• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

May 3rd- Miami Brawl Tournament- Singles

PnT-MiamiLakes

Smash Cadet
3 stock
No Items
best 2 out of 3 (Single Elimination)
Coin toss decides stage for first match in the best 2 out of 3. (heads = BF tails =FD)
Loser picks next.
Winners change characters first then losers (If they want to change characters.)
10$ Pre-register
15$ Register Tournament Day

(Bringing your own controls are advised , because a faulty control will not excuse a loss.)

Saturday May 3, 2008 1:00 PM

6731 Main St.
Miami Lakes,FL 33014

PHONE: 305 362 7529

PRE-Registered

Pre-Registered Through Forums

1. Weazy
2. John
3. StripesOrBars
4. Linguini
5. Sniffles
6. Polo
7. McRib
8. Seibrik
9. Icekid
10. CloudStealth (Chaz)
11. Ruuku
12. Riot
13. Jimiisama
14. NeverShootMe
15. Galeon
16. Spider Sense
17. Shoshone
18. Mr H is Mario
19. aFFroThunda

Cloudstealth

Smash Journeyman
Hey I'm coming too!
I'm Chaz

So how does the pre-register thing work, cause I would like to pre-register?

PnT-MiamiLakes

Smash Cadet
Yep

If you mention here that you are attending it will count as a pre-reg.

Make sure you let the staff at the event know you registered through the forums.

PnT-MiamiLakes

Smash Cadet
Single elimination.

Depending how this tourny goes, we will have Single(Dounle Elimination) Bi-weeklys as well as Teams (Double elimination)

We have a teams scheduled for may 10th, depending how these 2 scheduled tournaments go will determine if we do our bi weeklys and turn them from single elim to double elim.

PnT-MiamiLakes

Smash Cadet
Yes,

Unfortunatly this one will be single elimination. Since this is our first Tourny advertised outside the store.
I feel your pain. Im a MvC2 Player =), and Sunday we have a tournament and we are kinda forced to make it single elim. This is to test the waters. However, depending on turn out and such we will def be running more, (Full all day singles and team double elim) We will also like to take the gamers critic on what can be done to improve tournaments. Ex: Should there be Bi-weeklys or monthlys? and so on.

Btw, as long as you post on this thread by Friday May 2nd 6:00pm you will be considered Pre-registered.

Linguini

Smash Master
single elim.....hmm....well see whats up by friday, I might end up having to go to a stupid SAT practice test.
btw i heard this place has madddd laggy tv's only.

PnT-MiamiLakes

Smash Cadet
Laggy T.V's? Not at all, everyhting we run (even system linked) runs lag free. I play MvC2 there all the time. And if anyone knows the game, you know you cannot not play that with any lag. lol

Jimiisama

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I'm the kinda guy who needs that second chance too lol, but it's only $10 as opposed to $15 and $20 tourneys.

PnT-MiamiLakes

Smash Cadet
The T.V's go from 480p up to 1080i. PS3's and 360's are all HD set ups. Wii's use the default cables they come with. I've never been to the PnT in weston before so I can't comment for them.

Also, for those of you who go to the tournament, feed back will be appreciated. This tournament set up is not set in stone. We want to make this most enjoyable for the gamers. So hopefully we get enough feed back so we can revamp the next tourny to be more Gamer friendly.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
Is there any chance, if enough of us want it, we can just do double elimination?

What's stopping that?

And btw, I'll be bringing my small tv just in case those lag, for those who care, and if the others dont lag, it'll just be a tv for friendlies.

PnT-MiamiLakes

Smash Cadet
I am uncertain as to what is stopping it from being double Elim. It could be lack of Wii's. Since the store has one, and I take mine. So it is just 2. We have 8 t'vs set up, but the consoles and games are whats limited. And I am also uncertain if they have any other tournaments scheduled, but I dont think so. FYI guys, Im not employed by Play-N-Trade, I'm a gamer who would like to help the scene in my area and Im close with the owner. So the details I have is from the guy actually running the tourny. However, I think if we have enough consoles and the people want double elim we can make it happen. I for one would love double Elim. Another issue I believe is controllers. Since I don't believe they have advertized BYOC. (something that def. has to change.) All the information gathered from this tourny will def force changes to future tournys at P-n-Trade, (Ex: We can no longer run Single elim tournies.)

PnT-MiamiLakes

Smash Cadet
Well, if you guys would want to be certain that it would be changed to Double Elim, Id suggest you call the Play-N-Trade and talk to Tony and let him know you can take Wii's in order to allow the tourny to finish in a timly matter if it is run double elim. I can't make any changes. So any changes would be with him. i'm not sure if they will wanna change it with such a short notice. But if they agree I think it would be for the best. =)

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
everyone that CAN bring a wii, just bring it. they'll decide then, after they see the wiis there, and if its double its double, if not oh well, but at least we make some effort.

Cloudstealth

Smash Journeyman
Alright Seibrik but can you give me a ride to this? I'll bring my Wii as well to help out for the hopes of double elim.

PnT-MiamiLakes

Smash Cadet
Pot? Sorry, no smoking marajuana in the area. =P (J/k).

I called the ppl running the tourny to find out.

They explained it's 50% to the winner.

I was inquiring as to why is isnt 70/20/10 or 60/30/10. Then I realized they arent having (door fee's or registration fees, however you wanna call it). I had a quick chat with the owner explainging to him how it is a much more viable option going with a 70/20/10 or a 60/30/10 setup and he humbly agreed. However, he said he can't charge door fee to some of the pre registered ppl on such a short notice. So for this Saturday he said he'll keep a 50% pot for the winner, but he wants to make this as much for the Gamers as possible, so pretty much what ever you guys see unfit tomorrow WILL be changed with out a doubt.

So for starters, all future tournies will have a registration fee. and the pot will either be 60/30/10 or 70/20/10. and fututre tournies will def be run double Elim. (thanks for indirectly giving input guys ^_^ )

Also, today is last call for pre-registering. Either post that you are coming, or gonna try to come. Either way it will exclude you from paying any extra fee's just for posting. Hope to see you guys there, and again if you guys have any comments on how things should be changed for fututre refrence you can either tell me at the store (I'm not part of staff, ill actually be participating in the tournament .Carlos aka Junior) or just PM me at this account.

PnT-MiamiLakes

Smash Cadet
Technically,
It would make no difference in fairness if it is single elim when only 1st place wins prize.
It wouldn't be fair to do single elim if 1st 2nd and 3rd where recieving prizes. Seeing as how any placement aside from 1st place is pretty random in a single elim setting. (EX: The best player vs 2nd best player in the first round would mean that the 2nd best player technically gets last place). But when only 1st place gets paid, doing double Elim only adds to the fun factor. Which is why I want to push the double elim. and no matter what happens tomorrow. it will be double elim and 1/2/3 place prize money in all future tournies.

Top Bottom