• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MATTS! Ultra Smash 64 Tourney * TOURNEY IS OVER*

Stormcrow2

Smash Apprentice
Jel: Will you be on this friday or saturday (or sometime sunday?) night? We face each other (again) in ness dittos for the semis of the loser bracket. Let me know when you can be on.

MATTS!

Smash Ace
I dont know why you DQ'ed me from some brackets, considering that I've been here forever waiting for people like LULZ to contact me. Also Fireblaster didnt say anything about playing AFAIK
Let me know which brackets, as for, I thought you where not playing your matches as somebody has been lying to me, LULZ and Fire. Let me know, I'll put you back up for your matches which ever ones they where thanks.

EDIT: I changed the CF bracket back to you and Fireblaster have to play. Let me know of the other ones thanks.

I win vs. battlecow in Luigi dittos 3-0.

I have no idea who afro chile is and his previous match (Falcon bracket) before his opponent was DQ'd has been up for like a month now. Can he just be DQ'd?

Haven't seen Danny SSB in forever either, and one of our matches (DK) has been waiting for about a month.
afro chile and Danny SSB will be DQ'd Tonight 11:59pm, if no response. Thanks for the update.

Brackets Updated!!

Keep Playing Almost all the NOT CARING NOOBS AND EASY SH.ITS ARE OUT!! YaY.

The Great MATTS!

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Let me know which brackets, as for, I thought you where not playing your matches as somebody has been lying to me, LULZ and Fire. Let me know, I'll put you back up for your matches which ever ones they where thanks.

Just look at this thread, where the hell is lulz? and fireblaster didnt contact me either. Im almost never on egx as i have too high ping there, its not my fault if they expect to meet me there.

Btw, you DQ'ed me from Ness and Falcon dittos brackets.
DK dittos i had to play with lulz too
Mario dittos had to play with CTD GDAFF, never seen him here aswell and he didnt contact me.

DemonicInfluence

Smash Ace
lulz forfeited to me in Mario and Luigi brackets. Also, it's ironic that I have to "play" Jel again in Pika dittos hahhaa.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Most of these smashers can be seen on Galaxy64, LULZ is a good example of this.

SPEAKING OF WHICH

Lulz resigned to me in Spamus dittos.

MattNF

Smash Lord
so MATTS

everyone who was DQed from this tournament shouldn't be allowed into next tournament

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
^^^This.

I am also not allowing people who were d/q'd from this tournament in my tournament.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Yo, How do I contact orion? His "sign up" was one post saying his name and nothing else. Does he have an email or something? considering he's got a whopping one post, I doubt he's often on here checking PM. I don't recall ever seeing him on Galaxy, but maybe I will.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
He has like 100 ping or something, sometimes goes by NBK Orion, but somtimes some odd symbols that form the word Orion. I don't think he cares about this anymore though

MATTS!

Smash Ace
Just look at this thread, where the hell is lulz? and fireblaster didnt contact me either. Im almost never on egx as i have too high ping there, its not my fault if they expect to meet me there.

Btw, you DQ'ed me from Ness and Falcon dittos brackets.
DK dittos i had to play with lulz too
Mario dittos had to play with CTD GDAFF, never seen him here aswell and he didnt contact me.
Your back in for CF, Ness, and DK. So you have to face fireblaster in CF, and LULZ in Dk and ness. As far as Mario dittos, CTD GDAFF was DQ'd just cause he doesn't care. Thanks and play your games.

so MATTS

everyone who was DQed from this tournament shouldn't be allowed into next tournament
Yes I know. My next tournaments will be WAY better than this one. It will be North American only, NO QUESTIONS ASKED, and all the people that signed up for this that got DQ'd, or didn't care, or anybody that pulled bull****, WILL NOT BE ALLOWED IN ANY OTHER TOURNAMENT I HOLD, FOREVER!

Brackets Updated!!

Keep Playing!!!

Don't forget about TEAM DOUBLES!

ALSO:

Lets congratulate...

:bigthumbuPPS PD for Making it to the final match in the Yoshi Bracket! *claps* *claps*:bigthumbu
:bigthumbuA$ for Making it to the final match in the Ness Bracket *claps* *claps*:bigthumbu
:bigthumbuNintendude1189 for Making it to the final match in the Pikachu Bracket *claps* *claps*:bigthumbu

The Great MATTS!

MATTS!

Smash Ace
NA only for the next tourneys sucks.
The only way you will be allowed in the next tourney(s) I hold, since you actually play your games, is if you get good frames with everybody that you play thats in the tourney. Only reason why is because nobody wants to play somebody higher than 5 frames. Example, easyBEC went cRaZy over frames, and so did a bunch of others cause of aussie's, and europeans, and chile people.

Nothing against aussie's, or chile's, or european's, some of them are very good smashers, it's just that people want to enjoy their matches, and their gameplay, and not have to deal with pressing a button and waiting 16 days until it happens on the screen. IF you can, like I said, prove that you can play at 5 frames or lower vs anybody in the tourney of the North American tourney that I hold next, then you can play but it has to be good frames, no higer that 5 frames with EVERYBODY that signed up. Sorry but the delay ****, and all the unfairness of guys having to play with 10 to 20 frames is way to crazy, and im sure everybody would agree with me to.

IF there is alot of aussie's or chile's, and european's players that want to be in a tournament, I will hold a separate tourney just for you guys so you guys can have low frames and have fun and enjoy your gameplay. Thanks.

The Great MATTS!

Edit: Also guys please play your games as the brackets will be almost done soon. Thanks.

dandan

Smash Lord
well then, you just threw all of euro away, cause euro with west coast is higher than 5, aussies with east coast is higher than 5 and i believe all of the south american players won't be able to join too.
that is a nice way of saying that we cannot play, it is like you can play, just come over here...

Mahie

Smash Lord
I have 3-4-5frames to midwest and east coast. However West Coast would be 6-7 frames, not really playable at that point.

Dr_Strangelove

Smash Journeyman
I say Europe is better at smash anyway with no proof or reasoning, and to prove otherwise you guys have to waste a huge sum of money to come over here and beat all of our best players in our version of the game. (but in our eyes you still suck, no matter how well you might do, and we'll still patronise you shamelessly)

/americanmentality

NixxxoN

Smash Master
I say Europe is better at smash anyway with no proof or reasoning, and to prove otherwise you guys have to waste a huge sum of money to come over here and beat all of our best players in our version of the game. (but in our eyes you still suck, no matter how well you might do, and we'll still patronise you shamelessly)

/americanmentality
heh

I'd like to see one day some of the top american pros play the european version to see how they do

Super Smash Bros (E)

Battlecow

Play to Win
Guys, it's a North American tournament. We don't like playing in crazy delay, and most of the players are over here. Feel free to have your own tourneys which we can't join. It's not that we consider ourselves superior to you, it's just the logistics of the thing. If you can come up with a reasonable solution other than "everyone gets delay-*****", I for one am more than willing to consider it.

Dr. Strangelove, get over your delightfully British self. I don't think anyone spends their time actively putting down the Europeans. You seriously think you could beat one of our pros if he came over there and played Euro version? Maybe you could. But there's nothing to be gained by talking about it if we can't play, and the distance is, as you point out, an obstacle. The arrogance you refer to comes from spending a lot of time playing against and watching vids of our own guys, and knowing Jack **** about the European scene. If you want to make a big deal out of it, the onus is on you, if only because the majority of guys on Smashboards are Americans.

MattNF

Smash Lord
I'd play against Europeans, but only on a server so they'd have to deal with the massive delay and not me.

wut

Dr_Strangelove

Smash Journeyman
Guys, it's a North American tournament. We don't like playing in crazy delay, and most of the players are over here. Feel free to have your own tourneys which we can't join. It's not that we consider ourselves superior to you, it's just the logistics of the thing. If you can come up with a reasonable solution other than "everyone gets delay-*****", I for one am more than willing to consider it.

Dr. Strangelove, get over your delightfully British self. I don't think anyone spends their time actively putting down the Europeans. You seriously think you could beat one of our pros if he came over there and played Euro version? Maybe you could. But there's nothing to be gained by talking about it if we can't play, and the distance is, as you point out, an obstacle. The arrogance you refer to comes from spending a lot of time playing against and watching vids of our own guys, and knowing Jack **** about the European scene. If you want to make a big deal out of it, the onus is on you, if only because the majority of guys on Smashboards are Americans.
We suffer this MUCH worse in melee, but I'm glad you see my point.

Mahie

Smash Lord
From a guy who doesn't even know how to use p2p, talking about reducing the delay is ironic.
Let's stop with the off-topic anyway, this won't go anywhere.

NixxxoN

Smash Master

Delay from east coast to west coast = delay from east coast to europe

So why east and west can play but not euros? The creator is from east coast.

DMoogle

A$
Delay from east coast to west coast = delay from east coast to europe

So why east and west can play but not euros? The creator is from east coast.
1. No, the delay really isn't equal. I live in the east coast, and AFAIK I don't get 4 frames with anybody from the west coast except Superboomfan. I'll even get 3 frames occasionally with him (without using the ping trick).
2. East coast is in the middle, and there are plenty of people in between west coast and east coast, rather than a whole ocean.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
1. No, the delay really isn't equal. I live in the east coast, and AFAIK I don't get 4 frames with anybody from the west coast except Superboomfan. I'll even get 3 frames occasionally with him (without using the ping trick).
2. East coast is in the middle, and there are plenty of people in between west coast and east coast, rather than a whole ocean.
You once said your connection is too good and your delay is ridiculously low everywhere.

Mahie

Smash Lord
I wouldn't mind playing on a WC server had I to face a WC player, if he's not satisfied with the delay we get using p2p.

kabal

Smash Apprentice
I wouldn't mind playing on a WC server had I to face a WC player, if he's not satisfied with the delay we get using p2p.
Really? That would be a LOT of delay for you and hardly any for the WC player. Would be tough for you to win unless the guy sucked.

Mahie

Smash Lord
Really? That would be a LOT of delay for you and hardly any for the WC player. Would be tough for you to win unless the guy sucked.
Yeah I know... I already had to play with 13frames vs 3 once and it wasn't pretty...

Lawrencelot

Smash Lord
Simplest solution which is already happening: let there be EU only tourneys, NA only tourneys, and tourneys for both/everyone. We also have european players who don't join tourneys like this for example; those who do join (like me) enjoy playing against american people, likewise there are also americans who enjoy playing against european players.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
why don't we just all meetup in a hotel in New York and finish the tournament there!

i'll bring chips and dip

Battlecow

Play to Win
From a guy who doesn't even know how to use p2p, talking about reducing the delay is ironic.
Let's stop with the off-topic anyway, this won't go anywhere.
grr, stupid crash deleted my novel-length original reply to this. It was funny, too.

Basically:

I do know how to use P2P, I just have a partial access account which doesn't allow me to do so.

and from the esteemed Doctor:
We suffer this MUCH worse in melee, but I'm glad you see my point.
I know next to nothing about the melee scene, so I'm more than willing to admit that those thrice-****ed colonial *******s are arrogant and patronising beyond belief.

MATTS!

Smash Ace
Im sorry to tell everybody but Team Doubles is canceled.

The reason was because to many people got DQ'd and didn't care at all, and alot of them are in the team doubles.

Final Bracket: http://i40.tinypic.com/11qpp1g.jpg

Don't lose any hope though. For all the good people that would play, I put a team doubles in my new tourney. Thank you.

Brackets Updated!!

:chuckle:Brackets are almost DONE!!:chuckle:

The Great MATTS!

Lawrencelot

Smash Lord
Matts why did I lose to imnotpro in the pika bracket, I contacted him a few days ago and we agreed to play today since i lagged before friday and he couldn't play on friday/saturday. So I will try to play against him today, if I don't show up I lose and if he doesn't show up he loses

MATTS!

Smash Ace
Matts why did I lose to imnotpro in the pika bracket, I contacted him a few days ago and we agreed to play today since i lagged before friday and he couldn't play on friday/saturday. So I will try to play against him today, if I don't show up I lose and if he doesn't show up he loses
The reason was, because I was DQ'ing people for inactivity, Along with 2nd rounders. Since you guys are going to be playing today, I NEED ONE OF YOU to post the resluts on who won so I can re-update the bracket. Thino is already DQ'd from the bracket, so if you win the match, I will have to change it to you facing Jel, but if imnotpro wins, I will leave the brackets how they are. Also dandan is DQ'd also, and so is fillip:B, unless both see they have a game to play. So whoever wins this might face Nintendude1189 for the Final Championship Match. It's just to bad people slack off so long. Im tired of waiting for people. NO EXCPETIONS. IT'S BEEN 2 MONTHS. Thanks and post your results.

MATTS!

Lawrencelot

Smash Lord
The reason was, because I was DQ'ing people for inactivity, Along with 2nd rounders. Since you guys are going to be playing today, I NEED ONE OF YOU to post the resluts on who won so I can re-update the bracket. Thino is already DQ'd from the bracket, so if you win the match, I will have to change it to you facing Jel, but if imnotpro wins, I will leave the brackets how they are. Also dandan is DQ'd also, and so is fillip:B, unless both see they have a game to play. So whoever wins this might face Nintendude1189 for the Final Championship Match. It's just to bad people slack off so long. Im tired of waiting for people. NO EXCPETIONS. IT'S BEEN 2 MONTHS. Thanks and post your results.

MATTS!
Ok imnotpro is online and says he will play in half an hour, i hope you can wait with that part of the bracket until we're done

Edit: singlesbracket me vs Firo 2-3 for Firo, ggs

Edit: pika bracket me vs imnotpro 3-2 for me, ggs

Top Bottom