• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mayflash 4 Gamecube Adapter Available

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
This some good news for those who want the gamecube adapters.
I alredy have a Official Gamecube adapters and don't use that much but most people I play with Smash, they love to use the gamecube controller ALL the time and that why I have more than just reason.

Codster

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5343-8930-0055
What the heck. I own over 20 Gamecube controllers and don't have an adapter yet. It may take a while to ship, but for $19.90, I'll give it a shot.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
If I didn't already have an adapter, I wouldn't order an unofficial one, they nearly always break the second you open them.

Mechageo

Smash Ace
I'm a collector, of sorts. And honestly, about half of them don't work very good. But I like to try all different kinds.
If not a controller, than please at least share a picture of all of them. That sounds awesome!

SuperHyperMegaTurbo

Smash Cadet
I'm a member of the "Pre-order the bundle" master race, so it still surprises me when people haven't managed to find an adapter yet when I got it on release day. One of my friends didn't pre-order, however, and while he got the game fine, he eventually just got a Pro Controller instead of waiting to find an adapter. Honestly, I probably would have done the same eventually, though I don't mind using the Gamepad. Still, for me, nothing beats the convenience of a light controller that never needs batteries or recharging, so Gamecube controller is the best for me!

KeithTheGeek

Smash Ace
NNID
bkeith
3DS FC
5026-4475-8239
Ordered one of these earlier, don't mind the fact that it'll be around a month before it gets here because I have the wiimote adapter to use in the mean time, and I don't mind using the pro controller either. Hopefully it works as advertised though, I like to bring smash with me on campus during the semester and we could use the extra controller option.

Codster

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5343-8930-0055
Awesome! How do you like the Hori Battlepad controllers?
They're great. The only downside is plugging into Wii Remotes is a little annoying. But still, they are a perfect alternative to the ever-so-elusive adapter.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Well, it's a good thing I preordered my own official one that came on the Smash Wii U bundle along with the game and GameCube controller. I don't trust these third party publishers.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Here's to hoping these are better than Mayflashes' 360/PS3 adapters... I went through 4 of those in 1 year of playing Injustice before just giving up and dual modding my stick.
My friend kept using those since he played pad and got DQed from 2 events due to it hitting the home button randomly.

So yeah... I REALLY hope this is better than the existing Mayflash converters for other consoles, but I think I'll wait...

Nessafile

Smash Apprentice
I wonder if Nintendo's gonna shut em down. They probably don't like this at all. It's a genius strategy, really. They know how desperate people are to use GameCube controllers, so they make a few and overprice em cause they know people will bite, then they stop making them for a while to make people even more desperate. They were probably waiting for all the current adapters to stop circulating around so all the people who were too late and left without them would be forced to buy Nintendo's $80 adapters when they restocked. Mayflash probably said "**** you" to their plans. At least, I'm assuming that's what their plan was. I wouldn't put it past Nintendo.
Nintendo won't up the price of a product that was prevously released for like, 25 dollars.

Misto-Roboto

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
MistoRoboto
3DS FC
3780-9079-0504
Switch FC
3912-9000-6921
I wonder if Nintendo's gonna shut em down. They probably don't like this at all. It's a genius strategy, really. They know how desperate people are to use GameCube controllers, so they make a few and overprice em cause they know people will bite, then they stop making them for a while to make people even more desperate. They were probably waiting for all the current adapters to stop circulating around so all the people who were too late and left without them would be forced to buy Nintendo's $80 adapters when they restocked. Mayflash probably said "**** you" to their plans. At least, I'm assuming that's what their plan was. I wouldn't put it past Nintendo.
Nintendo is not the one selling them at inflated prices. It's kind of ridiculous that you think Nintendo would suddenly want to gouge on this one adapter when they have a history of making their hardware as inexpensive as realistically possible.

Last edited:

Nessafile

Smash Apprentice
Nintendo is not the one selling them at inflated prices. It's kind of ridiculous that you think Nintendo would suddenly want to gouge on this one adapter when they have a history of making their hardware as inexpensive as realistically possible.
Basically this, MarioMeteor.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
The problem I have with gamecube controllers is that they have become the new standard for tournament play. I just wanna use my Pro Controller if I was ever at a event like Xanadu.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I definitely like this. I might have one of these ordered soon. I am going to wait to see if they work by checking with some other users, but this is definitely going on my watch list.

LLDL

Smash Hero
I just ordered 5 for Yestercades. I'll let you guys know about the quality and if there is no lag ;)

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
All this money Nintendo missed out on. Good job guys. :/

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
True, for the most part. The Wii U was pretty ****ing expensive when it first came out. That was part of the reason why it sold so poorly at first.

Miseribacy

Smash Rookie
NNID
Miseribacy
The problem I have with gamecube controllers is that they have become the new standard for tournament play. I just wanna use my Pro Controller if I was ever at a event like Xanadu.
Haven't they always been the standard? And also I've never seen anything that has prohibited the use of a Pro Controller in tournaments.
EDIT: typo

Last edited:

Mechageo

Smash Ace
Did anyone notice how Mayflash's original 2 port PC adapter is shaped like the official Nintendo GameCube Adapter (and came out first)?

It's interesting how they had to change the shape they were using to make sure they wouldn't get into legal hot water.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
You don't know what elitist means, do you?
Making a huge huge assumption that people can't adapt to change as if its unfathomable that people just instead have a preference for a controller they're comfortable with or that they dont want to shell out money for a controller they are not comfortable with, is not winning you any points in the "decent person" category.

Especially considering that Nintendo is going out of their way to contract out an adapter while creating a new run of Wii U branded gamecube controllers and Gamecube-styled Classic Controllers, which essentially screams, "HEY GUYS. YOU LIKE THIS CONTROLLER? HAVE MORE! YOU DONT HAVE TO STOP USING IT IF YOU WANT! I LOVE ACCESSIBILITY FOR ALL OUR PLAYERS!"

All this money Nintendo missed out on. Good job guys. :/
Lmao, Nintendo deserves to lose out on as much money as possible in this. Whether it was because they somehow didn't fathom the demand for an accessory like this (and during the holiday season no less), or deliberately limited production for some inscrutable reason, this entire, um, adapter fiasco was totally lacking in sound, common business sense.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Well who knows what the issue was.

As we don't know all the facts, we really shouldn't comment on Nintendo's business sense lol.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Well who knows what the issue was.

As we don't know all the facts, we really shouldn't comment on Nintendo's business sense lol.
Idk man, they've made enough dumb decisions on the business and strategy front that it can be called into question.

That's not to say they're all out dumb because they still make the right choices on sone things, but really the ship is held up by their ridiculously talented designers and devs lol.

I just want them to take my money, and they can't even manage it. Am I not allowed to be upset? >:/

HSmileyFace

Smash Rookie
U
That's great. That's the one I used for Brawl, too. The reason people want the GameCube controller is the threat of inputs being dropped, not that they actually get dropped with any regularity.
is it just me or does the classic controller and classic controller pro have SUPER sensitive joysticks. Like, seriously, I tilt it sligpgjtly in a direction, and my character sprints. Its very annoying as it makes it near impossible to do tilts.

Top Bottom