of awkward at the moment since you want to shoot me #HBC | J #HBC | J but it is what it is LOL!

I am undecided in terms of voting and shots; we have quite a bit of time left I believe (40~ hours or so). I want to hear more from the other slots.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Bruh, I was like

"Of all the players to be in the thread, it's the one I said I want to shoot posts a wall and is here...? Okay well this'll be fun and not-awkward at all. :))))"

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Alright, upon more thoroughly reading J's post:

J, you should reread my slot, especially D1. I'll provide some defenses to some of your arguments, but I really implore you to think over your decision regardless of how Moydow flips. I want you to try and analyze the narrative, and I will try and help you understand why it is impossible for me to be the goon.

Granted, I would say this even if I was the goon, but seriously, reread D1 after this. Reeeeaaalllly carefully reread my posts.

Let me go into this a bit, the reason I am choosing Bard is because I am honestly a lot more comfortable with the other two slots while also failing to see the mass opinion of Bard being read as town this whole game. I do agree that he has had some posts in his favor, but to dismiss the slot for the majority of the game when he has more or less just been sitting in the back and poking at the fires of the game without getting much in terms of his own hands into the fray. One could argue this playstyle seems to be of a person just adding good insight to already formulating opinions of the game. There has been no real reads from Bard's slot besides his buddying of Shish which has been justly reciprocated by that slot. I have a very hard time getting a read on Bard where I see Shish as actually trying to look at the game and figure out who the final member of the scum-team is.
I don't think I've been sitting back at all this game, frankly. I've been pretty vocal about reads, getting out information, asking questions, trying to influence town in the right direction, etc. Try to analyze the intent of my actions and also analyze vote patterns, my opinions, and I -know- you'll see that I'm a cool guy. Hopefully? Eh.

Now, I would like to take a look at Bard/Moy's posts below because I think it gives a good insight as well as to why I am feeling these slots lean more in the direction of holding the final two members of the villain teams. I'm just going to go in order of their posts.

Bard is personally my bet for the final mafia goon member. The way he discusses the situation in this post feels the most logical when coming from the perspective of the final Mafia Members shoes.

Let's talk about the bright blue section first with this post. The reason I say his words seem to come from someone thinking of how to win from the Goon's mindset rather than the Town's mindset. He started the post with speculation about the Night Action Resolution results while looking at the detailing of the Vig vs. The Goon. This is strange considering the perspective of conversation today has been focused around finding the Serial Killer. The bell seems to ring more true when thinking of this line through a Goonie mindset vs. a Townie mindset.

I was responding to Moydow's opinion with that post. I think it's possible you missed the context (no offense), but I was more or less in agreement that the goon was going to have to climb an incredible hill to force a draw. I didn't randomly bring this up out of thin air or anything, lol.

Now this is a point I wanted to highlight in the game because it is the thing I have the strongest memory of when talking about Bard's play. The thing the sticks out the most is his consistent alliance with Shish this game. I see a bit of a natural flow of the two at the beginning of the game with Shish's interactions, though they feel more natural from their side of the conversation where it seems Bard came into the game knowing that he would be more than likely looking at buddying that slot. When looking at Bard from the perspective of the villain, it honestly makes a lot of his Shish interactions seem a lot more clear.
I wouldn't say I've had a consistent alliance with Shish since we had a bit of a rocky start. Regardless, I'm just considering all the possibilities; I don't really have Shish pegged for an SK, but when trying to understand Ura/Opossum's jumping upon Kantrip's wagon, we have to realize that Shish had the most votes on him at the time Ura/Opo jumped on Kantrip. Outside of Opo/Ura simply jumping on Kantrip for the sake of jumping on Kantrip, I want to think there is a rhyme and a reason to the madness, but perhaps there isn't.

Which reminds me, Ura knew he was suspicious while keeping his vote on me, to which I then must ask you this: why would I suggest people to take aim at Moydow and Ura, especially when there are two vigs? Why put them both in the spotlight?

Given that the mafia team has a doctor, and considering I had voiced my opinion that Ura should be shot, wouldn't it make sense for me as the mafia goon to have Ura be defended? Especially after Ura very questionably jumped on the Kantrip wagon?

Basically you're suggesting that I had the mafia team protect me instead of having them protect Ura, the most likely to be shot in my opinion, especially after Kantrip flipped. Given that I had voiced dissent on the Kantrip wagon, I don't see why I would have the mafia protect me instead of Ura or Opossum; I think we can agree that I would be the least suspicious of the mafia trio given these circumstances.

Why would the mafia team, under these set of circumstances, have me protected over the doc blocker?

Anyway, there's other things I could mention, but yeah, really implore you to look over the game again.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Well, if people want me to be the villain, then fine, guess I'll be the villain. Even if I'm not actually one, but hey, who cares about details?

So there, a majority vote on me. Do we have to wait for the deadline, or is that it?

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Now that I think about it, I really have absolutely no idea why the mafia team didn't have Ura protected (I think Opossum was the doctor and Ura was the doc blocker, I honestly can't remember, and docs can't protect themselves). What person were they worried about being shot over Ura?

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Moydow, I'm not sure what you're going to flip or if there is a majority lynch, but the one thing you should absolutely never do is vote for yourself.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
ESPECIALLY if you're Town, because then you're just throwing your whole team under the bus. People are counting on you to win the game for them.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
... yeah, looking at it again with a slightly clearer head, I overreacted pretty badly. I dunno if it'll still count, but

unvote

Just gets frustrating for me, seeing all my genuine attempts to help over the whole course of the game being thrown out as dishonest scum play or whatever. I know that's the game, and that it's lacking in self-reflection since it probably indicates I need to improve my own game, but still. Sorry, everyone.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
... yeah, looking at it again with a slightly clearer head, I overreacted pretty badly. I dunno if it'll still count, but

unvote

Just gets frustrating for me, seeing all my genuine attempts to help over the whole course of the game being thrown out as dishonest scum play or whatever. I know that's the game, and that it's lacking in self-reflection since it probably indicates I need to improve my own game, but still. Sorry, everyone.
lookie girl, i mean i've just recently started to view this (still popped in quite a few times when the game was going on the past few days though but now starting to spectate it and hoping to get into the pm from #HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe ) but take it from me whos spent the past 3 games with a blown out head it does nothing but trouble for ya :V

know frustrations pretty well and what they can do to ya head, and far from the only one :V barny himself can do it, goldie can, vaan can, we all have at one point :V

stuff happens when ya get painted as the villain and sometimes theres nothing ya can do against it, just life ya know? games are stressful especially if ya come into them with stress from real life, and its kinda why even after the game its best to vent things out of ya

but roll with the punches till then, save the stuff for after game to get it out of ya, stuff happens when they come out in a way :V

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Bardull, I’ve already read the game again and honestly your D1 has not really much to note besides the mod stuff early on. I’ll try and re-re-look in the morning, but I honestly doubt I’ll find anything to change my thoughts since your response was pretty luke warm.

Top Bottom