• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Maybe its a good idea to main more than one character?

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
I can always spot a noob when they say they have like 8 mains. Most pro seems to only play as one or two characters. And in my personal experience its been very difficult trying to pick up a secondary and get my skills with it equal to that of my main. Having too many playing styles can mess with a persons skill
HI :):):):)

ppl are funny

Nic64

Smash Lord
You need to have diversified characters, there are characters that counter Snake and MK, like in my experience DDD has a better chance against winning against Snake, and my Lucario has a better chance against winning against MK.
neither has any match ups that are that bad IMO, none worst than 45:55 for MK and 40:60 for snake, marth and lucario similarly have almost no horrible matches, in a 40:60 match I'd rather be the better player than be using the character on the better end of the ratio, if you're using such a character it's not a bad idea to focus almost all of your play time on them

not that I take that advice I play like 6 characters a lot

wait...

I can always spot a noob when they say they have like 8 mains.
**** two short of being a complete noob :D

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
****. I main Sonic and secondary....

Bowser
Captain Falcon
Donkey Kong
Falco
Ike
Jiggs
Link
Lucas
Marth
Ness
Peach
Pikachu
Pit
Samus
Sheik
Snake
Toon Link and
Wolf

Bolded ones are TYPICALLY the ones I'll play. The others are counterpicks.

I are SOOPER n00b

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
****. I main Sonic and secondary....

Bowser
Captain Falcon
Donkey Kong
Falco
Ike
Jiggs
Link
Lucas
Marth
Ness
Peach
Pikachu
Pit
Samus
Sheik
Snake
Toon Link and
Wolf

Bolded ones are TYPICALLY the ones I'll play. The others are counterpicks.

I are SOOPER n00b
Yeah pretty much. If you claimed to main all of them.

Everyone has 600 secondaries, give or take.

EDIT:
Personally, I main Lucario and second (in order of skill)

Pikachu
Snake
Olimar
MK
Pokemon Trainer
Bowser
Ike

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Characters are quite easy to learn. Having 2nds for fun is always good. I play Ike as a 2nd even though I think he's trash XD

camzaman

Smash Journeyman
The problem with Brawl is MK has no hard counters, so almost noone has a secondary that is not MK, so when you run into someone using him as their secondary b/c they're scared of losing, then you fall back on your secondary (MK), and the majority of the tournament players end up using their secondary, MK, throughout most of the tournament.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
The problem with Brawl is MK has no hard counters, so almost noone has a secondary that is not MK, so when you run into someone using him as their secondary b/c they're scared of losing, then you fall back on your secondary (MK), and the majority of the tournament players end up using their secondary, MK, throughout most of the tournament.
i dont have mk as a secondary actually

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
I'm a n00b for using mad characters LOL!! Only real n00bs say that :p.

J/K
Actually, only a real n00b would claim to have eight mains because only a real n00b would claim to have eight characters they can play about equally well. Even the most diverse players (ex. Azen) only claim to truely "main" a couple characters at most; while they can play many characters well, they have a best two or three characters. One is typical. Two or three is difficult, but do-able. Four is on the brink of too much. More than four mains and the player either defines a "main" differently than me, or is not very good at the game, and equally inexperienced with eight characters.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Well the bolded are secondary. I guess the third are tertiary and quaternary. I do play most of them equally well. Trufax

NinjaLink plays everyone. Why can't I play half? Although my Sonic is leaps and bounds above everyone else.

codejunkie

Smash Rookie
I've noticed that if nothing else, having a secondary allows you to switch is up if you are having a bad day with your main.
Like yesterday I was playing fine with wolf (my main) and then I started really sucking so I switched to ROB for a match, then came back as wolf and won with 10 KO's (just against friends on 5 stock but still amde me happy)

PS ninja link love the diddy KO's in ur sig

Top Bottom