• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mayo Clinic: Over! The ingredients are in the bowl... Did the emulsion hold together, or did it break like so many crumbling Oreos?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
RVS Time!
Vote: Darkpit

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
So the plan's just to get a feel of everyone at first? That seems better than just randomly throwing votes around.

Oh wait what

Last edited:

Kantrip

Kantplay
Hey everyone!

How experienced of a player list are we working with this game? There's a lot of faces I don't recognize so I'm just curious.

I'll start: I've played a lot of mafia in many forms but I established a reputation for being infamously incompetent on this board. I'm coming back for redemption. :)

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
So the plan's just to get a feel of everyone at first? That seems better than just randomly throwing votes around.

Oh wait what
Randomly throwing votes around is a form of getting a feel of everyone, for example your reaction to Opo's vote.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Hey everyone!

How experienced of a player list are we working with this game? There's a lot of faces I don't recognize so I'm just curious.

I'll start: I've played a lot of mafia in many forms but I established a reputation for being infamously incompetent on this board. I'm coming back for redemption. :)
I think we played one game together before, but that must of been like 2 years ago.

Anyway most of my experience have come from mostly here. I don't think I made a noticeable reputation yet. By that I mean a noticeable trait I tend to do in most mafia games, besides making typos all the time :p

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Vote: J because if I vote for him now, it means that he can't vote for me without it looking like he's OMGUS'ing. :awesome:

Oh wait what
Shish already said it, but yeah, no editing posts in mafia games!

Hey everyone!

I think everyone has changed a lot since so it's unfair to make assumptions about play from 3-4 years ago lol. I have a decent feel for most players here and I think in general it's a solid line up.

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
Ah okie dokie, sorry. I've played a few times but none super recently, thank you guys for letting me know. I'm definitely not super experienced, sorry

Kantrip

Kantplay
That's reasonable Bardull. I'm certainly not going to attempt any sort of meta reads in this game, though it is nice to know relative experience levels.

Vote: LoneKonWolf

An enemy of RVS is no friend of mine!

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I get the joke, BUT I have a feeling the boys in black will be on my netherside if we throw around the term "gay" in a manner that isn't actually pertinent to discussion.

2. No Flaming/Trolling

Respect other users. Flaming (insulting, heated arguing with) other members is not allowed. Demeaning or derogatory comments based on race, religion, sexual orientation, culture, ethnicity, handicap, nationality or gender will not be tolerated. Physical threats against and repeated harassment of other members is strictly prohibited. If another user is flaming or harassing you, you should not retaliate--instead, report it to a moderator. Do not post personal information of another user without their explicit permission.
Trolling (intentionally instigating trouble or provoking others through outrageous statements) is not permitted.
  • Flaming, Minor - 1 point, 7 days
  • Flaming - 2 points, 14 days
  • Trolling - 2 points, 14 days
  • Harassment - Indefinite ban, subject to administrator's discretion

Since it's kinda ambiguous I'll assume Shish is being a jolly samaritan but yeah the use of the term "gay" COULD potentially be construed as demeaning in many contexts, so IMO try to avoid using the term unless it's necessary for discourse.

Yeah I know I'm a authoritarian mod out for everybody's butts :awesome:

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Literally tickled pink OoG @ the fact of Bardull being a mod and doing mod talk stuff. It brings such a smile to my face.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
I get the joke, BUT I have a feeling the boys in black will be on my netherside if we throw around the term "gay" in a manner that isn't actually pertinent to discussion.

2. No Flaming/Trolling

Respect other users. Flaming (insulting, heated arguing with) other members is not allowed. Demeaning or derogatory comments based on race, religion, sexual orientation, culture, ethnicity, handicap, nationality or gender will not be tolerated. Physical threats against and repeated harassment of other members is strictly prohibited. If another user is flaming or harassing you, you should not retaliate--instead, report it to a moderator. Do not post personal information of another user without their explicit permission.​
Trolling (intentionally instigating trouble or provoking others through outrageous statements) is not permitted.​
  • Flaming, Minor - 1 point, 7 days
  • Flaming - 2 points, 14 days
  • Trolling - 2 points, 14 days
  • Harassment - Indefinite ban, subject to administrator's discretion

Since it's kinda ambiguous I'll assume Shish is being a jolly samaritan but yeah the use of the term "gay" COULD potentially be construed as demeaning in many contexts, so IMO try to avoid using the term unless it's necessary for discourse.

Yeah I know I'm a authoritarian mod out for everybody's butts :awesome:
. . . I do believe this is a bit heavy handed for such since there's no form of demeaning or derogatory in that sentence, but oh well.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Man from this playerlist I only recognize 3 (Bard/Kanty/Maven) names and our lovely host (pls return my calls), but it seems like a whole new group of people.

A little bit about myself as introduction.

My name is J, I have been playing mafia for on forums for about 8 years. I absolutely love mafia and adore this community for all that it is done for me in the past and I am actually very excited to have time to sit down and type out a game again.

I used to be a mod of DGames for a bit and also have represented DGames on other forums for a Champion game. It's been a blast to scroll through some of the old games and see how much has changed and also to peek at some of the new games to garner myself a bit of information about the other people in the room. I'm a bit of a researcher when it comes to figuring things out in mafia. Due to that nature, I post a rather large amount to help better flesh out my thoughts.

If there are any questions that need to be answered quickly, I just ask for a tag so I can see it faster. I will usually be posting either in the evening or morning depending on work/work-out scheduling. Let's have a fun game!

BarDulL

Town Vampire
. . . I do believe this is a bit heavy handed for such since there's no form of demeaning or derogatory in that sentence, but oh well.
The problem:

i.e. someone says "wow that's so gay" but they claim this use of the term "gay" is actually "just a joke". We know it's a joke but it could come off as demeaning to someone else that isn't immediately a part of our group (or someone here who may be actually gay and perhaps they feel that the term is being used too loosely). It could make someone of that sexual orientation feel uncomfortable.

But yeah I don't want the mafia game to become too much about this so we can talk about it outside of the game if necessary.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
The problem:

i.e. someone says "wow that's so gay" but they claim this use of the term "gay" is actually "just a joke". We know it's a joke but it could come off as demeaning to someone else that isn't immediately a part of our group (or someone here who may be actually gay and perhaps they feel that the term is being used too loosely). It could make someone of that sexual orientation feel uncomfortable.

But yeah I don't want the mafia game to become too much about this so we can talk about it outside of the game if necessary.
I'm aware that you are simply flexing your red banner in terms to keep contain from going farther.

And it is fair we don't need to. I am just simply a man who puts thoughts and opinons on paper at first thought.
Man from this playerlist I only recognize 3 (Bard/Kanty/Maven) names and our lovely host (pls return my calls), but it seems like a whole new group of people.

A little bit about myself as introduction.

My name is J, I have been playing mafia for on forums for about 8 years. I absolutely love mafia and adore this community for all that it is done for me in the past and I am actually very excited to have time to sit down and type out a game again.

I used to be a mod of DGames for a bit and also have represented DGames on other forums for a Champion game. It's been a blast to scroll through some of the old games and see how much has changed and also to peek at some of the new games to garner myself a bit of information about the other people in the room. I'm a bit of a researcher when it comes to figuring things out in mafia. Due to that nature, I post a rather large amount to help better flesh out my thoughts.

If there are any questions that need to be answered quickly, I just ask for a tag so I can see it faster. I will usually be posting either in the evening or morning depending on work/work-out scheduling. Let's have a fun game!
Well greetings mate.

I'm just kon, i'm the older brother of a brat who apparently visits back here often named natz, with her actual name being katt.

I'm not really part of the group that moved back here, i'm just outsider who more or less got dragged to this place by said sister because she found it fun. I had an enjoyable time so i decided to stick around and join the games around.

This group as far as i'm aware is from the nintenzone which my sister also drags me too. Which is a large social forum upon this site that was erected in shape of the leaks group, which i heard of and often lurked in when i was still a speculator in the days of wii u/3ds. Before my departure of this site and after speculation days i was a denizen of the lower sub forum here of forum games. More or less staying around in the bob-omb group to chat with friends. Nowadays i'm just an off comer often dragged around.

I more or less prefer to watch than act, to take step back and form indepth analysis on everyone tieing together then to wander, one i usually just keep to myself in my role pm. And only make it come out when its needed before demise and on turn needed.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I'm aware that you are simply flexing your red banner in terms to keep contain from going farther.

And it is fair we don't need to. I am just simply a man who puts thoughts and opinons on paper at first thought..
It's more or less the same reason why I try to discourage racist jokes or sexist jokes.

It's like, ok, fine, they're funny to an extent in terms of generalizing stereotypes, but I swear someone else will read it and submit a report guaranteed, and then the fantastic four of Xivii, Mic, Cyndane, and AlphaZealot are going to collapse on me harder than the collapse of the DC cinematic universe. :awesome:

More or less would rather just nip it in the bud now 'cause it's pretty hard to draw a line between what's appropriate and what's not appropriate in terms of using language that could potentially be construed as derogatory. IMO, I say avoid it altogether unless the term is being used in the politically correct context.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Vote: Bardull for using his mod powers to actually mod, instead of memeing on people with them like I do

Then I rolled an RNG because there's nothing else to do, and it came up with a 2, so I guess I have to actually
Vote: Bardull

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
So we're just voting randomly? I guess I'll just go with the majority.

Vote: Shishoe

Top Bottom