• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

May 24-25 - Everybody Loves Manko: Season 2

Kamano

Smash Journeyman
Since it doesn't seem anyone else asked...

Manko, did the running of the tourney there and us getting kicked out cause you any additional issues with the landlord or whatever? I hope not. :(

FloridaMeister

Smash Apprentice
(this is Mankosuki)

ok, so I havn't been on the boards at all since the tourney and I thought I should give an update to you guys. Basically the thing that the landlord flipped out about was the fact that there was money involved in the tournament. In her eyes, it was illegal gambling and was afraid cops would find out somehow or something. I tried explaining that it's not considered gambling, but her mind was set.

The next day, she left a note on my door saying that I'm evicted and have 1 week to leave. She was going to kick out my roommates as well even though they had nothing to do with the tourney. As you can imagine, I didn't get the $200 deposit back either.

So I'm currently back at my girlfriend's place, but I'll probably move again in a month. I'll most likely end up in either Jacksonville or Savanah GA since my girlfriend is moving to Statesboro GA.

Anyways, I wanted to apoligize again for the venue being lost. Just know that the inconvenience you guys had in moving was paid for in me losing $200 and my apartment. I hope that I didn't lose face with anyone in the community due to my Landlord having sand in her manko.

vericz

Smash Champion
(this is Mankosuki)

ok, so I havn't been on the boards at all since the tourney and I thought I should give an update to you guys. Basically the thing that the landlord flipped out about was the fact that there was money involved in the tournament. In her eyes, it was illegal gambling and was afraid cops would find out somehow or something. I tried explaining that it's not considered gambling, but her mind was set.

The next day, she left a note on my door saying that I'm evicted and have 1 week to leave. She was going to kick out my roommates as well even though they had nothing to do with the tourney. As you can imagine, I didn't get the $200 deposit back either.

So I'm currently back at my girlfriend's place, but I'll probably move again in a month. I'll most likely end up in either Jacksonville or Savanah GA since my girlfriend is moving to Statesboro GA.

Anyways, I wanted to apoligize again for the venue being lost. Just know that the inconvenience you guys had in moving was paid for in me losing $200 and my apartment. I hope that I didn't lose face with anyone in the community due to my Landlord having sand in her manko.
Woooooow, thats some bad news. hope everything works out for you.

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
(this is Mankosuki)

=( I was never mad. I hope things go ok from here out for you. Curse that woman!

JohnLoBo

Smash Apprentice
Thats ridiculous manko! I hope everything works out for you... I'm sure it will, you seem to have a good head on your shoulders. Good luck dude and keep us updated.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Thanks guys. It's not all that bad really, I had been kicked out previously as well so I'm kind of used to it. Last time it was because my roommate had got back with her boyfriend and he moved in. For some reason he didn't seem to like the fact that I was screwing her.

Gmoney, do you know of any smashers in Jacksonville that would need a roommate? I mean, I can always move back into my mom's place temporarily, but who wants that? Either way I'd probably only stay in Jacksonville until at the most December, as that's when we plan to get hitched.

I've got to decide if I'll be better off in Jax or Savannah.

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
I am really sorry to hear about that news. I didn't think that they would kick you out. I wish you luck in finding a new place.

Top Bottom